Hollywood, FL - Hard Rock Live (Oct. 8, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / Girlfriend In A Coma / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Notre-Dame / Half A Person / Let Me Kiss You / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of lalocurto / setlist.fm.

Last edited:
I've reached the stage where I never want to hear 'Every Day is Like Quando' again, no matter how long I live. Let it rest, please Morrissey.
It is really annoying

Ouch - fun with 'the list' again? :squiffy:
No surprise to see it’s those two again. Trina and Brad.
Setlist is stagnant
Even the backdrop is the same.
It’s oh so fooking lazy
I wouldn’t say I’m disappointed, but I’m slightly disappointed.

First, I'm a huge Morrissey fan and I will ALWAYS go to see I'm when he tours. But can "40 years of Morrissey" really be summed up in 18-21 songs? Paul McCartney, in his 80s and vegan, performs for more than 2 hours and 36 songs. Why does Morrissey short change his fans?

11 out of 19 songs were in heavy rotation for his 2022 tour. It’s not an awful setlist…a bit of a plod in the middle though. But with over 200 songs in a catalogue, there are so many gems he could perform. Not sure if it’s laziness, complacency or if the band just isn’t up to snuff.
Certainly not a true reflection of 40 years of Morrissey is it.

All he had to do was probably replace 6 songs.. Surely the band could master that in all the time they have had together.

Considering the amount of effort put into to telling him it's not his legacy - I'm surprised he can sing it at all without feeling demoralised.

The unruly lounge lizard vibe could go to some interesting places if he wasn't perpetually getting harried.
It is his legacy, he's been milking it since day one. By the way, the other composer of that song would not f--k it up on purpose, out of respect for his audience.

Now if it causes strain to sing it why not just choose another? Instead he keeps it on the setlist and has to show he's sick of it in a really ugly way, every single time.

First, I'm a huge Morrissey fan and I will ALWAYS go to see I'm when he tours. But can "40 years of Morrissey" really be summed up in 18-21 songs? Paul McCartney, in his 80s and vegan, performs for more than 2 hours and 36 songs. Why does Morrissey short change his fans?
Did you ever stop to think that maybe he just cant do a two hour show? Have you noticed the incredible passion in his voice lately? Forget the less than perfect band, he still has that sublime voice!

I am Mozzer's age and I have lost so many friends of my generation to covid, cancer, alcohol and drugs, that I'm just extremely grateful that Moz still around and touring. We could lose him at any time and then we would all BEG to hear the master's voice sing anything one more time.
I'm not going to any of the shows, but if I was, I sure as hell wouldn't be selling my tickets and posting about it here. You're hurting the guy if you do that!!!

Really hope the setlist is better tonight.
I closed my eyes while clicking this link to read the comments first before seeing the setlist

My prediction is: lol.

edit - wow what a great set list in comparison to..., oh, hang on, I was looking at photos of someone who had smeared their own fluids on the wall of a mental asylum - my hobby.

Why is it even called 40 years of Morrissey

Last edited:
same people moaning about the setlist as they did yesterday.
1000 people killed in israel in one day,get a grip there is more important things in life than a set-list.

It represents the dumpster its landed in. From those fans to the terrible band.
Has he no self awareness, nor dignity.
I do agree this is some kind of dumpster fire he doesn't care to put out/ The lower quality fans aren't really helping either. When you are young and good looking and talented, you can get away with a lot; he is none of those things anymore and he hasn't bothered to compensate by working on his talent a bit more. As many have pointed out, loads of people his age tour and put on great shows. everyone is raving about New Order right now. It doesn't happen by accident. I would imagine you have to work a lot harder as you get older and he is just lazy and out of touch. He doesn't even seem aware of this. His 2 unreleased albums, or the songs we have heard, are absolute garbage, yet he insists they are the best of his career. As long he keeps selling tickets, and that doesn't even seem to matter to him since he cancels so much, he will keep making money and lowering expectations, and people will pay him to do it.

It is his legacy, he's been milking it since day one. By the way, the other composer of that song would not f--k it up on purpose, out of respect for his audience.

Now if it causes strain to sing it why not just choose another? Instead he keeps it on the setlist and has to show he's sick of it in a really ugly way, every single time.

I don't think he's trying to spite his audience. He sings how he feels & it's hitting different.

The most I have ever paid for a ticket was 250 and that was Btyan Ferry 5th row center
My mum loves Bryan Ferry and she likes him even more because he came from quite close to where we live, but I have never been able to get into his music/Roxy Music.

$396 for up on the balcony/circle/mezzanine is a joke. It's what you would expect for the front or very close to it. The prices makes no sense if he's trying to flog tickets.

My mum loves Bryan Ferry and she likes him even more because he came from quite close to where we live, but I have never been able to get into his music/Roxy Music.

$396 for up on the balcony/circle/mezzanine is a joke. It's what you would expect for the front or very close to it. The prices makes no sense if he's trying to flog tickets.
I can appreciate that different people like different things. The first gift I ever gave my husband was the Avalon CD, so we had to go, lol. Seriously tho, we are fans and it was a great experience.

I don't know if I could see myself paying 400 for anyone, unless they want to come play in my living room.

Back
Top Bottom