Cool quotes from that book that starts with a B

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
Matthew 16:18

I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

Our love must not be a thing of words and fine talk. It must be a thing of action and sincerity.
1 John 3:18

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22

Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your lap. For with the same measure that you measure it shall be measured to you again.
Luke 6:38

“If anyone says, 'I love God,' yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.
1 John 4:20

"Are you really my son Esau?" he asked.
"I am," he replied.
Then he said, "My son, bring me some of your game to eat, so that I may give you my blessing."
Jacob brought it to him and he ate; and he brought some wine and he drank.
Then his father Isaac said to him, "Come here, my son, and kiss me." (oh, ho, ho.)
Genesis 27

Last edited:
No one that has drunk old wine wants new; for he says, "The old is nice."
Luke 5:39

And it came to pass, when he began to reign, as soon as he sat on his throne, that he slew all the house of Baasha: he left him not one that pisseth against a wall, neither of his kinsfolks, nor of his friends. -1 Kings 16:11 KJV

This is one of, if not my absolute favorite part. It's an aspect of Jesus that is always skipped over in the little Sunday School lessons and paintings on the walls of old ladies' houses.

The part where Jesus sees the guys selling stuff at church, and He goes all apeshit, and f***s their shit up and kicks them out.

The Jesus I know is a weird mystical badass...running away from home as a kid, getting pissed and throwing over tables, having a nervous breakdown in Gethsemane, telling the Pharisees they were full of shit, making a dead kid come back to life, casting the demons out of some crazy cutter emo-dude, turning water into booze, hanging out with girls of ill-repute...

That's my Jesus! :thumb:

jesus_money.jpg

New International Version

Matthew 21:12
Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves.

:clap:

Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

Genesis 4:14

Deuteronomy 25:11-12 (Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition)

If two men have words together, and one begin to fight against the other, and the other's wife willing to deliver her husband out of the hand of the stronger, shall put forth her hand, and take him by the secrets, thou shalt cut off her hand, neither shalt thou be moved with any pity in her regard.

And now a song about hands and mens' secrets...

Last edited by a moderator:
'You wanted a recording of my voice, well here it is. What you want me to say is, 'I love you'. Well I don't. I hate you, you little slut...'

did you mean Brighton Rock?

Back
Top Bottom