It’s not about politics

The duality of Malarkey:

View attachment 101152

View attachment 101153

Both Is Good The Road To El Dorado GIF

Does it matter?

There is currently a manhunt underway for a man who has thrown an ‘corrosive substance’ injuring twelve people, one severely.
This happened about 3 miles from where I am currently.
Much has been made about this in the press, but once again the emperor is walking around with no clothes and everyone is looking away.

He was granted asylum despite being convicted of a sexual offence, which has led to Conservative politicians calling for reform -

But Amnesty International UK's refugee and migrant rights director has said that asylum applications should be decided on the potential harm they face in the country they came from.

"The right way for the system to work is to focus on determining whether the person who has made a claim is at risk in the country that they’ve come from," Steve Valdez-Symonds told Sky News.

Should asylum seekers be granted asylum based purely on the risk in their home country, or the potential risk to the country they are fleeing to? Surely we are obligated to protect people here first.

IMG_5398.jpeg

There is currently a manhunt underway for a man who has thrown an ‘corrosive substance’ injuring twelve people, one severely.
This happened about 3 miles from where I am currently.
Much has been made about this in the press, but once again the emperor is walking around with no clothes and everyone is looking away.

He was granted asylum despite being convicted of a sexual offence, which has led to Conservative politicians calling for reform -

But Amnesty International UK's refugee and migrant rights director has said that asylum applications should be decided on the potential harm they face in the country they came from.

"The right way for the system to work is to focus on determining whether the person who has made a claim is at risk in the country that they’ve come from," Steve Valdez-Symonds told Sky News.

Should asylum seekers be granted asylum based purely on the risk in their home country, or the potential risk to the country they are fleeing to? Surely we are obligated to protect people here first.

View attachment 101213
You have to love the BBC. When Newsnight on BBC2 discussed this attack they identified the main problem as 'toxic masculinity'. The fact he should have been deported for a previous sex assault is irrelevant, apparently. Yep, if only this chap had stayed away from the influence of cis white men the attack would never have happened. You really couldn't make this stuff up.
And I love the way they say - Abdul, 35, from Newcastle...

You have to love the BBC. When Newsnight on BBC2 discussed this attack they identified the main problem as 'toxic masculinity'. The fact he should have been deported for a previous sex assault is irrelevant, apparently. Yep, if only this chap had stayed away from the influence of cis white men the attack would never have happened. You really couldn't make this stuff up.
I blame Andrew Tate!
We must all stop defunding it, they can’t imprison us all ✊

Sadly - dangerously (?) - some people are able to make this stuff up. They are good at it as well.

“Each year, about two billion live animals are transported across water by the live export industry. While the Australian government did not answer questions about how many animals travel through the Red Sea from Australia every year, Goodfellow puts the 2023 total at about 250,000. Hostilities in the Red Sea area are not expected to end any time soon, which suggests hundreds of thousands of farm animals transported this way will be put at risk.

After a month at sea, Goodfellow says conditions for the animals on board the MV Bahijah would by now be 'very poor,' with animals standing or lying in their own waste 'in close quarters and in high heat and humidity.' Ammonia levels, he says, 'will be high, irritating the animals’ eyes and airways. The animals will be stressed, creating the perfect environment for disease to spread. This will only get worse the longer the journey goes on.'”

Back
Top Bottom