Fiona Dodwell: "The Mythology Of Morrissey" (November 16, 2021)

1_-bn_g7an3bTH58zeZszaQA.jpeg

The evolution of an artist who became the most misunderstood and misrepresented icon of our time.

Last edited by a moderator:
oops :D
I mean as a general rule when it comes to Dodwell, but when she just repeats the same thing over again elsewhere then yeah, it's just spam.
🧑‍🏫

As a general rule you can't 🏄‍♂️ in Manchester but you
can always hook up to hookys canoe in Tatton Park

🔨

This photo is too attractive. It hurts. In a good way.

😶

you have to factor in that none of these surfboards are rocket scientists/they have almost no intelligence and have next to none
language skills. they babble pap regularly.🤒
it is what it is. they wouldnt have figured out what was
going on in 1992, they would have to read NME or some
such cuck publication to 'inform' themselves and then
🦜it out:hammer:
I come here for the irony.

Does anyone really read this stuff? I love that she defends him, but at some point it becomes very bias when it's been your 10th article. It's obvious she writes this stuff because she seeks Moz approval (fair enough). Who am I to tell her to stop. Write away Fiona and never let anyone or anything stop you!

I was loyal enough for a long time, regarding everything that happened around Morrissey until the end of 2017. Was even a happy visitor to the ARTE concert in Berlin in October 2017 (see me smiling in the back). Have happily put all the records since 2009 down as "Quite OK". Reggae is vile, Bengalis, Madstock, some Chinese are cruel: I don't care after all.

But when the aforementioned Spiegel interview was first published in my mother language and in it, the star in the ivory tower wants to give his opinion on everything he is asked about and what he is not asked about, I didn't like it at all.

The creeping distance from his main audience and the blatant radicalisation of his media persona were hard to take. His defiant behaviour with regard to stickers and Ms Waters, unfortunately, even with a lot of goodwill, cannot be nodded off (by me).

The cloak of animal protection should not prevent people from judging in a more differentiated way.

I am annoyed with Morrissey above all for his own disastrous public relations, which have fallen into an all-time low because of the wrong people (person) handling Central.

And I dont want to develop aversions against @Nerak or @Thewlis because they see things in a different way. It must be possible to discuss the current bad state of his career without accusations.
Maybe not for the same reasons but that interview, his denial of what he said, and the proof he said it had a similar effect. Enough is enough. But if the records are going to be as good as Dog I'll ignore the personal part. I don't care that much about him as a person anyway.

Maybe not for the same reasons but that interview, his denial of what he said, and the proof he said it had a similar effect. Enough is enough. But if the records are going to be as good as Dog I'll ignore the personal part. I don't care that much about him as a person anyway.
The release of that audio recording was the most disappointing aspect for me. I'm quite happy for Morrissey to have different views than me on various subjects, but I wish he'd at least be honest about this stuff, and do less ducking and diving and trying to blame other people when his own words get him in trouble. It's the same with all this COVID stuff recently - loads of coy references and shares from anti-vax sources, but he won't actually come out and nail his colors to the mast. His reputation is already shot - at this stage he might as well just say what he wants, and to hell with it.

Does anyone really read this stuff? I love that she defends him, but at some point it becomes very bias when it's been your 10th article. It's obvious she writes this stuff because she seeks Moz approval (fair enough). Who am I to tell her to stop. Write away Fiona and never let anyone or anything stop you!
one day, maybe on her 88th article about morrissey, she'll realize that it got her nowhere, and only served to make her look like a joke. sort of like light housework after her 50th portrait of luis. what is wrong with women thinking that obsessive output will win you a mans love?

The release of that audio recording was the most disappointing aspect for me. I'm quite happy for Morrissey to have different views than me on various subjects, but I wish he'd at least be honest about this stuff, and do less ducking and diving and trying to blame other people when his own words get him in trouble. It's the same with all this COVID stuff recently - loads of coy references and shares from anti-vax sources, but he won't actually come out and nail his colors to the mast. His reputation is already shot - at this stage he might as well just say what he wants, and to hell with it.

But he obviously doesn't have fixed views on these subjects - that's what his complaint was about. That Spiegel pretended speculation was a judgement... & if he was that fussed about anti-vaxx, he'd say.

one day, maybe on her 88th article about morrissey, she'll realize that it got her nowhere, and only served to make her look like a joke. sort of like light housework after her 50th portrait of luis. what is wrong with women thinking that obsessive output will win you a mans love?
"What have girls to offer (anyway)? Nothing but a mangled jungle of tangled hair presented as the jackpot payoff. Honeypots sprawled like open graves, their owners doing nothing at all other than letting you."

Morrissey prefers, if at all, to have cultivated conversations with attractive men about first pressings by the artist of the century, Sasha Distel, rather than with euphoric women as fans.

Last edited:
Dog? Come on, must try harder. Whyte will put it right.

I’ve seen on (or via) The Star and Garter’s website that Alain is playing there with Spencer, Gannon and Day next April. Does anyone know any more? If this is indeed the case, you’d imagine it’s part of a tour (given the distance most of the band are travelling)?

I’ve seen on (or via) The Star and Garter’s website that Alain is playing there with Spencer, Gannon and Day next April. Does anyone know any more? If this is indeed the case, you’d imagine it’s part of a tour (given the distance most of the band are travelling)?

They could replace the Bluetones guy. He's had a brutal cancellation. I thought that was going to happen to Morrissey - venues, booking agents, collaborators, festivals; dropped & denounced. But it didn't.

They could replace the Bluetones guy. He's had a brutal cancellation. I thought that was going to happen to Morrissey - venues, booking agents, collaborators, festivals; dropped & denounced. But it didn't.
Blimey. What’s he done, now? He was lumped together with Morrissey in the late 90s as I remember.

Promiscuity is such a lonely word.
Everyone is so untrue.
Promiscuity is hardly ever heard
And mostly what you want me to do.

Blimey. What’s he done, now? He was lumped together with Morrissey in the late 90s as I remember.

His ex-wife published a blog post accusing him of being a lying, cheating, gaslighting, coercive, aggressive scumbag who strangled her.

Hours later his career appears to be over.

20211119_124931.jpg

20211119_130945.jpg

20211119_124857.jpg

His ex-wife published a blog post accusing him of being a lying, cheating, gaslighting, coercive, aggressive scumbag who strangled her.

Hours later his career appears to be over.

View attachment 77698

View attachment 77700

View attachment 77701
Blimey, I can’t keep up.

Mark E Smith struck his partner—and on stage. And Shaun Ryder hit Rowetta. So perhaps it’s not curtains, as the former both seemed to recover.

But as Shed Seven are trying to slide back up the greasy pole, I’d imagine they couldn’t cancel him fast enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the rescheduled Mozarmy Meet from 2020.
Alain started his stay-at-home sessions as he couldn't attend as planned.
Whether they'll still attend will probably become clearer closer to the time.
Regards,
FWD.

That's the rescheduled Mozarmy Meet from 2020.
Alain started his stay-at-home sessions as he couldn't attend as planned.
Whether they'll still attend will probably become clearer closer to the time.
Regards,
FWD.
Thanks.

Blimey, I can’t keep up.

Mark E Smith struck his partner—and on stage. And Shaun Ryder hit Rowetta. So perhaps it’s not curtains.

But as Shed Seven are trying to slide back up the greasy pole, I’d imagine they couldn’t cancel him fast enough.

It's all getting a bit...

And when the Palmist said:
"One Thursday you will be dead"
I said "No, not me, this cannot be,
Dear God, take him, take them, take anyone
The stillborn,
The newborn
The infirmed,
Take anyone
Take people from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Just spare me!"

Tags