dianadors.jpg
Diana Dors

_341680_brigitte_bardot150.jpg
Bridgett Bardot

nancy-winsome.jpg
Nancy Sinatra

dianadors.jpg
Diana Dors

Blond women are the archetypical "glamour girls" in our culture. It's like the default "pretty." He seems drawn to archetypes (boxer, gangster, glamour girl) so they would naturally (well, unnaturally) be blond. How many redheaded bombshells can you name? Rita Hayworth, Jessica Rabbit...?

It's interesting to note that the female artists he truly admires (Shelagh Delaney, Anne Sexton, Kristeen Young) are not blondes.

I'm also slightly freaked out every time I see a photo of Nancy Sinatra from the 60s. She looks very much like my mother in law. And my father in law looked just like Vince Taylor in the preshow videos. Makes the whole Morrissey experience a little too close to happy-family-around-the-Thanksgiving-table. But I'll forgive him. That's not his fault.

Anna Magnani
Rita Tushington
Sandie Shaw

not blondes :)

Oh, and he truly admires Diana Dors and Nancy as artists. It's not just how they look.

Anna Magnani
Rita Tushington
Sandie Shaw

Oh, and he truly admires Diana Dors and Nancy as artists. It's not just how they look.

Ah, I'll give you that... I think I just revealed my bias for the literary, didn't I? But then the original post was a faulty observation. Mchic said, "here are three blondes he likes" and we were quickly able to point to six more female artists who are not blonde... so in typical Solo fashion, the question should be, "Why does Moz like brunettes better than blondes?"

Or not. It would be more interesting to look for other connections and see what all those women have in common that interests him.

Those are gorgeous women, and still would be if they were brunette..
Maybe thats just me trying to make myself feel better.
Please lets side step the jokes here..

Vivian Leigh?
Wasnt our Stevie bothered about her?
Leighlo.jpg

Maybe he has a thing for beauty.

But lets remember,James Dean...
BeenthereDeanthat-1.jpg

:rolleyes:
Reminds me of a certain someone who had a thing for blonde hair, blue eyes..
badboy.jpg

Yes this is an excuse to post pictures of Bosie.x

Anna Magnani
Rita Tushington
Sandie Shaw

Yep, Linder isn't blonde either.

However, he was seen with a blonde woman at last year's New York Dolls gig in Dublin. :p

Hell, I just hope he has a thing for WOMEN :p (we can change our hair color! LOL)

..."there never was one"... waahhhh! :(

Hell, I just hope he has a thing for WOMEN :p (we can change our hair color! LOL)

..."there never was one"... waahhhh! :(

Haha! Good call. Thats why threads like these and the Parisian Barmaid get my hopes up. Maybe, just maybe...

Haha! Good call. Thats why threads like these and the Parisian Barmaid get my hopes up. Maybe, just maybe...

when i saw this on the topic list, i read it as "Does Moz have a thing for.....skinner".

steve mcqueen.

was bobby moore blond or ginger????

when i saw this on the topic list, i read it as "Does Moz have a thing for.....skinner".

:D Why thank you!!! That means so much to me. Even though if that were the question his answer would be a very loud NO!" But hey, a girl (and apparently you explory) can dream :p

Does Moz have a thing for blonds?

Nope :p

Back
Top Bottom