How Come Morrissey Has Never Had A Girl In The Band?

Obviously he has no problem working with females as he has had numerous ones doing backing vocals, but perhaps the reason is that a female would divert attention away from himself.

As is Gustavo.

Every single bio of Jesse Tobias says he is Texan. I presume that means "born and raised in Texas." Apparently, Morrissey likes to fetishize him by removing the "American" aspect of Jesse being Mexican-American.

Also, Morrissey said Gustavo is from Columbia at the Glasto gig, didn't he? He's actually Columbian-American.

I am thinking Dear Morrissey has trouble realizing that non-white people can be American too. Has there ever been any mentioned of the Walkers' national and ethnic origins?

Every single bio of Jesse Tobias says he is Texan. I presume that means "born and raised in Texas." Apparently, Morrissey likes to fetishize him by removing the "American" aspect of Jesse being Mexican-American.

Also, Morrissey said Gustavo is from Columbia at the Glasto gig, didn't he? He's actually Columbian-American.

I am thinking Dear Morrissey has trouble realizing that non-white people can be American too. Has there ever been any mentioned of the Walkers' national and ethnic origins?

Maybe, just maybe thats how the people in question like to be known. We all know a lot of Americans like to think they are from elsewhere -especially those who think because their grandfather once had a shamrock that they are irish. I have also meet a number of people who think of themselves as mexican even though they have never been there.

Maybe, just maybe thats how the people in question like to be known. We all know a lot of Americans like to think they are from elsewhere -especially those who think because their grandfather once had a shamrock that they are irish. I have also meet a number of people who think of themselves as mexican even though they have never been there.

Uh...no. As an American from a part of the country with a large range of people who are first and second generation Americans, NO ONE ever says they are from Mexico if they are Mexican-American. Oh, if asked their ethnicity, they will say "Mexican" or "Latino" or "Chicano"...sure. But they never, ever claim to be foreign-born if they are not. Unless there's an agenda.

Americans descended from recent immigrants are very proud of that immigrant heritage, but I can honestly say they never claim to be FROM those other countries. NEVER.

YMMV

Uh...no. As an American from a part of the country with a large range of people who are first and second generation Americans, NO ONE ever says they are from Mexico if they are Mexican-American. Oh, if asked their ethnicity, they will say "Mexican" or "Latino" or "Chicano"...sure. But they never, ever claim to be foreign-born if they are not. Unless there's an agenda.

Americans descended from recent immigrants are very proud of that immigrant heritage, but I can honestly say they never claim to be FROM those other countries. NEVER.

YMMV

What does YMMV mean?

Has Morrissey ever said they were born in another country then?
Confused of Camden

Last edited:

In Albuquerque a few years ago I do believe he introduced the bandmates in that fashion. I was with my American friend of Mexican descent who knew of Morrissey and my passion for him but was attending his first Morrissey concert, and he went bananas hearing that two of his bandmates were Latino, he loved it. It softened the "stuffy Bri'ish" stigma Morrissey has sort of developed over here.

Obviously he has no problem working with females as he has had numerous ones doing backing vocals....

That's not very convincing. Females can be his back-up singers or opening acts (and instantly fired if they say one word he doesn't like -- see Kristeen Young), but only men can be in the band or produce the records?

I dunno, he can put together his bands however he likes for whatever reasons he likes. But the number of musicians he's employed is growing ever-larger (Morrissey has described some of them as "mere session musicians as readily replaceable as the parts of a lawnmower") and you start to wonder how it can be that there's never a female considered good enough to play one of the instruments.

As far as producers, I guess the music industry doesn't like them to be female for whatever reason. The music industry sure preaches on about their left-wing politics, but it's an incredibly sexist industry. Here in the rust belt of America's midwest, though, Motown used to allow females to produce some fine artists, so I guess they're, um...capable if given the opportunity.

Last edited:
For one, it should be noted that Jesus did not ordain any women. He selected all of his apostles, and none were women. Duh.

I knew you were joking but like to just use blind logic in a deadpan way when it comes to religion

I think the question of whether or not Jesus actually existed is more of a historical, rather than a religious question. I'd like to know the answer either way. It sounds like you know more than most scholars so would you care to share your insights? PM me.

Please read God Is Not Great by Christopher Hitchens, he can say in 10 words what I can say in a 1000, with a lot more wit, intelligence and conviction as well!

Please read God Is Not Great by Christopher Hitchens, he can say in 10 words what I can say in a 1000, with a lot more wit, intelligence and conviction as well!

Please I can go on listing authors and book titles too. :rolleyes:

From both ends of the spectrum, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
moz band
Back
Top Bottom