A sneaky way for Morrissey & Marr to reunite... what do you think?

SuedeMoz

Now that Morrissey has shown he is willing to play album anniversary shows (YATQ)... is there any way this could lead to Morrissey & Marr reuniting to play 40th Smiths album anniversary shows (MIM 2025 or QID 2026)? Think about it... they could do it without calling it a "Smiths reunion"... or in any way implying they are back together beyond the shows. It's a long shot, I know.

Last edited:
Now that Morrissey has shown he is willing to play album anniversary shows (YATQ)... is there any way this could lead to Morrissey & Marr reuniting to play 40th Smiths album anniversary shows (MIM 2025 or QID 2026)? Think about it... they could do it without calling it a "Smiths reunion"... or in any way implying they are back together beyond the shows. It's a long shot, I know.
its the biggest long shot in history,never going to happen and would anyone really want it to,they are not even close to being the same people.

its the biggest long shot in history,never going to happen and would anyone really want it to,they are not even close to being the same people.
Exactly. I'd be very interested in what Mozzer might have done with the elements of New Town Velocity, but his live shows are exceptional already.

They don't like each other and they don't need each other.

I don't want to see two former friends trying to recapture something that died decades ago.

The Smiths is dead.

There's more chance of Morrissey getting elected Pope
Now there’s an idea.
Party Alcohol GIF

Last edited:
No Andy Rourke = no Smiths reunion. Whatever opportunity there was has passed, and is never coming back. Accept it and move on.

Johnny said in an interview that he did find the letter insulting so an apology is indeed needed before anything can happen. And it was Morrissey who insisted on the 40/40/10/10 split, the rest of the band were practically teenagers when that deal was struck. Besides when has Johnny been involved in a pay dispute without Moz being involved? Moz' career has been a never-ending series of money disputes.
Are you saying Marr was lying in his autobiography so where he claimed he was the one who threatened to walk (and ultimately did anyway when it suited him) if the split was equal rather than the 40/40/10/10 allocation? For the sake of the truth where possible?

Tags
johnny marr morriessy smiths
Back
Top Bottom