Boy Racer and Best Friend alternates. Not the ones we have heard on Miraval?

Nice job on the bragging, I hope it felt good. I'm sure those of us who have such reference discs don't appreciate the fact that photos of their existence are shared publicly...

Re: Boy Racer and Best Friend alternates. Not the ones we have heard on Miraval???

Being as I'm engaged to the person who not only leaked the audio of the Hollywood Bowl, but the DVD of it as well (in the face of possible legal action from Warner Music Group and Morrissey), NO, I don't understand.
Being both of us are friends of the person who leaked the long awaited 'Kit', NO, I don't understand.

That's quite an admission to make in a public forum. It's a good thing that you don't have any personally-identifiable information on this site.

No, no...I get it. I'm just not impressed and don't give a f***.

you don't give a f*** but you had to find an image to quote him and then, still not impressed and still not giving f***, you came back to make sure you read through the most recent posts and make it clear to the world that not only you don't give a f*** you're also not impressed.

which is funny since you seem to be so impressed by your fiance leaking a dvd that has been on ebay a few times so it was obviously a matter of time until it leaked. you're also so impressed by the fact that you're friends with whoever leaked the chopped up, distorted, edited, heavily downgraded version of Kit. Tell your hero thanks very much.

you don't give a f*** but you had to find an image to quote him and then, still not impressed and still not giving f***, you came back to make sure you read through the most recent posts and make it clear to the world that not only you don't give a f*** you're also not impressed.

which is funny since you seem to be so impressed by your fiance leaking a dvd that has been on ebay a few times so it was obviously a matter of time until it leaked. you're also so impressed by the fact that you're friends with whoever leaked the chopped up, distorted, edited, heavily downgraded version of Kit. Tell your hero thanks very much.

Point to the part of NotHappyNotSad's post where she expresses hero worship for the individual who leaked Kit. She merely said that she and her fiance knew the individual. The hyperbole is yours, not hers.

"It was only a matter of time before it leaked." Yeah, no shit. And Viva Hate was the one who finally leaked it, at risk to himself legally. The point being, as explained by Viva Hate via the message she posted from him, that someone had to do it for the benefit of the larger fan community who either-

a) could not afford to pay the exorbitant fee on eBay for an unofficial item that nobody had a right to profit off of to begin with, or

b) had great interest in the concert but could not justify paying such a high price for it to some assclown on eBay.

NotHappyNotSad wasn't asking anyone to bow down and worship her fiance, she was stating a FACT, plain and simple, saying that her fiance leaked it and even that was merely being said in response to another poster waxing nauseatingly about how ethically wrong it would be to betray the confidence of an individual who gave you access to rare material. The fact of the matter is that this mentality posing as loyalty and integrity is actually intense hubris and greed making excuses for itself, which is why NHNS made a point of saying that her own fiance leaked the Hollywood Bowl DVD, and her friend leaked the Kit snippet, and she thought no less of either of them because they did the right thing for the fans.

As for your snide ungratefulness about the quality of the Kit leak, most leaked rarities are not presented in their full glory. True fans will be happy with anything they are allowed to hear even if the quality is poor. Sure, the Kit that was put up here is not the best sounding leak we've ever had but it was a huge long-awaited revelation nonetheless and many people were grateful for it and loved it.

Lastly, embedding an image in a post to make a larger point does not imply that someone gives a huge shit. It just means that they know how to embed an image in a post. If these things seem daunting to you, or imply a greater investment in the topic at hand, well...you're dumb.

Can someone just post these alternative versions and end this f***ing ridiculous arguing?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Viva Hate only leaked the Hollywood Bowl audio, did he? The full DVD surfaced on smithstorrents first!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Viva Hate only leaked the Hollywood Bowl audio, did he? The full DVD surfaced on smithstorrents first!

Viva leaked both audio and video. He DID NOT leak the DVD9 of the Hollywood Bowl (which is a full, lossless DVD rip), but rather an MKV file that someone decided would be a good idea to chop into two pieces and then convert into AVI...that version is the one that was originally posted on Smithstorrents. However, that version did not surface on Smithstorrents first...then again, it didn't surface on Solo first either. It originally appeared on Dimeadozen.

Sorry honey, these cds cost way too much to just give them away for nothing. Unlike nothappynot sad, the "glory" of being famous on this website is simply not enough.

-Ms VG

You're such a phony idiot. Nothing has ever been done for "glory" or "being famous". It was done because, once upon a time before you idiots came along, that is what people did on this site. They actively shared bootlegs and rarities because this was a community who cared more about sharing with other fans than they did rubbing it in what they have that you'll never have.

Mikael..while youa re at it, please leak the Wolverhampton 88 DVD as well..thanks!

Not being a collector, forgive the questions but they are genuine.

For the collectors I'm really interested to know

a) why do you collect?
b) what do you do with your collection?

I'm trying to understand the appeal of collecting and why collections are so fiercely guarded. Thanks.

You're such a phony idiot. Nothing has ever been done for "glory" or "being famous". It was done because, once upon a time before you idiots came along, that is what people did on this site. They actively shared bootlegs and rarities because this was a community who cared more about sharing with other fans than they did rubbing it in what they have that you'll never have.

If you didn't do it for the "glory" then why keep chiming your fiances human horn about it? No one cares that it was him that leaked it, only that it leaked. Get over yourself. Why don't you go paint some "art" or something?

-Miss VGina

a) why do you collect?

If I had to guess, it involves lubricant and a small bathroom in the house they grew up in; door locked and the water running to make it sound like they are showering.

Sorry honey, these cds cost way too much to just give them away for nothing. Unlike nothappynot sad, the "glory" of being famous on this website is simply not enough.

-Ms VG

No one deserves to profit financially from this product except Morrissey and the record company, had the DVD been officially released and mass produced. It wasn't. So, the opportunists swooped in to make a buck, knowing wastes of space like you would line their pockets in exchange for something you could lord over everyone's head.

]If you didn't do it for the "glory" then why keep chiming your fiances human horn about it? No one cares that it was him that leaked it, only that it leaked. Get over yourself. Why don't you go paint some "art" or something?

-Miss VGina

Should he have posted the rip anonymously? Gone out of his way to avoid using the username he logged into to post anything else, just so that no one would be able to thank him? Such contrived assfoolery may come naturally to you, but not to everyone else. As it was, he posted the link to his rip under his Solo handle, just like he would make any other post under. Being that that post involved a huge gift to the fan community, he was thanked, and deservedly so...for the rip, the editing, the posting. Most people here were grateful and quickly accepted what he offered here. The only people this pissed off were the human fecal traces who had already paid for the thing and not shared it, so that it could go up in value or so that they could say they were special for "owning" it. His post had nothing to do with wanting anyone to suck him off. He did it to share it with others who couldn't afford it; plain and simple...obviously a foreign concept you.

Unlike chlamydia.

Skyloser, I didn't pay for it nor did I get mad when it was posted.

Clearly, if you've read any of nuthappynutsap's post, he/she/it brags about her fiance leaking the HB dvd. All. The. Time.

Can't you read? Get your nose out of her ass. You might catch chlamydia.
-MS V-Gina.

Skyloser, I didn't pay for it nor did I get mad when it was posted.

Clearly, if you've read any of nuthappynutsap's post, he/she/it brags about her fiance leaking the HB dvd. All. The. Time.

Can't you read? Get your nose out of her ass. You might catch chlamydia.
-MS V-Gina.

You can't catch it that way, dummy. How's your penis these days?

a) why do you collect?

I'm trying to understand the appeal of collecting and why collections are so fiercely guarded. Thanks.

a) why do you collect?
Me? It was a way to better understand the discography and the various nuances. In my case, I had all the main Smiths and Morrissey cds for a long time. Never did too much research, but I just assumed I had all the music available. Until about 15 years ago when I was shocked to find out there was a 7" by Vini Reilly, with a track I had never heard. So I went after that. And then I found out some original Rough Trade LPs sound better than some cds. Then I went after those. And if I bought most of the LPs, I might as well buy them all. Until I found out that I had never owned the Boy With The Thorn 12", which deprived me from knowing that Rubber Ring + Asleep sound different from the stupid cds I had. So I went for the 12" singles. And then promos. And so on. Of course, it's not like you learn too many amazing things on each release, so most of the stuff I own is the same version over and over again. But my point is, even if I owned every single officially released material in mp3 on my computer, I wouldn't know as much about the discography as I do today. And that's why collecting is important to me.

Make it bigger. So I can look at it and smile. Makes me happy to own the "entire" catalog in its original format. I'm pretty sure it's not going down in value. So if I ever get tired of it, I at least get my money back. I can have money sitting in the bank and never look at it. I just would rather have part of my money in vinyl format, spread around the house, making me smile every time I look at them.

As to why collections are so fiercely guarded, I think you refer to the reason why some collectors don't share their material and some do.
I am not part of the few who have unreleased material, but I understand and respect their decision. From what I understand, some of the material that remains unreleased could be easily traceable. Not digitally, but by the fact that only a handful of people have access to them. So when material "X" is shared with collector "Y", said collector would be killing their connections if material "X" pops up online next day.

As much as I think it would be great if we could all have unreleased material, I'm not going to be whining incessantly when people are not giving me what I want. I don't know the deal these collectors made. I wasn't there. Was part of the agreement that the material should be kept safe? Maybe because that could get other people in trouble?

As for the notion that collectors are hoarders because they don't want to devalue their stuff, I'll agree with that when someone PROVE IT with a link to an ebay auction for a Hold On To Your Friends 7" promo for less than £50. Until then, those who even suggest such thing are clearly ignorant about collecting.

SHIT, people still do this? "i've heard such and such, i won't leak it cause i burn my bridge" f*** YOU get out of here then...i can understand stephan (not sure if i spelled that name right might have gotten it wrong) having stuff and not leaking it but to the other douche bags..get off the site...i thank happynotsad's fiance for the contribution and everyone who's leaked anything over the years...shit if i had Wolverhampton show in my hands...in the next second it be leaked on here...cause i want the fans to have all these nice things and not have it all to myself like some greedy pricks on here who gloat about it..who probably never even heard.

Last edited:
a) why do you collect?
Me? It was a way to better understand the discography and the various nuances. In my case, I had all the main Smiths and Morrissey cds for a long time. Never did too much research, but I just assumed I had all the music available. Until about 15 years ago when I was shocked to find out there was a 7" by Vini Reilly, with a track I had never heard. So I went after that. And then I found out some original Rough Trade LPs sound better than some cds. Then I went after those. And if I bought most of the LPs, I might as well buy them all. Until I found out that I had never owned the Boy With The Thorn 12", which deprived me from knowing that Rubber Ring + Asleep sound different from the stupid cds I had. So I went for the 12" singles. And then promos. And so on. Of course, it's not like you learn too many amazing things on each release, so most of the stuff I own is the same version over and over again. But my point is, even if I owned every single officially released material in mp3 on my computer, I wouldn't know as much about the discography as I do today. And that's why collecting is important to me.

Make it bigger. So I can look at it and smile. Makes me happy to own the "entire" catalog in its original format. I'm pretty sure it's not going down in value. So if I ever get tired of it, I at least get my money back. I can have money sitting in the bank and never look at it. I just would rather have part of my money in vinyl format, spread around the house, making me smile every time I look at them.

As to why collections are so fiercely guarded, I think you refer to the reason why some collectors don't share their material and some do.
I am not part of the few who have unreleased material, but I understand and respect their decision. From what I understand, some of the material that remains unreleased could be easily traceable. Not digitally, but by the fact that only a handful of people have access to them. So when material "X" is shared with collector "Y", said collector would be killing their connections if material "X" pops up online next day.

As much as I think it would be great if we could all have unreleased material, I'm not going to be whining incessantly when people are not giving me what I want. I don't know the deal these collectors made. I wasn't there. Was part of the agreement that the material should be kept safe? Maybe because that could get other people in trouble?

As for the notion that collectors are hoarders because they don't want to devalue their stuff, I'll agree with that when someone PROVE IT with a link to an ebay auction for a Hold On To Your Friends 7" promo for less than £50. Until then, those who even suggest such thing are clearly ignorant about collecting.

Interesting. Thanks very much for taking the time to write out your thoughts. :)

Back
Top Bottom