can some mod explain why the Salford Lads Club is off-topic?

I posted a thread in events, then I went to General Discussion to advertise this thread because The Salford Lads Club which the lead singer of The Smiths (I know this is a Morrissey site) & the rest of his group had their picture taken outside this club & subsequently used on the inside of an l.p. (The Queen Is Dead) not a Morrissey-solo l.p. I know.

So forgive me for it not being just Morrissey related but surely anything related to The Smiths should not be moved to off-topic?

By moving this to off-topic (whichever one of you it was) obviously you feel it's not that big of a deal that some of us should try & save a Smiths iconic place for the future!

bewildered (as ever)

love

Grim

agreed it should be in general.

well I think it is a good idea, and well done to you for thinking of it.

Thank you.

Now are you coming along for the ride? Let's make this not just news-worthy but real! This can be massive if we all put the effort in eh?

love

Grim

Grim posted two threads on Events and General discussion.

It's good to generate publicity, isn't it? :D

BTW, Peter is on holiday at the moment.

Grim posted two threads on Events and General discussion.

It's good to generate publicity, isn't it? :D

BTW, Peter is on holiday at the moment.

Yes I posted a thread in events concerning the event to help save the Salford Lads Club, btw the very same event that is now also on the main page.

Because the event was about the Salford Lads Club (see my 1st post in this thread) I posted a thread in the General forum advertising the thread in events, because it would hopefully generate more traffic to the event.

A mod (not looking at you kewpie) then in their infinite wisdom thought that the Salford Lads Club event (which is now front page news) is not worthy of the general discussion page & moved it to 'off-topic' deeming its value on a par with, well just check out 'off-topic' to answer that.
It just goes to show that a certain mod (still not looking at you kewpie) think about my efforts at least to do my bit to help in saving it.

So I don't know which mod it was that moved it :) but maybe you kewpie could try & do the decent thing? You might even want to put your money where your mouth is & sponsor the event. I'll leave it with you (& your conscience).

love

Grim

Yes I posted a thread in events concerning the event to help save the Salford Lads Club, btw the very same event that is now also on the main page.

Because the event was about the Salford Lads Club (see my 1st post in this thread) I posted a thread in the General forum advertising the thread in events, because it would hopefully generate more traffic to the event.

A mod (not looking at you kewpie) then in their infinite wisdom thought that the Salford Lads Club event (which is now front page news) is not worthy of the general discussion page & moved it to 'off-topic' deeming its value on a par with, well just check out 'off-topic' to answer that.
It just goes to show that a certain mod (still not looking at you kewpie) think about my efforts at least to do my bit to help in saving it.

So I don't know which mod it was that moved it :) but maybe you kewpie could try & do the decent thing? You might even want to put your money where your mouth is & sponsor the event. I'll leave it with you (& your conscience).

love

Grim

Well good luck with that Grim, having been to the SLC quite a few times i can honestly say that the people who run it deserve a f***ing medal because they're getting zilch help from the local authorities and they need all the help you can give them.
ps:this place is becoming a joke, come back peter all is forgiven.

Back
Top Bottom