I Know Very Well How I Got My Note Wrong

vinyl301

I've put a rip of this (Original CD to flac) on my blog if anyone wants it:

http://vinyl301.com/2013/03/01/morr...umn-i-know-very-well-how-i-got-my-note-wrong/

The only other Moz related stuff I've posted so far is Act's rather fine cover of Heaven Knows, which is here:

http://vinyl301.com/2013/03/11/act-i-cant-escape-from-you-compacted/

The download is in the comments, and you'll need to paste the name of the file host into the link manually (i.e. replace the stars with ultramegabit)

Feel free to wander around the rest of my blog - lots of vanished music to be had.

Cheers.

Finally a cd sourced upload of this track, thank you very much!

On a side note, you mentioned on your blog that Johnny Marr remastered the re-issues of The Smiths. He didn't, Frank Arkwright did. I'm afraid Johnny Marr's involvement was not much more than nodding when he was asked if it sounded ok.

You're welcome. I've only been doing this blog for a few eeks, and I've been amazed how much of the stuff I have is unavailable. Not just unavailable to buy - I knew there was loads of that, but unavailable even as downloads, at least in decent quality. It remains to be seen whether my stuff stays up - maybe I'll start getting take-down notices. So far so good though.

I didn't know about the Smiths re-issues. I don't have any of them because I have original Rough Trade everything on vinyl and CD which all sound fantastic, so I felt no need to buy everything yet again. I was just basing my comments on what I'd read. So have you heard them? Do they sound as good as people say?

At some point I'll post the Sandie Shaw Rough Trade CD singles, and I may do a vinyl rip of the Italian mispress of HSIN - not sure how good existing rips of that are though. I may not bother if there are already good sources out there. The only other Smiths stuff I'd consider posting is all the original RT CD versions of the albums, on the basis that they're excellent/rare. I suspect that would be sailing a bit close to the wind in terms of pissing off copyright holders. I stick to non-available music on my blog to avoid ripping musicians off, and I'm not sure that a different mastering really counts as unavailable.

thx for this dude :)

a while back some clever person made a 'complete version' from a vinyl source...hopefully someone will weave magic on this cd version too.

Back
Top Bottom