Jesus of Nazareth, known as "J-dogg" by some

What is your opinion of Jesus?

• Total voters

You do realize it was her parents behind the lawsuit, right? She was being subservient to her parents. If she was such an independent thinker she would have known what was good for her (the Michaela school) and told them to stuff it. She didn't and she lost out as a result. Hopefully she's no longer enrolled.

Katharine birbalsingh is superb and not boring at all. She would be a great dominatrix.

Sorry, the link you provided only mentions the student and her mother, nothing about parents plural. If the mother’s behind it, then that makes it two rebels in hijabs. Allah be doubly praised!

And if you blame the parents, then why did you want the girl to be pilloried? I guess that’s Christian enough— original sin, inherited guilt, and all that.

Sorry, the link you provided only mentions the student and her mother, nothing about parents plural. If the mother’s behind it, then that makes it two rebels in hijabs. Allah be doubly praised!

And if you blame the parents, then why did you want the girl to be pilloried? I guess that’s Christian enough— original sin, inherited guilt, and all that.
Katharine birbalsingh is the rebel--but not without cause.

I want the girl to be pilloried for being weak and not being grateful for her fortune at being able to attend such an amazing school run by a woman who really cares. Also to set an example to Muslims in the west who think that they get to call the shots!

On a completely unrelated note, Tammy Peterson is a real bushpig.

Katharine birbalsingh is the rebel--but not without cause.

I want the girl to be pilloried for being weak and not being grateful for her fortune at being able to attend such an amazing school run by a woman who really cares. Also to set an example to Muslims in the west who think that they get to call the shots!

No one’s being pilloried, so no examples will be set. This one battle does not make the war. Allah will conquer. Shouldn’t you be a “tradwife” with 8 kids and a Christian-bro husband if you want to ship out the Mohammedans and reclaim the West for Jesus? Those birth rates don’t make themselves.

Last edited:
No one’s being pilloried, so no examples will be set. This one battle does not make the war. Allah will conquer. Shouldn’t you be a “tradwife” with 8 kids and a Christian-bro husband if you want to ship out the Mohammedans and reclaim the West for Jesus? Those birthdates don’t make themselves.
Nah, my role as an intellectual is to analyze what is best for everyone else. I'm not a practicing participant. I don't think everyone should do the prescribed thing. Neil codling, for example, definitely shouldn't.

Nah, my role as an intellectual is to analyze what is best for everyone else. I'm not a practicing participant. I don't think everyone should do the prescribed thing. Neil codling, for example, definitely shouldn't.

Your abstention as an “intellectual” just means that some other poor women will have to pick up the slack and endure more child-bearing. That’s their miserable lot in life, I suppose. This must be the same Christianity that gave us great Western values like egalitarianism and women’s rights.

Your abstention as an “intellectual” just means that some other poor women will have pick up the slack and endure more child-bearing. That’s their miserable lot in life, I suppose. This must be the same Christianity that gave us great Western values like egalitarianism and women’s rights.
That's okay, women generally enjoy motherhood! It "adds something to their life"!

Not true. And it's not your right as a man to tell women what makes them feel fulfilled.

How do you know it isn't true? You can't read minds. Have all the women who wear burqas and niqabs been polled and a majority reported, "we don't like this one bit"? Religion creates a culture of conformity to the will of God; even things a person might not care for are considered a pious sacrifice, and therefore good. Take up your cross ...

And why would gender have anything to do with it? Any man could've made the same claim you did: "women generally enjoy motherhood!" One thing we can know is that women in the West don't seem to enjoy keeping with up traditional birth rates, otherwise they would be keeping up with traditional birth rates. Generally when you give women access to contraception and personal autonomy, birth rates decline.

How do you know it isn't true? You can't read minds. Have all the women who wear burqas and niqabs been polled and a majority reported, "we don't like this one bit"? Religion creates a culture of conformity to the will of God; even things a person might not care for are considered a pious sacrifice, and therefore good. Take up your cross ...

And why would gender have anything to do with it? Any man could've made the same claim you did: "women generally enjoy motherhood!" One thing we can know is that women in the West don't seem to enjoy keeping with up traditional birth rates, otherwise they would be keeping up with traditional birth rates. Generally when you give women access to contraception and personal autonomy, birth rates decline.
The idea that women should be 'covered' almost certainly owes its origins to the very ancient idea that women are 'unclean' because they bleed once a month. That cultural belief is a thread running through the world religions, right up to the 21st century. Some might argue it is even still seen in the modern religion of 'woke', with its sacred tenet that a man can turn into a woman as if by magic, thus erasing womanhood altogether. Fear of the feminine is seen very strongly in Islam, and in the writings of Paul, of course.

The idea that women should be 'covered' almost certainly owes its origins to the very ancient idea that women are 'unclean' because they bleed once a month. That cultural belief is a thread running through the world religions, right up to the 21st century. Some might argue it is even still seen in the modern religion of 'woke', with its sacred tenet that a man can turn into a woman as if by magic, thus erasing womanhood altogether. Fear of the feminine is seen very strongly in Islam, and in the writings of Paul, of course.

The niqab is more about modesty than menstruation. St. Paul and the Islamic moral theologians probably had what would now be called "unhealthy attitudes towards sex." But if the question is either/or, I think I'd prefer the niqab to some of the disgusting sex-positive goo-goo on this forum.

The niqab is more about modesty than menstruation. St. Paul and the Islamic moral theologians probably had what would now be called "unhealthy attitudes towards sex." But if the question is either/or, I think I'd prefer the niqab to some of the disgusting sex-positive goo-goo on this forum.
This is the origin of the niqab:
Women are unclean. A man going with a woman makes him unclean too and pollutes him. A man should limit contact with his wife to procreation only. His wife should cover up to show that she is the man's property, and to prevent her 'tempting' any other men and contaminating them too.

This is the origin of the niqab:
Women are unclean. A man going with a woman makes him unclean too and pollutes him. A man should limit contact with his wife to procreation only. His wife should cover up to show that she is the man's property, and to prevent her 'tempting' any other men and contaminating them too.

Source? Pat Condell or Douglas Murray, I guess.

The niqab is just an extension of the hijab, which is factually a modesty garment. "A woman's hair is her glory," as St. Paul put it. I can't help it if St. Paul had a hair fetish, but at some point a Muslim jurist correctly realized a woman's facial beauty is her glory more than her hair is, and the niqab was born.

Last edited:
Source? Pat Condell or Douglas Murray, I guess.

The niqab is just an extension of the hijab, which is factually a modesty garment. "A woman's hair is her glory," as St. Paul put it. I can't help it if St. Paul had a hair fetish, but at some point a Muslim jurist correctly realized a woman's facial beauty is her glory more than her hair is, and the niqab was born.
The origins of head and face coverings for women are obviously shrouded in prehistory. There is a debate amongst anthropologists and cultural historians as to the origins. Psychologists such as Freud have also contributed to that debate.
Why do we 'cover' something? One reason is we cover something that is harmful, or likely to cause harm. The other reason is we cover something that is precious to protect it from harm, and the unwanted attention of others, and to demonstrate 'ownership'. Take your pick. The origins, of course, could also be some combination of both.
Cultural beliefs about women being 'unclean' almost certainly play some role in those origins, and why women are seen as 'property', and 'property' that causes men no end of anxiety.

Why do we 'cover' something? One reason is we cover something that is harmful, or likely to cause harm. The other reason is we cover something that is precious to protect it from harm, and the unwanted attention of others, and to demonstrate 'ownership'. Take your pick. The origins, of course, could also be some combination of both.

Yes, exactly. It's probably a bit of both. This is a Semitic religion we're talking about, and many of these things go back to the barbarism of the Old Testament. But you originally said that Islam believes "a man should limit contact with his wife to procreation only." I doubt that can be the doctrine, because Mohammed turned to his wife Khadija for her counsel, and the life behavior of the prophet is considered the perfect model.

Yes, exactly. It's probably a bit of both. This is a Semitic religion we're talking about, and many of these things go back to the barbarism of the Old Testament. But you originally said that Islam believes "a man should limit contact with his wife to procreation only." I doubt that can be the doctrine, because Mohammed turned to his wife Khadija for her counsel, and the life behavior of the prophet is considered the perfect model.
The origins are older than the Old Testament. I think the first mention of head covering goes back to ancient Assyria in the 13th century BCE.
You are right about Khadija - although much of that was PR to win over her tribe, the Quraysh, which was key to his development as a political leader in the region. Mohammed was a skilled tactician, I will give him that.

Tags
christianity edith sitwell jesus religion
Back
Top Bottom