Question National front disco lyrics

Alfie75280

Hang the DJ!
What is the protagonist known as in ‘The National Front Disco?’ I and I’m sure everyone else thought it was ‘David’ but upon discovering the Japanese CD version from 1992 (the only physical copy with printed lyrics I believe) reads ‘Davie the wind blows’ in the first line. Anyone got any info on this?

Attachments

• national front.png
    national front.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 0
I realise that this is not conclusive because it's a Central headline and isn't stated to be the lyrics for National Front Disco, but on 2nd July 2020 the message headline was DAVEY THE WIND BLOWS BITS OF YOUR LIFE AWAY.

I believe Sam (Esty Rayner) has an Instagram account, he always seems ecstatic to hear from fans and answer questions. Maybe you should ask him and report back.

sing whatever you like,its not a crime,if you hear davie then sing davie.

I've always heard 'David'. Now I am off to question everything else about my life. :( :swear
Me too ^^ Argh I hate those things, now you always wonder subconsciously, although it really doesn't matter 😁 But for me it was always a well pronounced David

Me too ^^ Argh I hate those things, now you always wonder subconsciously, although it really doesn't matter 😁 But for me it was always a well pronounced David
I've even seen it live a few times and heard David. Maybe he changes it up like that line in Suedehead, isn't it 'all those empty pages' and 'all those illustrations' that he switches between? But now I forget which one is in the recorded version. :(

Tags
national front disco your arsenal
Back
Top Bottom