Morrissey Central "Beethoven U.S.A." (April 25, 2024)

BEETHOVEN U.S.A.

April 25, 2024

1000019151.jpg

Morrissey's 'Beethoven Was Deaf' live recording in Paris 1992 will have its first U.S. release on Friday 26 July on both CD and vinyl. The gatefold LP will be available on black vinyl and also on orange vinyl.
The artwork is new, and the album is pressed on the Sire label. 'Beethoven Was Deaf' was originally released worldwide excluding the U.S.A on 10 May 1993.

Related link:

Last edited by a moderator:
This sleeve is an abomination. As the Bard once said "It doth infect my eyes!" If I were cash heavy as a billionaire I would not purchase this shameless cash grab. I've always wanted this album on vinyl, but with the wonderful original cover star and artwork. Toss this garbage into the abyss where it belongs- f*** sakes Morrissey-

He’s not in control of his image anymore, it would appear.
hasnt been for a long time,an image company sends him samples and he approves which one he likes,he mentioned this a few years back.

Hopefully the new manager is keeping tabs on Alain et al. Just in case...
The occasional reunion with former band mates would be really nice, not just Alain, also Boz, Gustavo, Matt, Gary…. We’re not really talking about touring here, just 2 one-off concerts. The likelihood that it will actually happen, is a different matter.

The occasional reunion with former band mates would be really nice, not just Alain, also Boz, Gustavo, Matt, Gary…. We’re not really talking about touring here, just 2 one-off concerts. The likelihood that it will actually happen, is a different matter.
But this would mean, that he has to understand, that some members of the solo family are more important than others or may even reach his popularity.

But he does understand that, just not in the way that you and I and many others would hope.
Didn't he point out with irritation in the autobiography, that Alain also wanted to appear on the covers of his albums, not without adding where Alain had once originally worked (council job)?
Trivia: the cover of “We hate it...” with Alain and Gary is the best solo vinyl album cover ever (at least for me).

Horrible picture. I was in that Amsterdam gig. Shitty audience, poor sound. Boz Boorer’s wallet was stolen the night before and the bass player ( I think) passed a hat to collect some cash for him, joking of course.

Didn't he point out with irritation in the autobiography, that Alain also wanted to appear on the covers of his albums, not without adding where Alain had once originally worked (council job)?
Trivia: the cover of “We hate it...” with Alain and Gary is the best solo vinyl album cover ever (at least for me).
Yes: I just came across that reference to Alain in Autobiography (page 390) when I was looking to see if Morrissey had anything interesting to say about the Amsterdam concert in 2006 - he doesn't, skipping from the one in Malmõ before to the one in Paris after without even mentioning the Amsterdam one (page 391). I'm going to assume that he has no control over this album re-issue.

I’ll guess that they will take place in the middle of nowhere, on the 12th of never. 😆
Given all the cancelations last year and in January with no explanation... short of reuniting the 1992 band and playing the full Beethoven setlist... truthfully, is anyone all that excited about these shows?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom