Both Quarry anniversary events cancelled (January 25, 2024)

Tomorrow's show in Anaheim is canceled according to Ticketmaster :(

LA show is still on for now...

Posted by SOSB:

27th is cancelled as per Kia Forum twitter.

Links posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
That it's somewhat hypocritical to be contributing to one of the things making his life worse while claiming to be sympathetic towards him.
But what is it that Aubrey is doing, you mean? Goading him on?

"We understand him a little better on a personal level"? You do not know this person. You know a public persona, and those can be constructed. How many of those "deeply personal" lyrics were actually taken from a Shelagh Delaney play or an Elizabeth Smart book? How many times were we led to believe that he was "too depressed" to take the stage only to be seen later laughing and drinking with Noel Gallagher and Russell Brand?
Remain a fan if you like, of course, no one is saying you can't -- but you do not "know" or "understand" him. To claim that because you've listened to songs he wrote is delusional.

Fair point. What I meant by "know him a little better on a personal level" is that we can perhaps relate to him better. Some of us are even more dysfunctional in life than he is. I'm just noticing that the people scolding him for squandering his opportunities for success seem to be pretty well-adjusted and successful in life themselves. They can't understand why someone would be so abnormal as to disappear without offering something as simple as an apology or explanation. "It's the easiest thing to do, why can't he? Doesn't he care about his fans' feelings and inconveniences?" Personally I've never expected him to care about me. He's the artist. I'm fortunate to have whatever he creates. And Morrissey's empathy scale is well-known to be differently structured than most people's. He's more concerned with animal suffering than with human disappointment. Seems about right to me. First world problems and all that.

And I realize it might not necessarily be a case of depression for him. It could be some other weirdness, who knows. The Noel Gallagher anecdote was a cancellation on account of pneumonia. "And yet here I am." I must be perverse, because I find that funny.

Absolutely. At the end of the day, they are employees of Morrissey, who work for money. If there are no shows to be played, alongside a lack of album releases, there's no money to be made for them. Inevitably, they'll abandon Morrissey and look for work elsewhere, work they'll actually get paid for. Seen it happen with a few bands over the years where they tour sporadically, and not frequently enough for the backing musicians to make money.
As is their right. The key word is "working musician" is, after all, working.

As is their right. The key word is "working musician" is, after all, working.

Yep. They’ll get other work, if they choose to. They’ll be fine.

But what is it that Aubrey is doing, you mean? Goading him on?

The press take quotes & ideas from the internet.

For example - Bookish pointed out that Vanity Fair had taken a quote from this site to make a case for Morrissey being popular with incels.

Yes, but this doesn’t change the fact that he is tarnishing his career, reputation and legacy by canceling all of these shows, making stupid comments, sharing videos by alt-right yobs etc etc. Those factors we speak of have apparently spiraled out of control.

I’m one of those silly fools who’s heart he has touched and who’s life he made more bearable and this is why I’m concerned.

I've been vocal on here about my disappointment over some of those same things. I've complained about Paul Joseph Watson so much, Malarkey thinks I'm his publicist.

Don't get me wrong, I'm concerned too. Morrissey cancelling concerts is one thing (and familiar), but to cancel them at the rate he's been going at is getting out of hand. He may not have a touring future. I do hope he has a recording future, though. You and I both agree, the past ten years have been his poorest material, or at least: the lows have outpaced the highs. But he does still have excellent songs in him, and his voice is undiminished. A new producer and new collaborators are not out of the question. His antiquated attachment to record labels and spinning discs might mean that self-release is off the table, but even if he only gives us a great album(s) posthumously, that would be enough.

Fair point. What I meant by "know him a little better on a personal level" is that we can perhaps relate to him better. Some of us are even more dysfunctional in life than he is. I'm just noticing that the people scolding him for squandering his opportunities for success seem to be pretty well-adjusted and successful in life themselves. They can't understand why someone would be so abnormal as to disappear without offering something as simple as an apology or explanation. "It's the easiest thing to do, why can't he? Doesn't he care about his fans' feelings and inconveniences?" Personally I've never expected him to care about me. He's the artist. I'm fortunate to have whatever he creates. And Morrissey's empathy scale is well-known to be differently structured than most people's. He's more concerned with animal suffering than with human disappointment. Seems about right to me. First world problems and all that.

And I realize it might not necessarily be a case of depression for him. It could be some other weirdness, who knows. The Noel Gallagher anecdote was a cancellation on account of pneumonia. "And yet here I am." I must be perverse, because I find that funny.
I think the thing that bothers me is that he's letting himself down. I'm mess, I have autism/various conditions and went through mental health problems and manage to somewhat hold things together.

Took quotes 4 years+ old, not even a news-based comment - just a random thread, cherry picked and by a known revolving door troll.
Yeah, journalism at its finest.
FWD.

Well said. There's a theater in my town that's a mile from my house that he's played at before, other than that, why bother?
And even that might be a problem for some people. Inflation in Argentina was 211% last year, most of it during the second half, after the tickets went on sale.

So even if a Buenos Aires dweller decided to see Morrissey and did not spend on travel and accomodation, she/he will lose money after the refund. Probably won't get enough back for a (veggie) burguer.

The gig is sold out in a venue with a capacity of between 12k-15k. So perhaps about 10k-12k would be financially affected by a cancellation without any other plans than just going to a gig down the road.

Last edited:

For example - Bookish pointed out that Vanity Fair had taken a quote from this site to make a case for Morrissey being popular with incels.
And so here you are - Solo's resident thought police: Keep all the messages left wing and 'pure'. Don't give anyone any ammunition to use against Moz. Moz will be judged by his fans!
Anyone with any common sense knows that this website is a free for all of views and opinions. And those posting range from people who love Morrissey to people who loathe Morrissey, and everything in between. Most of us just post what we like. We're not interested in how what we post might be perceived by anyone else, or some crazy journalist who might be perusing Moz Solo for writing a hit piece on Moz. Some journalists will always lie. That's a given.

I've been vocal on here about my disappointment over some of those same things. I've complained about Paul Joseph Watson so much, Malarkey thinks I'm his publicist.

Don't get me wrong, I'm concerned too. Morrissey cancelling concerts is one thing (and familiar), but to cancel them at the rate he's been going at is getting out of hand. He may not have a touring future. I do hope he has a recording future, though. You and I both agree, the past ten years have been his poorest material, or at least: the lows have outpaced the highs. But he does still have excellent songs in him, and his voice is undiminished. A new producer and new collaborators are not out of the question. His antiquated attachment to record labels and spinning discs might mean that self-release is off the table, but even if he only gives us a great album(s) posthumously, that would be enough.
Now we’re speaking the same language.

Yes, but I doubt Aubrey is one of the biggest culprits.

I wonder if he's missing Alain,Boz and Gary.
When i listen back to concerts from their era the quality compared to the sound of the latest line up is far superior.
I'm pretty sure that if he can get at least Alain and Boz back on board then all these issues will dissapear.
I do hope hes trying to get them all back together.

I have to ask myself why I'm so invested in this in the first place??I'm on the other side of the world and had no intention of going to these shows. But what is it about Morrissey that makes an otherwise rational and fulfilled person(me :ROFLMAO:) turn into an obsessive ? This has ruined my day, my family thinks I'm crazy.
Welcome to the world of Morrissey. We are all caught up in the drama. Or watching a car crash - you can't look but you can't look away either.
There is an escape route for him though. You don't have to be Houdini to see that he just needs to get those new albums out there. Let the songs speak for themselves. It's what he's always been about ultimately. The songs. The singing voice.
Oh God, even if one of those songs is Notre Damn it, Janet!

Looking Let Me Think GIF by TipsyElves.com

Gallagher: “Cancelled a load of gigs and then saw him down the boozer and said ‘thought you were ill’ and he went ‘and yet here I am’….” And then chase forward a few years and he’s barking on to that journalistic fuzzy haired druid “I wasn’t made by the record companies, I was made by the people”

I wonder if he's missing Alain,Boz and Gary.
When i listen back to concerts from their era the quality compared to the sound of the latest line up is far superior.
I'm pretty sure that if he can get at least Alain and Boz back on board then all these issues will dissapear.
I do hope hes trying to get them all back together.
His money has enabled him to surround himself with yes-men. "Great idea, Moz".

Nobody, including tour managers and guitarists, can say to him that what he's doing is a bad idea because he's paying them to agree with him, and in this cloistered bubble, his world turns to shit, because nobody tells him it's all going to shit, and they can't understand why people are not paying to see him or buy his records anymore.

That's why he is where he is now. Because he thinks he's right all the time. And one of the reasons he thinks he's right all the time is because no-one's telling him he's wrong.

And look where it's got him.

I think we're at the stage right now where any apology would seem cynical, in the same way he gave money to Love Music Hate Racism. It's a calculated business decision.

All musicians ride the sine wave of popularity - the dizzying steep climb, the period at the summit, and, inevitably, the roller-coaster back down. I'm not particularly sad that he's become unpopular because he's said an awful lot of stuff I find abhorrent - it's the fact that thousands and thousands and thousands of others said "Ok, that's enough" and walked off. He's had the right to say and do what he wants, but what he says and does have consequences for where he thinks he's entitled to belong - eternally at the top of the tree.

Well, it's over, and I'm struggling to see a way back, other than the one thing that everyone wants, would catapult him back into the stratosphere, and make him a ton of money. I guess we'll have to wait to see how stubborn he and Johnny are at this point. Because Johnny certainly doesn't need it right now.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom