Fiona Dodwell: “Truth-Tellers Silenced” (December 29, 2023)

Another day, another Fiona piece…

Some nice new photos by Ryan Lowry included:
A8A5E590-29AF-4E62-A112-240AC919E80E.jpeg
CB86CEFB-F275-4E63-B945-5D7348C831CE.jpeg

Second photo from Fiona Dodwell tweet (link posted by Famous when dead):

UPDATE Dec. 31:

Slightly different color version posted by Juan / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead (original post):

full

Last edited by a moderator:
On TwitterX, 79 users currently like FiDo's enlightening post and 10 comment, only one of which is critical.

usual suspects slashing their wrists everytime fee posts something,if you dont like her which most of you dont then dont read a word of anything she writes.
I think many Morrissey fans still value integrity—and are happier to see career missteps represented as such. And not recovered for selfish, world class, arse-licking exercises.

Nobody expects Morrissey to be perfect. But few believe that fawning celebrations of his flaws will assist in returning him to greatness: it risks doing the opposite.

Fiona has me recalling the Aesop fable, The Ass & the Lap Dog—where the donkey sees the master enjoying the attention of a dog, and then (in a jealous effort to get a stroke) near kills him with a clumsy and stupid copy of the dog’s attentive behaviours.

the old high street outlet for buying magazines has moved to supermarkets,you can buy every magazine under the sun in tesco these days.there isnt the demand for musc magazines anymore,why pay over the odds for a mag when you can read most of the content online.

Used to....my local Tesco superstore more than halved what they stock. I used to have 5 music mag subscriptions. Just cancelled my last one.

To be honest I don’t even think the photos are anything to shout about either.
Its all so yesterday in my view. Clinging to a format that worked for him in the past but on a very tight budget.
So wished for the hilarious Xmas lunatic video messages of the past :rofl:
Sad really (and yet very funny also. Poor Ste Mo bless him)

Benny 🇬🇧 :knife:

While his career has clearly suffered because of his views on mass immigration, for example, there is a way out of this for him. Buy back Bonfire and release it himself.
My worry is that there is a whiff of burning martyr about this stance. Is this the way he wants to end his career? In some sort of Wildean exile, drifting like a ghost from hotel to hotel, pining for past glories?

While his career has clearly suffered because of his views on mass immigration, for example, there is a way out of this for him. Buy back Bonfire and release it himself.
My worry is that there is a whiff of burning martyr about this stance. Is this the way he wants to end his career? In some sort of Wildean exile, drifting like a ghost from hotel to hotel, pining for past glories?

I would say yes. “It’s my life to destroy my own way,” as he keeps singing lately.

Bloody awful piece. Sections of it could have been written by Morrissey himself. There is no great conspiracy to 'silence' him, he's just not worth the trouble for labels to deal with. Morrissey has fallen out with virtually everyone he has been professionally involved with (and possibly personally involved with) since the beginning of The Smiths. They can't all be at fault. Fiona states that the press has never supported talent. That is utter rubbish. To name but one, Johnny Marr gets great press and his talent is lauded and celebrated from pillar to post and I'm pretty sure he was also in The Smiths. There's no conspiracy, big or small, to silence or to 'do' Morrissey or to finish him. He's simply his own worst enemy.

An ‘essay’ about Morrissey’s suppression, and the gagging of his ‘truth’, sounds a little hollow after a tour chock-a-block with cancellations. And the porkies surrounding the Bonfire release.

I’d suggest any writing about truth and censorship should begin with the author being upfront and honest with their audience.
I get the impression, having never spoken to him (!), that Morrissey's response to events is emotional rather than logical. I bet he thinks he is telling the truth. He seems to latch on to certain aspects of a situation and disregard the rest. His cv does not show thinking skills as a strength, despite the fact that he allegedly had the intelligence to pass General Paper (alternative) O level (I knew a lot of high flyers who failed it).

Bloody awful piece. Sections of it could have been written by Morrissey himself. There is no great conspiracy to 'silence' him, he's just not worth the trouble for labels to deal with. Morrissey has fallen out with virtually everyone he has been professionally involved with (and possibly personally involved with) since the beginning of The Smiths. They can't all be at fault. Fiona states that the press has never supported talent. That is utter rubbish. To name but one, Johnny Marr gets great press and his talent is lauded and celebrated from pillar to post and I'm pretty sure he was also in The Smiths. There's no conspiracy, big or small, to silence or to 'do' Morrissey or to finish him. He's simply his own worst enemy.
I think you're right. This part in particular:

Society will become number and dumber…perhaps this is what those in power want? Surely there is no easier way to create an obedient society than to shun those with something intelligent to say. Heaven forbid we are allowed to think.

"number and dumber" has Morrissey's fingerprints all over it, and judging by Dudwell's previous output is beyond her capabilities. Does he email her some half-finished ramblings and it's her job to polish them up a bit? The whole thing is beyond bizarre.

I wonder who has silenced The Truthteller on talking about the conflict in Israel and Palestine? Not a dicky bird from him. Bizarre from some one who has spoken and sung about his great love for Israel.*

*Disclaimer - I never read the article.

Look at the people who have liked/retweeted/commented on her “article” - a f***ing brain-dead mob of Mozi-zombies. They literally worship Morrissey. Such a weird, insular world. People slag this place off… Morrissey fans on Twitter are an embarrassment.
Speaking of which, I saw on FiDo’s Twitter that she is now pals with Nerak. Christ. A sparkly Christmas with lots of books? Probably the same bumper Disney Special Princess Colouring & Sticker Book Pack my 7 year old niece got.
IMG_9549.jpeg

Last edited:
Look at the people who have liked/retweeted/commented on her “article” - a f***ing brain-dead mob of Mozi-zombies. They literally worship Morrissey. Such a weird, insular world. People slag this place off… Morrissey fans on Twitter are an embarrassment.
Speaking of which, I saw on FiDo’s Twitter that she is now pals with Nerak. Christ. A sparkly Christmas with lots of books? Probably the same bumper Disney Special Princess Colouring & Sticker Book Pack my 7 year old niece got.
View attachment 99326
hahahahaha,you are ridiculous,would you have posted this if they were all negative comments.

He probably would be in a good financial decision to buy back Bonfire if he didn't cancel half of his tour dates.

View attachment 99326

Very sparkly? Could it be a dress!?

View attachment 99326
Oh, that is desperate. Desperate.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom