Morrissey – wikipedia entry

Tomi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morrissey

Don't ask me why, but I chanced on this recently.
Bearing in mind that this is wikpedia, the entry isn't so bad and relatively up to date.
But I am curious who actually edited it. And who is Ms Malpas? ... is Moz really still residing in Rome? (see Mid 1990s section).

Sorry if this is old news and been dealt with in previous threads.

I haven't read that one before so thanks very much.:)

Bearing in mind that this is wikpedia, the entry isn't so bad and relatively up to date.
But I am curious who actually edited it. And who is Ms Malpas? ... is Moz really still residing in Rome? (see Mid 1990s section).

Apparently she owns a skip company in manchester. So she's rich anyway!!

how could they have put him down as the supposed 'the creator of emo', that's so offensive, he's written and down so much, his claim to fame shouldnt be that :mad: Plus he's spawned alot of musical talent, emos the worst of it. and finally wasnt emo started in the 1980s by someone else (not the Smiths)

how could they have put him down as the supposed 'the creator of emo', that's so offensive, he's written and down so much, his claim to fame shouldnt be that :mad: Plus he's spawned alot of musical talent, emos the worst of it. and finally wasnt emo started in the 1980s by someone else (not the Smiths)

the origin of emo...wow now there's a topic. I don't know. I think people are quick to call The Smiths the godfathers of emo just because of the emotion and "whiny" esque perception people have of it.

Wikipedia isn't the most reliable source, but I would imagine Morrissey still resides in Italy, why on earth would he want to move? In a few interviews, I've come across he seems happier now then before, he says the food in Italy is wonderful, so I would anticipate he'll be in Rome for a while longer.

Emo core was out in the 1970's, this is the third wave of Emocore, many newer emo bands or "indie" bands have gotten their inspiration from Morrissey and like it or not, people like Gerard Way, Pete Wentz and others are fans of his music like us.

the origin of emo...wow now there's a topic. I don't know. I think people are quick to call The Smiths the godfathers of emo just because of the emotion and "whiny" esque perception people have of it.

Many regard The Cure as one of the founding fathers of the emocore movement, although the third wave of emocore is a cross between the 1980's goth scene mixed in with some pink and brighter colours and raves to all hours of the morning.

Emocore is a movement like Grunge, that was all the rage in the early 1990's and now emocore is the current trend and "scene" thing, before that it was being a goth, before that it was being a leftie squatting in empty houses in Villa Road wanting to overthrow the state, before that it was the birth of vegeterianism, woodstock, the Monkees and The Beatles.

I'm waiting for anticipation at what the next generation of teenagers will be interested in. :D

Back
Top Bottom