abusive ebayer...

slum mum 1974

I made a mistake when i bought 'Inside The Smiths', i left neutral feedback because i received a dvd that was a copy but i left the feedback for the wrong ebayer. He then started using abusive names and being a really spiteful person. I couldn't apologise enough and i asked him what i could do. He told me to withdraw the feedback. I did so but now i wish i hadn't. He is a really horrible person. I read through all of his negative feedback and saw that that was the way he calls everybody that leaves him negative or neutral feedback.

This is probably not that intresting but i needed to tell someone, i can't get it off my mind. He has bothered me and i should just wipe it from my mind but he has pis*ed me off. Thanks for reading! :o

If D Licious was here she would go take care of him for you Slummy. :p

What a creep. :mad:

why not redo the feedback again and tell everyone who reads it, what a cock he is.

The internet is full of creeps. Go through official channels on eBay and file a complaint. If they get enough, he will be banned forever.

I would report him- nobody should have to put up with that.

People think that they can bully people over the internet as they are faceless and think you cant do anything about it.

I ordered a cable for my ipod and when i recieved it it didnt work, i contacted the seller and he called me stupid and refused to give me a refund. I contacted ebay and within a week he'd refunded me hehe :)

Go to the Ebay home page and click on Safety Centre at the bottom, then click on Report a Problem.

People think that they can bully people over the internet as they are faceless and think you cant do anything about it.

This is true more often than one would imagine. People like this should be stopped. Communities, whether on-line or off, should maintain standards stringently.

Do you think it's someone on here?

Nope.....i don't think a Morrissey fan would treat anyone like that but then again i could be very niave....*sigh*

Thanks for all your input, i shall make a formal complaint to ebay. I don't buy much from there, well, up until now, and normally it's just Morrissey and Smiths stuff. This is the first and hopefully the last time i will have the unpleasentness of this person.

I reported him and i shall let you guys know what becomes of it.(probably nothing:()

Go to the Ebay home page and click on Safety Centre at the bottom, then click on Report a Problem.

What he said. I ordered $400 worth of tools from a guy who described them as having been used only lightly, yet when they arrived, they were filthy, broken, missing pieces, and clearly abused. It took almost 5 months of following up with him, eBay, and PayPal before I got my money back. eBay eventually canceled his registration so that he couldn't pull that shit on someone else.

why not redo the feedback again and tell everyone who reads it, what a cock he is.
feedback can only be withdrawn if both parties agree and then you have a mark by your name saying "mutually withdrawn" so everyone knows you were in a pissing match. She can respond to his feedback though, and she can report him. And the person selling copies can be reported too.

I know people don't like to report, but these people take advantage of fans, of the person they are stealing from, Morrissey in this case, and they give ebay a "dodgy" or shady reputation, when there are many honest sellers on there.

I think it's fine to download concerts or video footage for your own use, but when you start selling it, you've become a criminal, and can't complain if you get caught. On one hand,if I were to be very generous, I could say the person that sold her the copy is providing a service to fans, but if they lie about it being an original, and take advantage of everyone's good will and trust, that's not right and the person shouldn't be on ebay. that's what swap meets and boot sales are for.

What he said. I ordered $400 worth of tools from a guy who described them as having been used only lightly, yet when they arrived, they were filthy, broken, missing pieces, and clearly abused. It took almost 5 months of following up with him, eBay, and PayPal before I got my money back. eBay eventually canceled his registration so that he couldn't pull that shit on someone else.

I'm glad you got your money and caused him some problems. Unfortunately many of these people re-register and start all over. But that's just more reason that they should always be reported. Eventually they'll decide it isn't worth it. Thank you for taking the trouble to follow through with it. That's a good thing for buyers and honest sellers, because these thieves make the whole site look bad, when really there are a lot of great deals on ebay, and a lot of things hard to find elsewhere, and many sellers and buyers are honest people.

toolhaus.org is a great place to check out sellers. You can read all of their negative feedback without scrolling through pages and pages. Some of these people are very clever and there are ways to fake good feedback. people pretend to buy and sell from each other, people have multiple accounts, people have accounts for every one of there employees, etc.

Good feedback does matter but it should be obviously left by different people and not say "Great seller! Thanks!" 20 times per page left by different names. That's an exxageration, but really these people will fake good feedback, and have a rating that sounds ok, like 97%.

Actually 97% is a terrible feedback rating. That means they've pissed off three people out of a hundred enough to leave bad feedback and that's a lot. Most people won't leave bad feedback because they will get bad feedback in return. Feedback can be reported if it is retaliatory. You have to do it in a certain length of time and they charge you a fee to investigate it, but if you're bothered that a crook ruined your 100% rating you do have options.

There's so much that people can do if they are dishonest and a small section of people do most of the crooked stuff. It's worth it to read the buying guides sometimes, and always ask questions of the seller. If they don't respond to potential buyers that is a major clue that once they have your money they REALLY will have no interest in communicating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received this mail today...."Hello Pam,

Thank you for writing to us regarding the abusive emails you've received
from "feelgoodinc090505".

As a fellow eBayer, I can certainly understand how unsettling this
situation can be and I'd like to help you in any way I can.

In this case, to make it possible for us to investigate further, we need
you to reply to this email pasting the contents and "header" of the
email into your reply. Please don't send the email as an attachment. (To
give us added protection against computer viruses, we never open
attachments.)

Please send the contents and "header" even if the email is in My
Messages. To protect your privacy, we can't view the emails in the My
Messages section of My eBay, so I can't check the email contents and
header myself.

What is a "header"?

Every email has a hidden header which gives information about the email
sender and recipient and the email's journey to its destination. The
header can tell us whether the email was actually sent from the address
in the "from" line.

How to find the header

The way to do this differs between email programs and systems. I have
included instructions on how to find email headers using some popular
email programs below:

- Outlook Express:
1. Open the message.
2. Go to the File menu and select "Properties".
3. Click on the "Details" tab.

- Microsoft Outlook:
1. Open the message in a separate window.
2. Go to the View menu and select "Options".

- Hotmail:
1. Open the message.
2. Go to Options and select "Mail Display Settings".
3. Select "Full headers" under "Message headers" and click "OK".

If you're using a different email program or system, its Help pages will
tell you how to find an email's header. Alternatively, ask your
administrator or try your email program's technical support.

What does a header look like?

Here's a sample header to give you an idea of what you're looking for:

X-Gmail-Received: b0b4003d5eb2aa0a40e9365bf150eb35cf0da2e7
Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.36.55.9 with SMTP id d8cs11259nza;
Received: by 10.35.29.7 with SMTP id g6mr916941pyj;
Wed, 02 May 2007 10:06:09 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
X-Originating-IP: [212.36.181.66]
X-Originating-Email: [[email protected]]
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: How are you?
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 18:06:08 +0100
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Return-Path: [email protected]
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 02 May 2007 17:06:08.0365 (UTC)
FILETIME=[DEE9B1D0:01C66ED3]

We'll use the header information to verify the source and contents of
the email.

Pam, we know your time is valuable, so thank you in advance for sending
this information to us.

Kind regards,

Louise Smith
eBay Trust & Safety"

Well, i sent one back and i guess it's now a waiting game.

Last edited:
ePay is fuil of ass-clowns and cock gobblers. This schmuck is an idiot...we just have to live with that!

im a good ebayer i got one positive feedback! im not selling nothing tho but i will buy something good if any of you have anything to sell and i will leave some positive feedback for you!.

im a good ebayer i got one positive feedback! im not selling nothing tho but i will buy something good if any of you have anything to sell and i will leave some positive feedback for you!.

I consider myself an excellent eBayer. I do a LOT of selling and have encountered all kinds. If something happens where I have screwed up I make ammends immediately.

However there are a lot of BUYERS that bully the sellers and think that the threat of negative feedback gives them the ability to do what they want.

Examples to the nimrod buyers.

1 - Shipping is determined by the weight of the object. If you buy a package that weighs 3-4 lbs then guess what... shipping is determined by whatever the price the post office charges and is not determined what the price of the winning bid was. Some guy from France once complained that the shipping was more than the cost of the item after he bought two Star Wars Pez dispensors.

2 - Sellers are not at your beck and call. I dont care if you live 10 miles away. I am not waiting at home or taking a day off from work so you can pick your item up at my house unless it is something that is incapable or unreasonable to send through the mail. You want to buy my giant stereo speakers that weigh 50lbs each? I will meet up with you . To the guy who left me negative feedback because I refused to take a Wednesday off from work to hand you a vintage Star Wars vehicle... well I still say F-U.

3 - Some people do not realize that when you sell a used CD or DVD or a Video Game that... just because you no longer like it or did not like after you opened it does not mean you get refund. I had one guy say... "It works fine but I did not like it." That falls under the same WTF are you talking about? I fulfilled my end and delivered object in perfect condition. Your complaint is with the makers of the music or movie or game not myself.

4 - Speculators... I had a comic book store buy something from me. They then told me that their customer could not pick it up and wanted to return it to me. Are you kidding? You bought something from me with the intention to resell it? Then realized once you were stuck you "demanded" to return it? Hey... if something was legitimately wrong then I would take it back. If you are so STUPID to tell me that your customer did not want it and you want to return it. WOW ... Your problem now.

I have more to vent but I will save that for other posts.

However there are a lot of BUYERS that bully the sellers and think that the threat of negative feedback gives them the ability to do what they want.

YES! I dealt with this today. Complicated story and I don't want to post the messages we sent back and forth but she came on like I had cheated her and that I was going to give her back all of her money and return shipping plus and then she would leave good feedback. She violated ebay policy with her threat and in effect was trying to sell me a good feedback. She can be kicked off for that.

Is it just me, or is the Cult of eBay really scary?? I'm working on my Caveat Emptor notice for when I sell there but really, it might be easier to get up at 4AM and get a table at the flea market. Why? Because I don't have to make buyers happy for longer than it takes to get their money. :eek:

I made a mistake when i bought 'Inside The Smiths', i left neutral feedback because i received a dvd that was a copy but i left the feedback for the wrong ebayer. He then started using abusive names and being a really spiteful person. I couldn't apologise enough and i asked him what i could do. He told me to withdraw the feedback. I did so but now i wish i hadn't. He is a really horrible person. I read through all of his negative feedback and saw that that was the way he calls everybody that leaves him negative or neutral feedback.

This is probably not that intresting but i needed to tell someone, i can't get it off my mind. He has bothered me and i should just wipe it from my mind but he has pis*ed me off. Thanks for reading! :o

I had such a bad ebay experience I became a complete maniac and made a xanga so anyone who wanted to could see the emails the jerk sent me. I should not post it because it will make me seem petty but what the heck I'll do it anyway! xanga link

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom