Alain's wedding photos

blah blah blah

Reposting other people's pictures without their specific permission is wrong. It's probably in MySpace's TOU. I'm pretty sure it's in the TOU here. They aren't your pictures. You don't hold the copyright. You had no right to repost them, no matter what your intentions or assumptions were, or how easy it is to join MySpace, or anything else.

You really should just apologize and move on.

That had to be one of the WORST comebacks I've ever heard :lbf:

So it's your manner to insult someone you disagree with? Your tolerance speaks volumes :rolleyes:

It wasn't an insult, silly; just a simple question....and I already know the answer.

It's funny how you continue to tell people who don't agree with you to "calm down," yet you're the one who threw at least one hissy fit when you thought someone was trolling you. You're quite a character. Good luck with that. :thumb:

Reposting other people's pictures without their specific permission is wrong. It's probably in MySpace's TOU. I'm pretty sure it's in the TOU here. They aren't your pictures. You don't hold the copyright. You had no right to repost them, no matter what your intentions or assumptions were, or how easy it is to join MySpace, or anything else.

You really should just apologize and move on.

First of all, if you're going to argue about something, at least get it right. We're talking facebook.
Secondly, saying that I don't hold a copyright to Alain Whyte's wedding pictures is the most ludicrous argument yet. They're wedding pictures -- they're not copyrighted at all.
Does that mean we are breaking the law every time we post a Morrissey/Smiths album sleeve on this forum? Last time I checked, none of us hold the copyrights to those.
I'm pretty sure I'm not making any profit by posting a link to Alain's wedding pictures here. The link is easily accessible to public domain.
I've never been to a site where copying and pasting is against TOS. Is that really your argument? If that's the case, then why do computer manufacturers include the copy/paste function at all?

You should really just calm down and get over it. I don't really care if any of you are offended or not. I've said before, if Alain has a problem with it, I will gladly take the link and image down. But as of right now, too many people who don't even KNOW him are getting their underwear in a collective bunch about it.

It wasn't an insult, silly; just a simple question....and I already know the answer.

Then why ask the question? Seems pretty ignorant to me :rolleyes:

It's funny how you continue to tell people who don't agree with you to "calm down," yet you're the one who threw at least one hissy fit when you thought someone was trolling you. You're quite a character. Good luck with that. :thumb:

Last time I checked, I'm not trolling anyone. Nor am I insulting anyone blindly because I don't agree with them. I'm just wondering why so many people are concerned about Alain's pictures when not even HE is. :rolleyes: Truly, they do need to calm down. And as for the trolling affair, I don't recall a "hissy fit" -- I recall having a good laugh out of someone who's been banned repeatedly here trying to have a go at me.
I wish I had the time on my hands that some people here have :rolleyes:

facebook

You don't! I've never seen a goat dressed in an outfit quite like that before. And what're Hellie and the goat doing to that stockbroker? :squiffy:

I'm glad I don't have a facebook account.
I'm able to keep all my secrets in private. :p

uhhhh

*coughRonJeremy'sportraitistattooedonKewpie'sbumcough*

Good grief, you can't distinguish this and RJ?
Time to go to spec savers. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
First of all, if you're going to argue about something, at least get it right. We're talking facebook.
Secondly, saying that I don't hold a copyright to Alain Whyte's wedding pictures is the most ludicrous argument yet. They're wedding pictures -- they're not copyrighted at all.
Does that mean we are breaking the law every time we post a Morrissey/Smiths album sleeve on this forum? Last time I checked, none of us hold the copyrights to those.
I'm pretty sure I'm not making any profit by posting a link to Alain's wedding pictures here. The link is easily accessible to public domain.
I've never been to a site where copying and pasting is against TOS. Is that really your argument? If that's the case, then why do computer manufacturers include the copy/paste function at all?

You should really just calm down and get over it. I don't really care if any of you are offended or not. I've said before, if Alain has a problem with it, I will gladly take the link and image down. But as of right now, too many people who don't even KNOW him are getting their underwear in a collective bunch about it.

Oh, sorry. Facebook. BFD.

I think the photographer who took the photos would argue your point about copyright. As would anyone who understands the concept of copyright. :rolleyes:

Whatever. Good luck.

A lot of the above is assumption by you.

At the end of the day, you took private pictures off somebody's webpage that are only accessible to people HE has decided to befriend, irrespective of whatever criteria he uses, and posted them on a public forum.

THAT'S how SIMPLE it is.

Agree fully with post:thumb:

Oh, sorry. Facebook. BFD.

I think the photographer who took the photos would argue your point about copyright. As would anyone who understands the concept of copyright. :rolleyes:

Whatever. Good luck.

Knowing photographers Alain is probably infringing on the copyright just by posting them. :rolleyes:

It's not enough for photographers to show up and charge you a ton of money to take pictures but you have to pay for each copy of the work they did. I'm surprised they haven't come up with a way to pay to view photo's on-line at the cost of 3 cents a view or something stupid.

This thread however isn't about copyrights. This thread really is about people making a big f***ing deal about a whole lot of nothing.

If you actually think Alain is having something done with his photos that he would be unhappy about then contact him and let him know. mcrickson hasn't broken any rules by posting those photos.

Clearly he disagrees with those of you who think he's violated someone's privacy. A handful of people agree with him.

So is anyone going to do anything about it or are people just going bitch and moan?

It's not enough for photographers to show up and charge you a ton of money to take pictures but you have to pay for each copy of the work they did. I'm surprised they haven't come up with a way to pay to view photo's on-line at the cost of 3 cents a view or something stupid.

Yeah. How dare artists charge for their work!

Bored, why are you singling me out? Occasions like this are a real disincentive to participate here.

Occasions like this are a real disincentive to participate here.

God bless bored, then :o

Honestly, I'm not going to apologize because I'm not sorry. The only person I WOULD apologize to is Alain if he had a problem with it. But again, some people have so much time on their hands to care about people they don't even know :rolleyes:

God bless bored, then :o

Honestly, I'm not going to apologize because I'm not sorry. The only person I WOULD apologize to is Alain if he had a problem with it. But again, some people have so much time on their hands to care about people they don't even know :rolleyes:

Yeah, you're right. Why bother speaking up when someone's doing something wrong? The guy with the camera phone saying, "Dayum! Dayum!" while taking video of a teenaged boy being beaten and kicked to death in the street in Chicago a couple of weeks ago did exactly the right thing. Only the boy being kicked in the head had any business objecting. :rolleyes:

Oh, you asked for it:

"The death of a disco dancer
Well, I'd rather not get involved
I never talk to my neighbour
I'd rather not get involved
Oh ... "​

Do you not listen to the words?

Yeah, you're right. Why bother speaking up when someone's doing something wrong? The guy with the camera phone saying, "Dayum! Dayum!" while taking video of a teenaged boy being beaten and kicked to death in the street in Chicago a couple of weeks ago did exactly the right thing. Only the boy being kicked in the head had any business objecting. :rolleyes:

Oh, you asked for it:

"The death of a disco dancer
Well, I'd rather not get involved
I never talk to my neighbour
I'd rather not get involved
Oh ... "​

Do you not listen to the words?

I don't see you getting involved, sweet cheeks :rolleyes:
Practice what you preach.

Tags
dont be mean icanposttagstoo stfu pftlt worstthreadever
Back