Melbourne - Palais Theater (Dec. 4, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Girlfriend In A Coma / Irish Blood, English Heart / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Let Me Kiss You / Half A Person / Speedway / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm.

Last edited:
I don't think you get a refund if you choose to leave

I don’t think it has finished early necessarily. The messsage doesn’t stipulate but I took it to read the poster ‘ couldn’t stand’ rather than Moz. Maybe it’s still going on but all quiet on X at the minute
Yes definitely, he and his Wife couldn’t stand the reverberation he said in another post.
We all get older ;)

It wouldn’t be a Moz show without some drama at this point.

Man, 40 minutes late? With a show at the same venue tomorrow? People won’t show.

Man, 40 minutes late? With a show at the same venue tomorrow? People won’t show.
Would suggest was less than 40 minutes late, the poster sent the X at 9:52 local time and that was after three songs.
There could have been a sound or venue issue preventing starting on time. Not been to many Moz concerts in the grand scheme of things but punctuality is usually something Moz does well (when the show is on, of course!!)

Is he drunk?
Wouldn’t come as no surprise. There’s been way too many times to even recall now. Let’s wait to see what Marianne says before we make any harsh judgements.
I actually think it’s time Moz was put out to grass irrespective of what has or hasn’t happened tonight. The last few years have been rubbish 😥

"Let’s wait to see what Marianne says before we make any harsh judgements."

She had a few margaritas, so don't expect her to be that critical on Melbourne.

Wouldn’t come as no surprise. There’s been way too many times to even recall now. Let’s wait to see what Marianne says before we make any harsh judgements.
I actually think it’s time Moz was put out to grass irrespective of what has or hasn’t happened tonight. The last few years have been rubbish 😥
Untrue: he was fantastic in Stockton last year. When he can be arsed to turn it on, he’s still amongst the best.

Who is Marianne? Why should we care what she says?

I posted this info tonight and I do not recall the little disclaimer being there

RUNNING TIMES

7.00pm Doors
8.30pm Start
9.10pm Morrissey
10.40pm Show End

*All times approximate and subject to change by the artist.

I don't know who Marianne is or why her opinion is important

He cancelled Perth because he didn’t like the venue/the press/the promoters (?) classifying him as “nostalgia”?!

Set list similar to Tokyo.

He mentioned Germaine Greer, “the most important woman in the world at the moment”, being born and “braised” in Melbourne.

He cancelled Perth because he didn’t like the venue/the press/the promoters (?) classifying him as “nostalgia”?!

Set list similar to Tokyo.

He mentioned Germaine Greer, “the most important woman in the world at the moment”, being born and “braised” in Melbourne.

Isn’t the “born and braised” shtick originally from when he introduced the band members on “Who Put The M…”

I was looking at some M Facebook groups, and people are there and no one mentioned him starting late or anything like that.

He was only a few minutes late. That guy didn’t realise that there would be pre-concert videos. What a dill!

Back
Top Bottom