Does the body rule the mind?

Does the body rule the mind? Or does the mind rule the body?

• Total voters
oh it looks like we had this question on here before. that's what i thought. well, whatever.

Last edited:
i say mind rules the body for a few reasons.

For one, when the question refers more directly to something like sex or arousal, we all have self-control...most of us just simply choose not to utilize it.

I could say more but I don’t want to spoil the poll and potential discussion.

exactly what we are talking about when the question is asked is open. i guess just take it the most simplistic way possible and feel free to make any comment/answer as complex you wish, making whatever connections you want, pertaining to whatever.

Hell why not, we have nothing except time.

Both. It depends. Sometimes hormones can affect mood. And sometimes our attitude/emotions can make us physically sick. I do think the mind rules more often though.

The body rules the mind in that the body is the ruler and the mind is the subject. The body wants, or doesn't, and the mind scrambles to make a sensible story of it, a reason for it. The mind is subjected to the body. Yes, the body is also subjected to the mind, but it's the mind that actually serves the body slavishly.

That's my answer anyway, given idly, on the condition that we have 'nothing but time'.

xo, math+

Back
Top Bottom