Morrissey Central "Mexico City" - dengue infection will take 2-3 weeks to clear; tour to resume in Florida (September 10, 2023)

Looks like he caught Dengue Fever - all shows cancelled until Florida on 7 October. All South American dates cancelled.

Morrissey’s arrival in Mexico City has resulted in a dengue infection. The virus will take 2-3 weeks to clear.

The tour is set to resume in Florida.

Morrissey has not ‘cancelled’ any shows, but the infection makes the immediate two weeks impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks like he caught Dengue Fever - all shows cancelled until Florida on 7 October. All South American dates cancelled.

Morrissey’s arrival in Mexico City has resulted in a dengue infection. The virus will take 2-3 weeks to clear.

The tour is set to resume in Florida.

Morrissey has not ‘cancelled’ any shows, but the infection makes the immediate two weeks impossible.
This is just BS. As a Brazilian, we have enough cases of dengue around to know it doesn't take more than 3-4 days to get better. It's just a strong cold. But I really think Morrissey, for some reason, just didn't feel like honouring his commitments, respecting the fans and showing up for sold out gigs in Peru, Colombia and Argentina. Or packed gigs in Chile and in Brazil. Places that still care, but are constantly reminded why some people diss Morrissey. Not this was the first time, as the lame excuse in 2013 was "food poisoning" that would also take two weeks to recover. Will definitely strongly consider whether to plan to go to any other gig after this, as I had tickets for six dates around South America and will lose some money over his whims. Morrissey really tries hard to be hated.

I really hope the "musical director" is the one that got stung and not Moz!

Moz should cancel the rest of the tour, rest a few weeks and go to Ireland for the winter and join the lads. he wouldn't even need to soundcheck or rehearse, just show up and sing.
Now that's easy money, too easy!

This is just BS. As a Brazilian, we have enough cases of dengue around to know it doesn't take more than 3-4 days to get better. It's just a strong cold. But I really think Morrissey, for some reason, just didn't feel like honouring his commitments, respecting the fans and showing up for sold out gigs in Peru, Colombia and Argentina. Or packed gigs in Chile and in Brazil. Places that still care, but are constantly reminded why some people diss Morrissey. Not this was the first time, as the lame excuse in 2013 was "food poisoning" that would also take two weeks to recover. Will definitely strongly consider whether to plan to go to any other gig after this, as I had tickets for six dates around South America and will lose some money over his whims. Morrissey really tries hard to be hated.
Assuming, of course, this dengue story is true. Which I don't.

I'm only posting what was stated; that doesn't mean I believe it.

I'm sorry he's screwed you and so many others around (again) and that you'll lose money; it's not fair at all, and like I said in another post it now becomes like the boy who cried wolf because he's made some bullshit excuses before that even if he does have dengue people question it, and rightly so. It's sad that it has come to this. He will ultimately keep losing fans due to it. I'm so glad I didn't get tickets for Nottingham, nearly, though. He hasn't even given those who bought tickets a reason for the cancellation of that gig. Ugh.

It'll make me think twice about going on dates that require long journeys. You can rely on other artists to turn up unless there really is a big problem because they have respect for fans, and I can't tell whether he's never had any respect for fans or whether he has cared less as he aged, but either way it ain't good.

Best advice for those still wanting to attend any of his gigs is ensure you book a hotel that you can cancel right up to the day of the gig and possibly leave transport as late as possible, but even then he sometimes cancels the same day, AFTER people have already started travelling, which is selfish asf. He knows there are people flying across the world or from different countries for gigs, so the least he could is to inform them in a timely manner, so they weren't completely wasting their time and money. Unless, of course, he didn't know until late, but it happens late every time, and in some instances I feel they just couldn't be bothered to update fans earlier even though they knew.

Well, I'll say something: 1 is Morrissey's health.2 Morrissey should continue or rather start the tour as he was armed, he goes continuously to the United States and Europe, I think the most ethical thing is to do the shows in South America and if you have to postpone, do it with the shows in the United States, go later. I hope he doesn't disappoint me, I hope he recovers and we'll see what Moz does with us. It's all very recent, I understand Cristiano from Brazil that he was going to do an important work of 6 shows, that's an expense, but it's all recent, we have to wait for the evolution of Moz and then we'll see what we say. Another thing I would like to say is that if Morrissey plans to go to Asia, let his doctor tell him what he should do to avoid greater evils. It is evident that you are ill-advised by your doctor, if you have a personal doctor, or do not pay attention to him, which is quite common in many patients

If Morrissey has a personal doctor it is evident that he is poorly advised, or 2 that the doctor tells him and does not pay attention, which is not uncommon to happen with some people. I also want to ask you to keep us informed as much as you can. In a week or two, Moz should be fine. But you have to let him recover well.he already has his years!!

mexcio city's altitude makes it a pretty mosquito free zone. the rest of mexico has dengue, but mexico city really does not. this clown found the only mosquito in the area and it also had dengue? sure.

I think the three week silence on Central before the tour says it all. Morrissey had no interest in touring South America. The whole thing was probably organised to attract the attention of record companies and whether that failed or not the tour itself would have been a chore.

We're all upset about this, but that is complete nonsense. Morrissey didn't bother to travel to Mexico only to cancel several sold out shows, for fun or for the sake of it. Is he supposed to prefer to play half empty shows in the USA?

Please.

Last edited:
He’s an extremely sensitive person, at any rate, and has his valid reason(s) for taking time off suddenly.

I'm flying in from London for the St. P show!- fingers crossed he recovers but if it's cancelled due to ill health so be it. There'll be another time! Best to Moz and any others affected. You have to feel for Mexico but it sounds as though he'll be back soonish. In the meantime, seeing BB on Friday at a Marc Bolan Tribute.....
St Pete is a great place.... hit the beaches north Redington, St John Pass and Indian Rocks Beach (which is more Clearwater than St Pete...)

That sounds like a serious if occasionally entertaining dose you got. That 'skeeter'; such a little thing, but the difference... :sick:
It was the illest I’ve been in my life. It was either Dengue or chikungunya, hard to tell, and the only ‘doctor’ I was able to see was the one in one of those little doctors’ offices they have set up next to the Farmacias Similares. He injected something into my behind to bring down my insanely high temperature which I later found out is a questionable drug banned in many countries.

Aaaaanyway I don’t buy what people are saying about this being a bad cold, I think if you’re not from there and don’t have the immunity against such things these mosquito illnesses can be very serious.

We're all upset about this, but that is complete nonsense. Morrissey didn't bother to travel to Mexico only to cancel sold out shows, for fun. Is he supposed to prefer to play half empty shows in the USA?

Please.

I think he did the same in 2013.

Alain is probably so relieved he got out of this shit show.
I don't believe Morrissey is sick. I think he got plenty of publicity from being at the Garbage show and then just decided he did not want to do these shows.

When did he arrive in MC? It takes up to ten days for symptoms to begin after being bitten by an infected mosquito

Back
Top Bottom