Kristeen Young on Morrissey

Anaesthesine

Angel of Distemper
Kristeen Young was on WNYC's Soundcheck a short while ago - it should be available for podcast from WNYC.org soon.

The band played live, and much of the interview segments were taken up by the subject of Morrissey, and KRISTEENYOUNG's time touring with him. They even mentioned Morissey's fainting spell over the weekend.

No Earth-shaking news; I thought the most interesting part was when the host, John Schaefer, asked her about the now-infamous "outburst," and she said something about it being a rock 'n roll show, being surprised at the audience reaction, and that Iggy Pop did that sort of thing all the time. :rolleyes:

Of course Kristeen and Morrissey have made up, and everything's OK between them. :)

She'll never live that incident down, though.

No Earth-shaking news; I thought the most interesting part was when the host, John Schaefer, asked her about the now-infamous "outburst," and she said something about it being a rock 'n roll show, being surprised at the audience reaction, and that Iggy Pop did that sort of thing all the time. :rolleyes:

No offense to Ms. Young, but until she starts smearing peanut butter all over herself or cutting herself on stage I'm not going to take that statement very seriously. :lbf:

The minute she starts smearing peanut butter all over herself or cutting herself on stage in this day is when I'll not take her very seriously ;-)

I hope he takes her back on as opening act, she's the best I've seen him with. The Courteeners are crap. Or Tiger Army, I heard they opened for him a few times. That would be AWESOME.

mozyoung1sv5.jpg

This is a great KY song, and video.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f1W795Zub8o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f1W795Zub8o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

But I think Doll and the Kicks are maybe the best openers for Morrissey I've ever seen.

Great song, living totem pole, great, great, great. DRGAFTTYTT.

Back
Top Bottom