What She Said

G

goinghome

On page 13 of Elizabeth Smart's novel 'By Grand Central Station I Sat Down And Wept', there is a paragraph that reminds me of the words to the song What She Said. It goes:

"I have learned to smoke because I need something to hold on to. I dare not be without a cigarette in my hand. If I should be looking the other way when the hour of doom is struck, how shall I avoid being turned into stone unless I can remember something to do which will lead me back to the simplicity and safety of daily living?"

Is that close enough to being a probable source, if someone's not already picked up on it?

On page 13 of Elizabeth Smart's novel 'By Grand Central Station I Sat Down And Wept', there is a paragraph that reminds me of the words to the song What She Said. It goes:

"I have learned to smoke because I need something to hold on to. I dare not be without a cigarette in my hand. If I should be looking the other way when the hour of doom is struck, how shall I avoid being turned into stone unless I can remember something to do which will lead me back to the simplicity and safety of daily living?"

Is that close enough to being a probable source, if someone's not already picked up on it?

Hi,

Yes you're right with the source. It's at the following link to the "It may all end tomorrow" site.

http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~moz/

Thanks, I hadn't seen that, it's quite an interesting list.

It's a great song, if, or because, so grim.

Cheers! :)

Ok, ok, everyone knows already. Yet another thread 'over and it never really began!'

Seriously, thanks for all the added info. :)

Back
Top Bottom