"All The Young People..." #2 in UK vinyl singles chart; "Thank You" from Morrissey Central

Good times for a change....

922B2E5B-41ED-4597-8251-1399640B3130.png

Posted by Famous when dead:

All The Young People Must Fall In Love
single is number 2 on the Official British Vinyl chart.

Thank you for your support during these dystopian days.

Morrissey
13 July 2018

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/thank-you

A brief post - appearing just as we were discussing chart positions... :)
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please read, it sold more is what I said, which it did.
https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/poll-predict-first-week-sales-for-‘low-in-high-school’.141239/
And look at the numbers and you will also find that Spent the Day in Bed did chart higher and that any of the WP-singles and is his biggest hit on spotify since First of the Gang to Die.
But you're free to ignore facts and post on your own gut feelings of course.

I think the truth is somewhere between yours and Surface interpretation. LIHS charted only at Number 5 after much airplay of STDIB wasn‘t that great with the marketing power of BMG. Successwise these are ok times, not much more.
But you cannot count the limited 7“ (without download choice) and the 157th Compilation missing the top 100... They really don’t count. So haters, go and find orher points to proof that Morrissey is over.

good to know that Ketamin Sue and that vegan ustasha are the one and same Person ^^

Really? Uk tour cancelled with not a single date sold out, This is Morrissey didn’t even make the top 100, All the young people didn’t even make the top 100?

Think it’s a return to the wilderness years in the UK I’m afaraid, all brought on by being completely out of touch with reality and shooting his mouth off with views that aren’t supported in the main.

Whether you agree with his views are not - his views on Brexit and apparent opposition to mass immigration are very much reflected by those of ordinary people (as evidenced by the EU referendum, which was won by the housing estate dispossessed coming out to vote in droves). Granted such views are not reflected in the mainstream media - which makes it all the more remarkable that Brexit won. If you think such views are not reality for millions of working class people you really do need to get out more.

Just back from watching The Killers at the Macron with my youngest. Crikey they know how to put a show on, they even threw in Blue Monday by New Order.
2 hours, proper value for money, highly recommend next time they're in town.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

2 hours?! 2 hours of The Killers?! Sounds like absolute aural torture. You paid good money to listen to The Killers fir 2 hours? You must be out of your tiny little mind.

2 hours?! 2 hours of The Killers?! Sounds like absolute aural torture. You paid good money to listen to The Killers fir 2 hours? You must be out of your tiny little mind.

Surface went to the sucky Killers shows whoopeedoo.:sleeping:

Whether you agree with his views are not - his views on Brexit and apparent opposition to mass immigration are very much reflected by those of ordinary people (as evidenced by the EU referendum, which was won by the housing estate dispossessed coming out to vote in droves). Granted such views are not reflected in the mainstream media - which makes it all the more remarkable that Brexit won. If you think such views are not reality for millions of working class people you really do need to get out more.

Appreciate that I’m talking more about the Robinson comments.

Appreciate that I’m talking more about the Robinson comments.

God, I wish the authorities went after Jihadis returning from Syria with even half the same zeal as that with which they went after Mr Robinson...

I think the truth is somewhere between yours and Surface interpretation. LIHS charted only at Number 5 after much airplay of STDIB wasn‘t that great with the marketing power of BMG. Successwise these are ok times, not much more.
But you cannot count the limited 7“ (without download choice) and the 157th Compilation missing the top 100... They really don’t count. So haters, go and find orher points to proof that Morrissey is over.

WtF? "Surface 'interpretation'"?:crazy: FFS thats an oxymoron.LOL:lbf:

So why do come here?! Maladjusted ist 21(!) years old. And if you don‘t find a good tune on Quarry, Ringleader, Refusual, Worldpeace or LIHS, than you must be either deaf or havn‘t heard them, just as easy it is with your troll post!

Because reading these forums is like going to the zoo, and much cheaper. Plus I like to support David. Have been for 20+ years.

Dystopian days - no these are the best days. Humans are freely protesting and speaking out for whatever they feel strongly about on all sides - days of apathy and feeling powerless are over.

That's right 2 full hours, one hundred and twenty minutes of pure excitement from beginning to end non stop at a cost of £75:00p each for me and my Son.
Now tell me something and be very honest with me won't ya ? :highfive:
How does that compare with old Stevo Paddy Tosserrey at one of his performances ?
Over to you now, keep it sensible, stay on topic and most of all take all the time you need :cool:

That's right 2 full hours, one hundred and twenty minutes of pure excitement from beginning to end non stop at a cost of £75:00p each for me and my Son.
Now tell me something and be very honest with me won't ya ? :highfive:
How does that compare with old Stevo Paddy Tosserrey at one of his performances ?
Over to you now, keep it sensible, stay on topic and most of all take all the time you need :cool:

I assume you and son lol :rolleyes:(AKA surface) were paid to sit thru the 2 hours of musical misery.:crazy:

I don't have anything to back up this statement other than anecdotal evidence, but I'm pretty sure that your "average Morrissey fan" is more of a Guardian reader than a Daily Mail reader, and Guardian readers are likely to be anti-Brexit and pro-immigration because that's how they feel, not because the Guardian tells them to be. Morrissey has only himself to blame for alienating himself among a huge proportion of his fan base.

Last edited:
I don't have anything to back up this statement other than anecdotal evidence, but I'm pretty sure that your "average Morrissey fan" is more of a Guardian reader than a Daily Mail reader, and Guardian readers are likely to be pro-Brexit and pro-immigration because that's how they feel, not because the Guardian tells them to be. Morrissey has only himself to blame for alienating himself among a huge proportion of his fan base.
Sorry, American here but not sure I understand how those 2 pro positions are not almost diametrically opposed to each other

Back
Top Bottom