I spent my birthday with Morrissey!

Sorry if this is a dumb-ass question, but how did he know what you look like?

Ummm....I was at the show? I don't know what you mean? :confused: I held up a sign that said " Moz, it's my birthday can I have your shirt?" so then he knew it was my birthday! Is that what you were asking?

Thanks again everyone! I don't know why it's so dang easy to jump on stage, I think it's because I'm in Utah? And people aren't so cut throat here! Could be, anyway good luck Nugz hope your concert is awesome! *high five to nugz*

I held up a sign that said " Moz, it's my birthday can I have your shirt?" so then he knew it was my birthday! Is that what you were asking?

Oh, OK -- I read it wrong, plus there's a dense fog that surrounds my brain at all times. ;)

Yo yo yo everyone. I just got back from Utah and can back up what Stacy (pags) says to the letter! It was incredible! I was right behind Julia on the other side of the stage and I was screaming for Stacy the whole time! I am so happy for her! His shirt, as Stacy says, does smell like Christmas. :D I made her take a picture of me with it, hehe. Some random things:

- Stacy and I snuck to the tourbus area when it was fairly early in the day before they roped it off. We were walking by Moz's bus apparently because right after we passed it this random roadie came running up to the bus to lock the doors!

- We saw Kirsteen and said hi to her and then saw that she was driving a 1999 minivan! It was really bizarre.

- Moz eats some cereal called Joe's O's. We saw it in the window of his bus. It cracked us up because we had never heard of it. We joked about writing "Can we have some Joe's O's?' on a poster for the concert.

- Stacy wrote 'We're here for the Ringleader' on the back window of her car and 'Moz Mobile' on the side windows. I took pictures and they'll be posted here soon (Stac, I will email them, along with the others I took, to you first)

- Moz said his usual political stuff which I personally don't give two shakes about but this annoying guy behind me kept yelling his agreement. The funny thing is, he was talking about Tony Blair so this guy was just yelling to yell.

- I threw a cloth sign on stage that I had made and snuck in because they wouldn't allow ANYTHING in (this really sucked) and Moz caught it, yelled 'Take it!' and threw it back at me. I was not happy but I got over it.

- He played Jack the Ripper and I literally nearly died because it's my fave song. I must have screamed bloody murder in poor Julia's ear.

- Moz threw his Je Suis Morrissey shirt my direction and though I didn't try to catch it, I got knocked over a few times because there was this chaotic rush for it. I am so sore today!

I guess that's about it for my experience. I had a blast with Stacy and her family, she's super cool in real life too! :D Good luck to the rest of you going to other concerts!

Jenn

Joe's Os are the Trader Joe's brand version of Cheerios. We eat them here, too.

I just love picturing Moz pushing one of those cute small carts through Trader Joe's. They have the best wine there... ;)

- Moz eats some cereal called Joe's O's. We saw it in the window of his bus. It cracked us up because we had never heard of it. We joked about writing "Can we have some Joe's O's?' on a poster for the concert.

Woo hoo - Moz is a Trader Joes freak like me (and a few others on this thing)! Maybe I can catch him at a local TJs when he's in town?!?!

It's tough to make money on touring (so I hear); the overhead/expenses are so high.

Anyway, what did Mozzy say about Tony Blair?

It's tough to make money on touring (so I hear); the overhead/expenses are so high.

Anyway, what did Mozzy say about Tony Blair?

I don't really remember, I kinda tuned him out. I hate his political rants. Something about the world being a better place when he is out of power, pags may remember it better.

Great story -- I'm surprised (and glad) that nobody nearby tried to tear the shirt away from you when you got it, or did they?

Now I know most of you aren't going to believe this but here we go....Last night I went to the show in SLC and had the best best birthday of my life!

I don't really remember, I kinda tuned him out. I hate his political rants. Something about the world being a better place when he is out of power, pags may remember it better.

I don't really remember I try not to listen to his political rantings! I think it has no place on stage anyway. Hey HoMs I don't really remember what the heck I did once I jumped on stage, do you at all? Did I make a total idiot of myself in front of Morrissey? And what did he do once I got on stage? Help I think I must have been like a deer in the headlights cause I don't remember a dang thing.:D

Great story -- I'm surprised (and glad) that nobody nearby tried to tear the shirt away from you when you got it, or did they?

NO! I was in shock also, everyone around me knew it was my birthday so they were really cool about it! I let a couple people smell it but I was surrounded by a couple of guys that had come with me so no body tried anything, even after the show was over I didn't get mugged!

I don't really remember I try not to listen to his political rantings! I think it has no place on stage anyway. Hey HoMs I don't really remember what the heck I did once I jumped on stage, do you at all? Did I make a total idiot of myself in front of Morrissey? And what did he do once I got on stage? Help I think I must have been like a deer in the headlights cause I don't remember a dang thing.:D

When you stood up, you reached your hand out and kinda walked toward him and he met you halfways and took your hand. It was actually a very calm occurance because no one was trying to stop you. It was the calmest of all the invasions. I saw hottie secuirty guard watching you before you got up there so I knew he wouldn't stop you. I was seriously waiting for you to grab him like that one girl did! She was like a leech on him. You were very respectiful of him though so that was cool. I would have to have been sat on by Arturo or something for them to keep me off of him!

When you stood up, you reached your hand out and kinda walked toward him and he met you halfways and took your hand. It was actually a very calm occurance because no one was trying to stop you. It was the calmest of all the invasions. I saw hottie secuirty guard watching you before you got up there so I knew he wouldn't stop you. I was seriously waiting for you to grab him like that one girl did! She was like a leech on him. You were very respectiful of him though so that was cool. I would have to have been sat on by Arturo or something for them to keep me off of him!

Very cool! Thank you, I'm off the St. George so I don't know when I'll be back to the frink. Tell the girls good luck for me tonight!

Oh you lucky thing!

Nuh-uh! :eek: How perfect is that??!! I'm sooooo excited for you! I get all excited just thining about your whole experience! and it brings an enormous smile on my face!

Reading things like this, dreams can come true, even the ones that seem too good to be true. ;)

Happy for you!! (and of course a little jealous and envious...:p)

Woo hoo - Moz is a Trader Joes freak like me (and a few others on this thing)! Maybe I can catch him at a local TJs when he's in town?!?!

LOL, I thought the same exact thing!!!

Trader Joes is...well, I LOVE that store really! I think it's really the only place we shop at in my house....which reminds me I need tea and Tofutti
And Joe's O's are really good too! :D

Last edited:
OMG!!!! YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!!!! :eek: I think you've toppled Leopard Print Kissy Girl as my hero! Wow thanks so much for sharing and glad to hear you had a fabulous birthday!!! I hope you guys can post/find some pics to share here!

p.s. Moz is going to be baffled when everyone starts showing up with "It's my birthday" signs at his shows!!! ;)

i think i know what girl you're talking about.
i saw her at the last show on the 13 and she
was talking about morrissey and something about kissing
i'm not quite sure...

do you mind explain what she did please? =]

Back
Top Bottom