Morrissey Bodyguard Lawsuit -- He Wanted Me to F*** Up Fan Club Honcho - TMZ

Re: Morrissey wants to harm DavidT according to former bodyguard

Somehow having trouble picturing Morrissey begging some random guy to work for him & generally having conversations with the hired staff. Good try Bradley but you made your Moz a little too chatty to be credible.

You know, if the dude puts up information showing how much Morrissey dislikes the site and David. I could see Bradley winning. Showing pictures of "f*** Morrissey-solo" and his lifetime ban on David. Judges can look at it and say well, it's possible.

i cant see him winning a lawsuit because he, morrissey, has said he dislikes the site and the operator. on what legal merits would he win the case? dislike of a person is not tantamount to conspiracy to commit murder/assault or even wrongful termination for lack of doing so? he cant even prove from what ive read that morrissey said anything of the sort through his manager. his manager is the one who he claims asked him this right, on morrisseys behest . people also seem to forget that part of it as well.

8x7zhk.png
Yes he is. Cockgobbler K NUT'S SUN

If this ever gets made into a movie...Donnie Knutson must be played by Paul Giamatti.

Thus far, there's not much to distinguish Steyn's lawsuit from any garden-variety, cash-grab lawsuit: Sue a celebrity with deep-enough pockets; and reasonably believe that the celebrity will settle rather than waste time and lots of money on legal fees. What's more, since Morrissey is a public figure, Steyn in effect is essentially shielded from any counter-suit since Morrissey would have to prove that any libel/slander was predicated upon "actual malice", a near impossibility to prove.

Thanks lawyer Aldebaran, but "actual malice" is not "a near impossibility to prove." Moz could easily prove the requisite element. Viva Moz with meritorious claim.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actual_malice

Thus far, there's not much to distinguish Steyn's lawsuit from any garden-variety, cash-grab lawsuit: Sue a celebrity with deep-enough pockets; and reasonably believe that the celebrity will settle rather than waste time and lots of money on legal fees. What's more, since Morrissey is a public figure, Steyn in effect is essentially shielded from any counter-suit since Morrissey would have to prove that any libel/slander was predicated upon "actual malice", a near impossibility to prove.

Not quite true. In California, there's Anti-SLAPP. This motion basically requires the plaintiff to prove his case right now without the benefit of discovery (providing that the complained of conduct somehow involved speech, which this case probably does). If Moz prevails, the plaintiff would have to pay his attorneys' fees. He can also go up and down the appeals' ladder. This is very much a "he said, he said" case, which will be difficult for the plaintiff (he has the burden of proof) unless he can produce witnesses.

he could claim that it negatively, the lawsuit itself, hurt his image and sue for potentially lost album sales and ticket sales. still a hard case to make but an easier one than the bodyguards but easier when everybody on his fan sites say they hate him for what this guy claims happened

Morrissey is an asshole. It seems like every week he tarnishes my love for his music a bit more. He really is an ungrateful shit. I feel really bad for David. I don't know the extent of their history but simply running a website that mostly just links to articles that anyone could find on Google doesn't warrant Morrissey's response. Morrissey is a mean old luddite who I've pretty much lost all respect for at this point.

I just this story TMZ Live. Has anyone mentioned that Morrissey is racist? He's called Chinese people a sub-species among other things said about others. I was surprised a Chinese guy is running this fan site. Not surprised Morrissey wants a Chinese person killed.

i cant see him winning a lawsuit because he, morrissey, has said he dislikes the site and the operator. on what legal merits would he win the case? dislike of a person is not tantamount to conspiracy to commit murder/assault or even wrongful termination for lack of doing so? he cant even prove from what ive read that morrissey said anything of the sort through his manager. his manager is the one who he claims asked him this right, on morrisseys behest . people also seem to forget that part of it as well.

The lawsuit is for wrongful termination -- of a JOB -- NOT a murder-for-hire plot. If this bodyguard had anything (evidence please), Morrissey would have been investigated and charged with a crime back when the guard alleges this happened. That he didn't report Morrissey to authorities will work against the guard if this, the wrongful termination, goes to court.

Morrissey is an asshole. It seems like every week he tarnishes my love for his music a bit more. He really is an ungrateful shit. I feel really bad for David. I don't know the extent of their history but simply running a website that mostly just links to articles that anyone could find on Google doesn't warrant Morrissey's response. Morrissey is a mean old luddite who I've pretty much lost all respect for at this point.

Me too. Any slander or negative criticism of Morrissey doesn't affect my opinion of him unless it's proven, but his response is so awful. He makes himself look so bad.

Back
Top Bottom