Morrissey actually has a bleeding ulcer; tour to resume Feb. 9 in Las Vegas - BrooklynVegan

UPDATE Jan. 29:

Joe sends the link:

Grapevine: Morrissey checks out of Royal Oak hospital - The Detroit News

Excerpt:

British singer Morrissey has been released from a Metro Detroit hospital and is expected to make a full recovery, his publicist said on Monday. According to publicist Lauren Papapietro, Morrissey checked himself into Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak on Friday. After undergoing tests, he was diagnosed with a bleeding ulcer and subsequently rescheduled at least six shows, she said.

"Morrissey is expected to make a full recovery and thanks everyone concerned for their support during this time …," Papapietro said.

Morrissey actually has a bleeding ulcer
- BrooklynVegan

Excerpt:

Following hospital treatment, Morrissey has been diagnosed with a bleeding ulcer and the upcoming engagements in Asheville, NC, Nashville, TN, Atlanta, GA, Lawrence, KS, Clear Lake, IA and Lincoln, NE will need to be rescheduled. Morrissey is expected to make a full recovery and thanks everyone concerned for their support during this time. The tour will resume in Las Vegas on Saturday, February 9. Patrons are encouraged to hold on to their tickets as all rescheduled dates will be announced within the coming days.

Morrissey apologizes greatly for any and all inconvenience and looks forward to continuing his US tour.

UPDATE 5:55 PM PT:

MORRIZSEY posted the link:

Morrissey's health condition diagnosed in Metro Detroit hospital forces him to reschedule tour dates - MLive.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear Moz knows what was ailing him. He should take some time off from touring and take it easy. He's been touring too much since Quarry. It has to take its toll on a man of any age. I hope he doesn't waste any time reading the bile and vitriol smeared on this forum by anonymous posters with more time on their hands than sense. Now I'm going to relax by listening to the excellent new solo album from Martin Rossiter (of 'Gene' fame). Life is too short to waste reading poison pen letters from people who use invisible ink when it comes to adding their names at the bottom of the letter.

Re: Article: Morrissey actually has a bleeding ulcer; tour to resume Feb. 9 in Las Ve

Now I'm going to relax by listening to the excellent new solo album from Martin Rossiter (of 'Gene' fame).

That is an absolute gem of an album.

Re: Article: Morrissey actually has a bleeding ulcer; tour to resume Feb. 9 in Las Ve

Is anyone calling to prank the nurse at the hospial? Please don't we don't need another death!!

Hello, wishing Moz a safe and quick recovery. Any news on Chicago's concert? :(

Looks like it's time for davidt to update the title tag from Morrissey-Solo.com - A Hateful Online Crèche to Morrissey-Solo.com - The Bleeding Ulcer.

For $87.50 a seat you better show up for the Denver show this time! We've been more than patient. I dont care if you're puking blood - get your ass on the stage or just retire and stop teasing us...

Everyone should demand there money back for the cancelled shows. Morrissey is only interested in our money.

I wonder where he is recuperating. He needs to find a nice quiet cottage in Michigan and lay low.

I wish Morrissey the best and for a speedy recovery. He's given me endless pleasure with his music and I will always be thankful for him.

For those who don't know how to do anything else but spit vitriol, all I can say is karma's a bitch.

**holds two finger toward the pc and casts mysterious Sicilian curse**

For those who don't know how to do anything else but spit vitriol, all I can say is karma's a bitch.[/I]**

A sentence that could so easily be directed at Morrissey himself.

I don't understand the hate. The man's in hospital, it's quite obvious that he's unable to do the shows. What do you expect him to do?

It's really sad that this site tolerates the utter morons that post such hatred about an artist that the site is meant to be dedicated to. Criticism is fine, but a lot of the posts are just downright nasty and not even saved by humour. But this is still the main site to go to for Moz news, so I don't believe it's too late to try and change things and get rid of the vitriol that spoils it for everyone else. Nowadays, its too often an unpleasant read.

Wow. You People are unbelievable! You should be ashamed of how hateful your words are! Glad for bid you or your family members come ill and people throw daggers that you like that! Morrissey has been brought great pleasure to our lives with his music! You should be ashamed of yourself Karma is a bitch! I wish MOX a speedy and good recovery even if he has to cancel all his shows his health is first

"Does she [Middleton] have a health condition? Is it anorexia or is it pregnancy? … I mean morning sickness already? So much hoo haw and then suddenly as bright as a button as soon as this poor woman dies she's out of hospital? It doesn't ring true. And I’m sure the Palace and Clarence House put maximum pressure on this poor nurse and of course that’s kept away from the press. I’m sure the British press hounded this poor woman to her death. That’s kept away [from the public] and by this time next week she’ll be forgotten, and that’s how the British Royals work."

- Morrissey, as quoted in the New Statesman, 14th December 2012.

I don't understand the hate. The man's in hospital, it's quite obvious that he's unable to do the shows. What do you expect him to do?

I bet he's not even pregnant!

Wow. You People are unbelievable! You should be ashamed of how hateful your words are!

Viva hate!

This. It's a bleeding ulcer, it's not just the sniffles and some of you people are still outraged. I think a lot of this anger is just misguided aggression, and even though it's no one's fault they have to lash out at someone so they go for Morrissey. It'd be nice if they could realize this before posting nasty, hateful shit, but whatever.

This. It's a bleeding ulcer, it's not just the sniffles and some of you people are still outraged. I think a lot of this anger is just misguided aggression, and even though it's no one's fault they have to lash out at someone so they go for Morrissey. It'd be nice if they could realize this before posting nasty, hateful shit, but whatever.

I agree, the poor bloke's in a spot here. On a lighter note, every time I come here and read about Moz's 'bleeding ulcer', I can only think of one thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVWjAeAa52o&t=2m13s

P.

I think this is the best website and "hats-off" to David for keeping it running. I could see why Moz gets the impression that it's so-low at times. However, Mozzer, free speech is good no? I hope you get better. The band really got hit hard by the flu. I miss Matt Walker...along with his Bro...what a force. Refusal is Your best solo record in my opinion. I don't want the Smiths to re-unite. Most of all...give this site a break...since '97 it has kept you...to a small extent...afloat. Get well.

Do you really not see the irony of a man who accuses others of feigning illness and being unnecessarily hospitalised being in turn accused of feigning illness and being unnecessarily hospitalised?

I believe he is genuinely ill and I wish him a speedy recovery, but if some here cannot see the sardonic amusement to be had by pointing out the bleeding obvious fact that he's quick to hand it out but increasingly sensitive about it being given back, then the average IQ of Morrissey fans has plummeted to new depths.

get well soon :)

strawberry

Tags
illness so on tour
Back
Top Bottom