Interview with AYNIM video director + Challenge to fans

The first thing I thought of when I saw the video was Weezer's video "Beverly Hills", but that's just me or is it?

I'll let this guy named Chad show you. He's "on it." :rolleyes:

That type of thing isn't so difficult or amazing if the person has the ability to keep their esophagus open. Just pour it down.

A "sword" swallower would be good at it.

I tried and I failed. I've looked through the whole Guinness Book Of British Hit Singles. I probably missed the reference, but the only one I can think of when Patrick O'Dell said "That musician..." is Morrissey himself - Tomorrow?

I turned up a real close miss...

And during the course of trawling through the book, I picked up on a record I bought, but totally forgot about, but it's still wonderful...

Cheers,

Peter

is it wrong im enjoying cliff

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't, in that one article of the geezer who was to be Morrissey's assistant on the tour, or band assistant/gopher, claim Mogsy was downing beers quite heavily and beating Tobias about the head at some pub or restaurant?

Was that: I was Morrissey's roadie?

'A drinking game ensues, where one of the musicians is encouraged to knock back his pint to a chorus of “Down in one, down in one, down in one,” a chant to which Morrissey himself adds flamenco claps, skipping in front of his employee. He immediately beckons for another pint for the same musician and the process is repeated.'

And doesn't 'pounding a beer' just mean drinking lots?

Was that: I was Morrissey's roadie?

'A drinking game ensues, where one of the musicians is encouraged to knock back his pint to a chorus of “Down in one, down in one, down in one,” a chant to which Morrissey himself adds flamenco claps, skipping in front of his employee. He immediately beckons for another pint for the same musician and the process is repeated.'

And doesn't 'pounding a beer' just mean drinking lots?

Yes it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
The AYNIM video reminds me of those early Pink Floyd videos from the 60s when Syd Barrett was around.

All of their "videos" consisted basically of the band being outside and doing strange things.

maybe The Bee Gees video for Stayin Alive? i'm too lazy to look for a youtube clip, but i seem to recall lots of walking around and tomfoolery

The only band I have come up with so far where the singer stands in front banging a tambourine is The Monkees but it's probably a bit more obscure.

LOL. Yeah, not the best tamborine example. Lots of vids with Davy on maracas, tho. I will spare you those =o)

You're right Corrissey, I have looked on Youtube and it's nearly always maraccas rather than a tambourine so I don't know why on earth I thought of The Monkees. It couldn't be them though if you think about it, it was someone the director hadn't heard of and surely he must have heard of The Monkees.

Back
Top Bottom