graham norton

J

jules

when was morrissey on the graham norton show?????????????

> when was morrissey on the graham norton show?????????????

last week, they talked cock all night, it was embarrassing

> when was morrissey on the graham norton show?????????????

he wasn't. back when channel five was in it's infancy a chap called jack doherty had a chat show and on one particular week when he was off grahan norton stepped into the breach and on this particular week morrissey was on performing i believe 'alma matters'.

hope this clears it up.

"I've got to get down to Bury"

"What's he going to Bury for at 10.30pm on a Monday??"

Re: "I've got to get down to Bury"

i have no idea what you're talking about.

> "What's he going to Bury for at 10.30pm on a Monday??"

Viva Bury!

Cheese and Onion Pastie country!

It's part of comedian Peter Kay's stand up routine. He is from Bolton which is in Greater Manchester and he tells a story of doing a gig in Manchester with Graham Norton (who is Irish). AT the gig Graham asks him the name of the gay area in Manchester, everyone locally knows that it's Canal Street, also known as "the villiage". However, for a laugh, Peter tells Graham that the gay area is called "Bury" which is a small, boring town on the outshirts of Greater Manchester county (or Lancashire if you prefer)famous only for its "rag pudding". Graham proceeds to end his stand up routine by telling the audience, "I've got to go now, I've got to get down to Bury" expecting the audience to whoop with delight and amusement, but they all just look at each other asking "What does he want to go to Bury for at 10.30pm on a Monday?".

I guess you had to be there...

> "What's he going to Bury for at 10.30pm on a Monday??"

Haha.. if only you knew the story of Bury at 22.30 On a cold winters monday night. Get me down the pub and I'll tell you.

'the date from hell'

Ruffian

> 'the date from hell'

> Ruffian

Don't describe yourself in such a way, Ruff. You're okay pal.

> Don't describe yourself in such a way, Ruff. You're okay pal.

How would you know, Paddy? You never meet him. He's always sobbing in his pint (of shandy) by 9pm at you continuously standing him up.
Shame on you!

> How would you know, Paddy? You never meet him. He's always sobbing in his
> pint (of shandy) by 9pm at you continuously standing him up.
> Shame on you!

His PINT??!!? If I'd known he drank pints (even of shandy) I would have turned up. Since he's a soft poshboy southerner, I foolishly assumed he'd be a half-pint man.
And I can't be seen standing next to one of them.

Back
Top Bottom