Echo & The Bunnymen - Manchester's Ritz, Tuesday 13th October

Re: Echo & The Bunnymen - Manchester's Ritz, Thurs 13th October

Count me in on this one:thumb:

excellent choice Sir:lbf:

Swerve Manchester, It's all about the two nights they're doing at the Liverpool 02 academy in December. Both already sold out of course but I'll get me tickets :thumb:

Swerve Manchester, It's all about the two nights they're doing at the Liverpool 02 academy in December. Both already sold out of course but I'll get me tickets :thumb:

I did the Academy in 2005 and 2007.....Xmas with the Bunnymen.... has a Gary Glitter feel about it.......:eek: need a change of scenery.....
The Ritz will be perfect...... get that floor springing:rock:

Jukebox Jury

I loved the Bunnymen in my college years but haven't really kept with them since then (Killing Moon is still in my all time top 10).

Can any of you recommend anything I should listen to since the Ocean Rain era?

got my tixs for manchester!!!! its been too long since they played the ritz

I loved the Bunnymen in my college years but haven't really kept with them since then (Killing Moon is still in my all time top 10).

Can any of you recommend anything I should listen to since the Ocean Rain era?

Their last album 'Siberia' was very, very good.
The lead song was 'Stormy Weather'

got my tixs for manchester!!!! its been too long since they played the ritz

Got mine today too. Have they played The Ritz before? There was a benefit gig a year or two ago where MacCulloch and Sargeant played with others (and I bloody missed it:mad:) but don't know of a Bunnymen gig there?:confused:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited by a moderator:
Great band , shame non in Newcastle area , last seen them at the Evolution out door gigs on the Quayside
Porcupine :guitar:

They were excellent at Glastonbury this year performing Ocean Rain with the orchestra, not many there either with the masses watching Blur. Always top VFM are the Bunnymen.

Love them - I can't make Manchester too little holiday left thanks to Morrissey dates - but I'll find you in Brum, Oxford and Liverpool.

I did the Academy in 2005 and 2007.....Xmas with the Bunnymen.... has a Gary Glitter feel about it.......:eek: need a change of scenery.....
The Ritz will be perfect...... get that floor springing:rock:

Jukebox Jury

Nah you're mistaken, there might be a slight Gary Glitter feel to Academy two, but the bigger room; Academy one has a definite non-GG feel. The Bunnymen will be great there, but I may even consider attending the Ritz gig too. The more the merrier. :guitar:

Last edited:
Hmm, I might come over for this gig actually.
It is the day after my birthday so I shall have a bit more cash to flash.

Love PTxx.

Nah you're mistaken, there might be a slight Gary Glitter feel to Academy two, but the bigger room; Academy one has a definite non-GG feel. The Bunnymen will be great there, but I may even consider attending the Ritz gig too. The more the merrier. :guitar:

What I meant by the GG feel, is GG always played a Xmas tour, never the rest of the year (he had ''other things on his agenda'' the rest of the year:mad:).
So it seems each December (or every other December), a week before Chrimbo, the Bunnymen play the Academy in Liverpool:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

What I meant by the GG feel, is GG always played a Xmas tour, never the rest of the year (he had ''other things on his agenda'' the rest of the year:mad:).
So it seems each December (or every other December), a week before Chrimbo, the Bunnymen play the Academy in Liverpool:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

Ah, by Gary Glitter I thought you meant the place had a generally dodgy feel to it. :o Thank Christ I never got to see a Dirty Glitter gig. :sick: But a home town Bunnymen gig at Christmas, what could be better :guitar:

Last edited:
I have two spare tickets for this gig (usual stuff, a mate asks me to buy tickets, then bails out before he has paid me for them:mad:)

So if anyone is interested - £25 face value, send me a pm.

Jukebox Jury

I was at Wolves last night the support Exit Calm are worth getting in early to see (but you lot probably know already).

I wont tell you about the Bunnymen or give you setlist spoiler.

Exit Calm are just ok. there is nothing special, nothing new, nothing exciting. just plain, shame really they could be good if they had a "noel gallagher" boss.
well worth seeing the bunnymen this tour. they played 3 songs and the other 17 were all classics.
the usual killing moon, cutter, lips like sugar, rescue etc.
then the fan stuff silver, going up etc.
also a few covers got a rare outing roadhouse blues (doors) & walk on the wild side (reed) was nicely mixed with nothing lasts forever along with midnight hour (picket). great night! catch them whilst you can, also try requesting the puppet!

Yes it was a great night, the Bunnymen were on top form and sounded fantastic.Particularly enjoyed The Cutter and Villiers Terrace. It was hilarious when Mac turned on that guy who had been requesting The Puppet all night and said we haven't played it in 30 years and we're not gonna start playing it now so just SHUT UP! Everyone cheered.Apart from that comment it was hard to work out much of what he mumbled in between songs, and that was standing at the front! New single sounded good too.

Back
Top Bottom