Morrissey accosted in Rome - police officer demands "papers" - Sam Esty Rayner Photography / FB

See Sam's lovely photography page: https://www.facebook.com/samphotog/

Last night at 7.45 on Via del Corso in Rome, the Police Officer pictured below terrorized Morrissey for 35 minutes demanding "papers". Morrissey had no papers.
The Officer then said "I know who you are." Morrissey replied: "I know the law, I know my rights, and you have no reason to stop me." The Officer shouted very loudly and a crowd of over 100 people gathered. The Officer held his gun throughout the confrontation. After 35 minutes, Morrissey walked away, and the Officer did not follow.
Morrissey says: "This was a deliberate act of terror by this Officer, who had no personal identification, but whose Polizia 113 motor-bike had the plate G2458. I had not broken the law or acted suspiciously. The officer unlocked his gun and held it as he screamed into my face. Some people came to my rescue. This happened outside the Nike store, and many people filmed the obviously insane officer. I believe he recognized me and wanted to frighten me. I did not back down even though I believed he was about to shoot me. I urge people to beware of this dangerously aggressive Officer. He might kill you."

40315_rome_police_officer.jpg

halt-mozzer-papers.jpg

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe when the police office said "i know who you are", he didnt mean he knew he was morrissey, but maybe he had mistaken him for someone else, someone the police wer looking for. did morrissey explain to him who he is and what his business is in rome? i mean, it's really hard to understand how the exchange went. saying "i did not back down" doesnt really tell us anything. what words were said? surely much more was said in the 35 mins this took place.

Is this part two of Morrissey getting his balls fondled by law enforcement? Part 1 was at LAX of course.

I thought it was San Fransisco, or was that part 2? :squiffy:
That idiot in Rome, asking for his papers and then claiming he knew who he was. :( Why asking for them in the first place, if he knew already? These so-called papers could only confirm what he claimed to already know.
Imbecile. :swear

After all the nice things Moz said and felt about Italy, it is a pity that one person may have ruined it for him. Of course that one lunatic doesn't change the fact that most people in Italy are probably perfect caring citizens.
why would anyone let one person ruin an entire city for them? isnt that what children do? "the whole day's ruined!" "the whole city's ruined!"

Sam Esty Rayner Photography:

The police officer who attacked Morrissey at 7.45 pm on July 4th in Rome, Italy, is named Barone Raffaele.

Hang on a minute :eek:
We've now gone from " accosted " to " attacked " :guitar:
And still we have no footage of the incident and the crowd of a hundred people filming it on their pocket camera devices.
I smell :racehorse::pileofpoop:.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

And on his hip you see a pistol. When you google image search Italian motorbike cop many images come up some with jackets of various kinds and some dresses just like this guy. If not a motorbike cop then what do you think he is
I have no idea who he is, but i do know he isn't a motorbike cop dressed like that. But I await the photos from the nephew showing the cop riding off singing "born to be wild".
I assume during this 35 minute incident the cop called for back up? Surely? Again, I await the photos and videos. Because someone would have approached the newspapers by now with this stunning evidence..... yet we are still waiting.... and waiting....
A professional (chortle) photographer at the scene for 35 minutes who can only come up with one picture that shows nothing to link it with the text it accompanies....
Something is not right here.....

Hashtag #MancLivesMatter
I think he's still seriously pissed off one of his shows in Manchester didn't get attacked.
This is just puss from that boil.

Awe poor precious. Let's hope it doesn't stop the moz being the smug self indulgent arrogant racist self pompous arsenal that he is so good at being.

I thought it was San Fransisco, or was that part 2? :squiffy:
That idiot in Rome, asking for his papers and then claiming he knew who he was. :( Why asking for them in the first place, if he knew already? These so-called papers could only confirm what he claimed to already know.
Imbecile. :swear

You might be right ... I remember something happening to him at LAX.

ACT OF TERROR VIGIL IN ROME.

Today @ 7:45 pm there will be a vigil on Via del Corso ( outside the Nike store. "This is the place" that Steve was accosted in an act of terror )
Please tell all yer "friends" on social media. A one off opportunity to keep Steve in the media, The Moz army has been mobilised and will be in full attendance.
Also don't forget Steve's new album recorded in Rome coming soon.
Tattooists are planning to give all their proceeds to the act of terror charity for every PENIS tattoo they etch.

#:heartssuit:ROME

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Reckon when the TSA agent simulated going down on him on his knees and "fondled" him was at SFO (San Francisco). Everyone knows good old Uncle Steve at LAX, so no crazy shiteeee like this happens.

Reckon wtf is Uncle Steve going to be the next Michael Jordan? What is the deal with him and Nike? Nike is losing huge amounts of money in the USA but reckon sponsoring kickball teams, Uncle Steve and Johnny Rotten is really thinking outside the box.

Last edited:
The Guardian using here (of all places ;) ) as a reference:

"Morrissey claims he was held at gunpoint by police officer in Rome

The singer says he felt ‘terrorised’ by the armed officer who he says detained him for half an hour and screamed in his face."

https://theguardian.com/music/2017/...as-held-at-gunpoint-by-police-officer-in-rome

I wish he'd save all this furore for when the album is ready.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
No, behind him we see a bike. Doesn't mean it is his. So he took his helmet off, his leather jacket off, his bullet proof vest off and then has a word with Morrissey? And then puts them all back on and rides off?
And all the while this is going on, we have one, just one photograph (and no video footage within 24 hours) that suggests nothing.

Look here: https://goo.gl/images/U4UiV4
It's the exact divisa the guy is wearing in the photo. It's a volante divisa so that is probably not his motorbike. So what? This guy is still a policeman. Also, they do not wear leather jackets in the summer or in the winter, what do you think this is, the village people? Also please notice there is loads of policemen stationed in via del corso due to the proximity of the questura centrale. Again I am italian and lived in rome all my life. I do not undersyand how you may want to claim this is fake. He has since the event released several interviews. The only thing I am sorry for is that, knowing him, he probably won't stand this and will be leaving. I don' t ble him at all.

Can I add one thing? I am a fan but it's my first time writing in here despite lurking for a bit. The comments I see here about him being weak, diva, an attention whore or a liar are disgusting and very unlikely for a fan board. I thought we all were here because we loved the man. Apparently I was wrong.

Rolling Stone have spoken to Sam, who has relayed to them Morrissey's statement that he is cancelling seven planned concerts in Italy because "it is not safe for me to be in Italy". Presumably, this means he is also knocking a half-completed album on the head.

Seems like he opened Pandora's Box. One day James Maker is backing up his probable disgust for the new movie and within 24 hours he's got a nutjob pretending to be a cop waving a gun in his face. Be careful with that double-edged sword, it's a nasty dick trick.

This story makes me wanna try and find the Carabinieri car that I have from when me and my parents went to Rimini and Venice in the early 80's.

alfa-romeo-alfetta-18-carabinieri-1973-118-lm099.jpg

I played ping-pong with the hotel waiter which sounds kinky somehow.

Seems like he opened Pandora's Box. One day James Maker is backing up his probable disgust for the new movie and within 24 hours he's got a nutjob pretending to be a cop waving a gun in his face. Be careful with that double-edged sword, it's a nasty dick trick.

Tell us more!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom