Getting Banned

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
My doctor asked me today if I was interested in thinking about the lap band. :straightface: I know I'm a chubscout, i don't even TRY dieting, but sticking a belt on my stomach seems like an idiotic, invasive alternative to learning some self control. I'm sure for some it's a great solution but not for me. I wonder if he gets a lap band kick back?

My doctor asked me today if I was interested in thinking about the lap band. :straightface: I know I'm a chubscout, i don't even TRY dieting, but sticking a belt on my stomach seems like an idiotic, invasive alternative to learning some self control. I'm sure for some it's a great solution but not for me. I wonder if he gets a lap band kick back?

I'm pretty sure all of my doctors are on that same kick-back program. :mad:

My aunt had it but she had a lot of complications and had to have it removed. On the other hand it's helped quite a few people.

I think it's interesting that it reverses type 2 diabetes by diminishing the surface area of absorption and quelling insulin resistence or whatever. I do know that I can never get that flippin' song out of my head..."Let your new life begin call one eight hundred get slim!!!" :rolleyes:

It helped at least one person I know of..But if you don't how to eat properly what's the point..You are just going to put it back on anyways once you have it removed. :straightface:

article-1077696-021CB4C8000005DC-999_468x344.jpg

It helped at least one person I know of..But if you don't how to eat properly what's the point..You are just going to put it back on anyways once you have it removed. :straightface:

article-1077696-021CB4C8000005DC-999_468x344.jpg

Don't they leave it on forever? I put the kabosh on the conversation about it today saying I'd rather change my eating habits.

Actually you may be right. She had it removed.

I read a book called "Eat To Live" recommended by a member of solo and started seriously following the program at the begining of the year. Its amazing how much weight you can lose when you eat healthy and exercise :thumb:

Don't they leave it on forever? I put the kabosh on the conversation about it today saying I'd rather change my eating habits.

Actually you may be right. She had it removed.

I read a book called "Eat To Live" recommended by a member of solo and started seriously following the program at the begining of the year. Its amazing how much weight you can lose when you eat healthy and exercise :thumb:

Meh. I need to do something. I eat my stress. Sorting out being nuts = lots of candy and chips. :o

I'm a snacker but instead of chips and pretzels I now eat fruits and vegetables.

I'll look at the book you recommend, thank you. White cover, bright green sans-serif font stacked, right? Maybe one word is orange? (I used to work in a bookstore, I think that was a best seller for years if I recall.:p)

BLUE with knock out letters, I was close. :p

Eat2Live.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Live-Revo..._1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265312159&sr=8-1#noop

Yeah..here is the link..I saw Dr. Furhman speak at a Whole Foods near me last month and it was pretty inspiring.

There is a trendy diet called medifast that I've been reading about a lot lately that seems to be quite sucessful for people but its mainly pre-packaged foods and while it works, I don't feel it would last longer than changing you diet habits with food you can buy at the grocery store.

I'll look at the book you recommend, thank you. White cover, bright green sans-serif font stacked, right? Maybe one word is orange? (I used to work in a bookstore, I think that was a best seller for years if I recall.:p)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Live-Revo..._1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265312159&sr=8-1#noop

Yeah..here is the link..I saw Dr. Furhman speak at a Whole Foods near me last month and it was pretty inspiring.

There is a trendy diet called medifast that I've been reading about a lot lately that seems to be quite sucessful for people but its mainly pre-packaged foods and while it works, I don't feel it would last longer than changing you diet habits with food you can buy at the grocery store.

Which Whole Foods? If the book is sold in and endorsed by WFM I am more than willing to give this plan a shot. It's so hard though working in the damn bakery 4 days a week. A bakery that shares counter space with a fresh pizza station. I walk by the brick oven dozens of times per shift :(

Also, how is this book for those who don't eat meat? yes I do still eat fish but no meat other than that anymore. I did lose weight on south beach about 2 years ago but most of what they offer in meal ideas etc can include meats bc there is no sugar in meat...silly.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
They just opened one in Plymouth Meeting a few weeks ago and he was a guest lecturer. I can imagine how difficult it is to lose wait working in the food industy. Its difficult when someone brings in free donuts, more less having that shit around you all the time.

Which Whole Foods? If the book is sold in and endorsed by WFM I am more than willing to give this plan a shot. It's so hard though working in the damn bakery 4 days a week. A bakery that shares counter space with a fresh pizza station. I walk by the brick oven dozens of times per shift :(

They just opened one in Plymouth Meeting a few weeks ago and he was a guest lecturer. I can imagine how difficult it is to lose wait working in the food industy. Its difficult when someone brings in free donuts, more less having that shit around you all the time.

Shut up, that's the store I work at. We have had a few authors in since the store opened but so far the only one that has been there while I was working was a woman. Damn! I wish I knew what the deal was a few weeks ago.

Anyway if you come back, check out the bakery and see if I'm there. Say hi and I'll give you free stuff :)

Might I suggest the diet coke? :thumb:

I switched to water, though over the last few days I've had a few Cokes. :( When I paint I've always had a can of soda next to me, it's like with some people smoking and parties go hand in hand, painting and caffeine do it for me. I can break that though, that's just me rationalizing that artistry is fueled by caffeine.

Tags
dr quinn hoveround
Back
Top Bottom