'I’ve Been Dreaming Of A Time When...' statement; "For Britain" support - Morrissey Central

Today's missive from our favourite radical spokesperson.

I’ve Been Dreaming Of A Time When / the English / are sick to death of Labour and Tories - Morrissey Central
April 20, 2018
42848_Untitled-1.jpg

I despise racism.

I despise fascism.

I would do anything for my Muslim friends, and I know they would do anything for me.

In view of this, there is only one British political party that can safeguard our security.

That party is For Britain.

Please give them a chance. Listen to them. Do not be influenced by the tyrannies of the MSM who will tell you that For Britain are racist or fascist - please believe me, they are the very opposite!!! Please do not close your mind.

Labour is hopelessly naive.

Theresa May’s policies have turned Britain into a international target.

The BBC has closed down.

The Loony Left is concerned only with victim culture.

For Britain will keep British society together. Violence is not the way forward.
There are many problems in modern Britain that have become too large for Theresa May to deal with - mostly because she created them in the first place. The press appear to deal only in fashionable outrage; inflammatory and unjust comments against any new party that threatens the same old bloody pointless two-party system.

Please give For Britain a chance. They will bring an end to the modern Westminster mania for self-destruction. For Britain is the bulldog breed that will never surrender. Both Labour and Conservatives have already sold you down the river into righteous oblivion.

This is my last political strike. No wish to upset anyone! But the time has come to fight, and Labour and the Conservatives have their backs to the sea.

Are you capable of change?

Thank you, and peace for all of us

MORRISSEY

20 April 2018

Last edited by a moderator:
We've been through this before, if you want to be an Internet troll you have to have an element of truth to what you say otherwise it's just bollocks.

Now go f*** a duck.

An "element" of truth? AN ELEMENT OF TRUTH?????? Have you been hitting the hot sauce?:mock:
We can sit here from now until eternity and "Surface" would never even slightly
contradict anything you or Skinny post. LOL:crazy:

Skinny: Moz bad.
Surface: yes yes bad bad bad.
:rofl:

A fooking element of truth. LOL

You're moaning about Moz expecting him to think like you.

It's not really about expecting anything, though. Moz has been a dick, to varying degrees, all the time I've been buying his records. I've never really had an expectation that he would stop. But there's a point when it gets too much. You might judge things differently, but surely anyone who makes a similar judgement to mine is entitled to it?

It's not really about expecting anything, though. Moz has been a dick, to varying degrees, all the time I've been buying his records. I've never really had an expectation that he would stop. But there's a point when it gets too much. You might judge things differently, but surely anyone who makes a similar judgement to mine is entitled to it?

Of course. I used to love Lou Reed but I always knew he was a dick. Most artists are. There's a long list. My problem with Moz isn't politics.....it's releasing average records or charging a fortune to see him or for his merchandise or shoddy album covers.

Of course. I used to love Lou Reed but I always knew he was a dick. Most artists are. There's a long list. My problem with Moz isn't politics.....it's releasing average records or charging a fortune to see him or for his merchandise or shoddy album covers.

It's ALL of it. If you're about to lose say a quarter of your fanbase who've been loyal for 30 odd years that's cool, let's hope he's thought it through rather than parrotted some hanger on twat who's got his ear.

And from his statements I'd wager he hasn't thought anything through but some hanger on twat has got his ear.

It's ALL of it. If you're about to lose say a quarter of your fanbase who've been loyal for 30 odd years that's cool, let's hope he's thought it through rather than parrotted some hanger on twat who's got his ear.

And from his statements I'd wager he hasn't thought anything through but some hanger on twat has got his ear.

Well, the only twat I know about is his nephew........the one the did that awful video and various photos.

I hope he loses a SHIT LOAD of fans. He'll have to play smaller venues and charge less. Result.

I hope he loses a SHIT LOAD of fans. He'll have to play smaller venues and charge less. Result.

I always wanted him to be massive but he's self sabotaged his entire career. On the gig front, I've seen him in tiny places and it's been shit and seen him in arenas and it's been great. With Morrissey it's always depended on what mood he's in and you don't know what it's going to be until you turn up. That's good in a way though, do people want an artist or slick stage show?

I didn't bother with his latest tour though and probably won't again unless he sobers up and f***s off whichever hangers on are rotting his brain.

I didn't go either. Last saw him in Manchester 2 years ago. Mainly because I'm kinda bored how he just stands still these days. For me, he was best live between 91-95.

Maybe he has thought it through, and simply felt it was time to do the right thing no matter the impact on his own financial bottom line? I always felt that National Front Disco was autobiographical. That Morrissey really did have a friend who got heavy in to the BNP and that while Morrissey sympathized politically, he wasn't willing to make the sacrifice adopting such a position required in Britain at the time. Instead, he focused on his career and went on to become fabulously wealthy and famous. But maybe now that he's an old man he looks back with a certain regret? Maybe this is his way of making amends?

At the end of the day what does it matter? Right-wing Smiths fans have put up with Johnny Marr's obnoxious (in our view) politics since the very beginning. But you guys can't handle a guy who kept his politics under the vest for most of his career finally coming out in the twilight of his career? Johnny Marr came up with some really awesome riffs. Morrissey was probably the greatest lyricist in the history of rock and had a haunting and unique voice. Musically, that is all that really matters.

I didn't go either. Last saw him in Manchester 2 years ago. Mainly because I'm kinda bored how he just stands still these days. For me, he was best live between 91-95.

I saw him in the old days but the best gig I went to was at The Point in Dublin on the Quarry tour. What was that 2005?

People say he was at his best in the wilderness years but I didn't see him then.

Maybe he has thought it through, and simply felt it was time to do the right thing no matter the impact on his own financial bottom line? I always felt that National Front Disco was autobiographical. That Morrissey really did have a friend who got heavy in to the BNP and that while Morrissey sympathized politically, he wasn't willing to make the sacrifice adopting such a position required in Britain at the time. Instead, he focused on his career and went on to become fabulously wealthy and famous. But maybe now that he's an old man he looks back with a certain regret? Maybe this is his way of making amends?

At the end of the day what does it matter? Right-wing Smiths fans have put up with Johnny Marr's obnoxious (in our view) politics since the very beginning. But you guys can't handle a guy who kept his politics under the vest for most of his career finally coming out in the twilight of his career? Johnny Marr came up with some really awesome riffs. Morrissey was probably the greatest lyricist in the history of rock and had a haunting and unique voice. Musically, that is all that really matters.

If he thought the f***er through he should think it through a bit more. Same as the rest of you far righters. You don't HAVE to stop thinking half way through to the end just because something resonates with you.

If he thought the f***er through he should think it through a bit more. Same as the rest of you far righters. You don't HAVE to stop thinking half way through to the end just because something resonates with you.

National Front Disco was just imagination. A story. He was hanging out with Mensi from the Angelic Upstarts round that time, a renown left-winger.

They dont think he sabotages his career, if they did they wouldnt be here parked 24/7.
They would be happy and gone.:pray:

What worries them is the string of sellouts upcoming in Finland and Vienna!!
They would harp about the 'black curtains' BEFORE the recent comments, no
black curtains after the comments :clap:

I expect that they will say that Finland and Vienna are racist twats:rofl:too

Not to mention the no 1 album.:laughing:

National Front Disco was just imagination. A story. He was hanging out with Mensi from the Angelic Upstarts round that time, a renown left-winger.

NF disco, IMO, was about Joe Strummer's brother who was a bit troubled, got involved in the National Front and killed himself. He was even called David, and Strummer was also asked to produce the album.

NF disco, IMO, was about Joe Strummer's brother who was a bit troubled, got involved in the National Front and killed himself. He was even called David, and Strummer was also asked to produce the album.

As Moz was never a big Clash fan, I doubt it. I maybe wrong.

That's not how it would work out, though, is it? He'd just end up moaning on his blog about the dark forces conspiring against him with their plebian accents and links to ISIS.

Morrissey isn't being influenced by anyone to the degree that he can be said not to have thought this through. He's only saying more explicitly what he has been saying for a long time. The Internet and the way that he has chosen to use it seems to be the only thing that has changed. If "Bengali In Platforms" was released now there would be endless discussion about the implications of the lyrics. there wasn't at the time because there were a lot of other things to talk about and when some interviewer had access to Morrissey they would know enough to skip over anything that is going to be contentious. So you had the music papers who might mention it but that wasn't as interesting as the breakup of The Smiths and the climate was a little different then. People ARE more sensitive to these things now and not everyone likes that but I think it's good that marginalized people have a voice and the ability to respond.
The other thing is that Morrissey always knew his fanbase was going to mostly outgrow him. "Rubber Ring" is like a prophesy and "You Know I Couldn't Last" is a followup.
The only thing he's got wrong is that he thinks that the media is responsible for separating him from his fans when all they do is repeat his own words. True, those words are interpreted and sometimes with a most uncharitable intent, but if you compare how the NME or Der Spiegel may have harmed his career to what he has done himself in a very short span of time now that he is speaking directly to the fans, he might do better with NME.
He even asked the fans not to believe anything if it wasn't from his own lips and then proceeded to reinforce everything he's been accused of. Well, he's leaving Kevin Spacey out of it this time. Maybe he's not quite that insane. Because a lot of people that like "Everyday Is Like Sunday" are not really going to read what he's been saying. They have lives of their own and in some ways this does just look like Morrissey being bashed by the press. Fans are used to that. Besides there are a lot of people who are not racist but who have been alarmed by the things they see on the news. They might have some sympathy for the idea that England is changing and feeling less like home.
Even supporting a rapist like Harvey Weinstein and saying, in effect. that actresses are prostitutes who don't mind until it doesn't work out or they have regrets years later, isn't going to lose him enough fans to make a difference. But I think supporting Kevin Spacey is a bigger problem.
There are two points here. He hasn't changed and he only has himself to blame that the public perception has changed. And he always knew something was going to happen to drive fans away. Cho

Yes, I know you. You can be like a drama queen but let’s say, you’re not the only one.

And, I always felt that “behind the hatred and frustration there lies a murderous desire for love”.
You are scary, always so to the point!

LOL

That kind of love is not available in life but maybe in the after life and the after life presents itself to me more and more now until a bridge appears and I start walking.

Tags
for britain

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom