More Symbol Stuff. :|

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
I know I said I was on Symbols Strike but I'd rather do this than go over a ton of old, sad letters alone so here you go.

4816401546_394164ea46_m.jpg

The Viva Hate cover, or Viva Heat as the case might be.

Now some classic heiroglyphics:

Eagle
4815777121_8670449c1c_t.jpg

Viper or serpent in general
4815777159_3e5f6568d7_t.jpg

So in the shadows of his nose and mouth are reflected the ghost of a an eagle suppressing a serpent, it's in his hands. Both animals are reptilian in nature, they lay eggs, etc. The Eagle is a raptor with a hooked bill for eating and tearing into prey, in the case of the one in the shadow, his head is turned like he's looking over his shoulder.

4815777537_79a7d259cb_m.jpg

Now what does this mean exactly? Lots of things. I don't have my books with me but I found a few references on the web. So there's this dude name Thoth. He's Egyptian and super old and crabby and a pain the ass but we love him all that. He is described as the following from this site:

The Egyptian scribe of the gods Thoth first introduced the concept of the 12-angled Planetary Grid. He is also credited in Egyptian lore with the invention of magic and writing. Freemasons also say that Thoth possessed all secret knowledge on 36,535 scrolls that were hidden under the heavenly vault (the sky).23 Thoth is described in the exact same terms as Chnoubis. He is part-man, part-serpent, part-bird.

Here's a picture:

blueap12.jpg

The bird and reptile are in the shadows, the man is who we listen to. His work delves into his struggle of wrestling with the very shadows on his face in order to attain union with himself. It's really that simple. But the fact that the bird trumps the serpent is important:

Eagles symbolize fire and lightning. According to The Woman's Encyclopedia Of Myths And Secrets (1983), by Barbara Walker, the eagle is a "Classic soul-bird, symbol of apotheosis associated with the sun god, fire, and lightning." The Eagle is the royal bird of Rome and Roman emperors had an eagle released over their funeral pyre to carry the soul to heaven. Greeks believed that the Eagle was representative of the lightning spirits and nailed them to the tops of temples as lightning rods. Zeus transformed himself into an eagle to carry his lover to heaven. Pagans associated the eagle with the rites, and called down 'fire from heaven,' in sacrificial rituals. Eagles are also symbolic of the soul of Heracles. According to Rowena and Rupert Shepherd in their book 1000 Symbols: What Shapes Mean In Art And Myth (2002), "The Eagle is often associated with nobility... The double-headed eagle, a solar symbol representing the absolute power of royalty and sky deities, was already familiar to the Mesopotamian Third Dynasty of Ur (2112-2004 B.C.E.), and it appears in the Hittite sanctuaries of the 13th century B.C.E. in central Anatolia." The Holy Roman, Prussian and Russian Empires would later use this as their imperial symbol (top left).

BirdSerpent.jpg

So anyway, shadow wrangling. Fun stuff. Kinda dark though, I once made a case that evil lives in the shadows. The redeeming factor of this analogy is the man himself is not in the shadow, just the subject of his frustration throughout the years.

Also note that Thoth has two pairs of legs. :p What a weird man. :rofl:

so you're saying Morrissey is a very spirital person?

Very interesting....I like it. You should meet my friend Charlotte, you would love her!

so you're saying Morrissey is a very spirital person?

Yes. And not to take away from this revelation I can't stop looking at his crotch on your sig pic. Dayum. :horny:

Anyway, my point is supposed to touch on SPIRITUAL symbolism, not Moz's monster cock. Now we all better hush before another group peels off and forms a third cock-free message board and only me and Morrissey are left here alone chatting about how the track order of Years of Refusal aligns in importance to the twelve planetary houses or some such thing. :p

Morrissey has a large cock, I am not saying this purely as its fantastical, but he does

Anyway, my point is supposed to touch on SPIRITUAL symbolism, not Moz's monster cock. Now we all better hush before another group peels off and forms a third cock-free message board and only me and Morrissey are left here alone chatting about how the track order of Years of Refusal aligns in importance to the twelve planetary houses or some such thing. :p

No, you seem to be forgetting that Morrissey doesn't comment on things that has to do with his music, daaahhhh!

:lbf: "Cock-free message board"

That sounds fascinating actually- tell us about that. Leave Moz's monster cock behind. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom