Do most venues allow in camera phones?

Mr. Tibbles

I'm seeing Morrissey in Dallas Friday night at the Palladium Ballroom. Ticketmaster says "no cameras." I have a camera on my Blackberry - think they'll make me leave it in the car?

I saw plenty of camera phones in Ann Arbor and Indianapolis. I think anything that size is pretty safe.

Although both venues said no photos, the only time I saw it enforced was in Indianapolis when one girl with a serious camera was taking shots late into the show. Normally, the pros get to come down front and can shoot for the first couple songs. Then they have to leave. This girl had what looked like credentials on her backpack but she was shooting from one of the seats, not stage-front where you normally see the photographers. She was eventually spotted by one of Morrissey's crew - the big guy with glasses - and told to stop. Otherwise, security made no effort to stop people from taking shots with phones, cameras or anything else.

I saw plenty of camera phones in Ann Arbor and Indianapolis. I think anything that size is pretty safe.

Although both venues said no photos, the only time I saw it enforced was in Indianapolis when one girl with a serious camera was taking shots late into the show. Normally, the pros get to come down front and can shoot for the first couple songs. Then they have to leave. This girl had what looked like credentials on her backpack but she was shooting from one of the seats, not stage-front where you normally see the photographers. She was eventually spotted by one of Morrissey's crew - the big guy with glasses - and told to stop. Otherwise, security made no effort to stop people from taking shots with phones, cameras or anything else.

in indy i saw somebody shooting video like two feet from morrisseys face he looked at the camera and made an odd face...

I took quite a few blurry photos in Ann Arbor myself with my camera phone. In fact the lady next to me got a stern warning from venue security which frightened me into putting away my own phone. :o

I took lots of pics tonight with my phone...have yet to see how they turned out...no one said a word to me.

Back
Top Bottom