Morrissey disses Madonna in Israel

Playedsymphonies sends the post by Bitch at MadonnaNation:

Big Mouth Strikes Again - Morrissey Disses Madonna. - MadonnaNation Forums

Morrissey was performing this week in Israel and he gave an interview to one of the biggest newspapers here, in order to promote his show. He went on and on, when asked about M.

Here's my translation:

"I saw Madonna in concert a few years ago in L.A. and the wasteful distribution of everything extravagant meant to distract you from the fact that she has no talent whatsoever. No one from the crowd wanted to hug her. No one in the crowd wanted to come closer to her.

She's the most succesful scam in the history of music and she never got a single complement from a person with an actual integrity.

She's not funny, she has no personality. You look at the stage and sometimes you forget that she's even there... But she has an expensive PR machine, so she was probably heavily promoted in Israel, while I would be found in the gutter with my face down, for identification purposes."

Here's the video article at nana10.co.il.

Last edited:
surprised he never mentioned her voice,she has always been terrible live.

Not his first condemnation of Madonna. I remember he had a dig during the South Bank Show back in '87.

nothing new.. "Madonna reinforces everything absurd and offensive. Desperate womanhood. Madonna is closer to organised prostitution than anything else." Morrissey, june 1986

The secret diary of Stephen Morrissey$$$

Woke up and tried to write some wonderful, witty, wasp-ish song lyrics for a big attempt at a 2013 comeback ( Working title "The BIG push").
Anyway as always my quill refuses to write anything of interest so will try again tmrw (Yawn).
It seems Walker the walker has had a cunning plan and posted on that site!!!! The one that I told him and everybody else to FK!!! shall never speak of him again*. (*Must remember to turn fans against him)
That reminds me I need to find a new drummerboy, a drummerboy who is into domination, total dom, oh yes I will be able to dress and undress him and feed him lettuce and cheese strings. Will fax all my many showbiz contacts later with my dom needs.
Ring Julia to tell her to post a "statement" to announce I will be playing in Edinburgh as well as the previous "only UK" gig in Mancfister.
P. R.????????????? Hhhhmmmmm I need to get myself in the headlines more!!!!!! I am going to carry on pushing the silly comments theme by having a pop at the usual suspects (Wills/Kate/Royals/English/Obama/Falklands/Canada/Madge etc etc oh forgot to mention the meat eaters/industry !!!!!
Now then must ring some more UK venues it seems daft to have all the crew on the road just to do two gigs!!!! I could tell Julia to use some sort of line as "carbon footprint" in future "Statements".
Note to self* When I go on stage I will say "Good evening .............................. Why???? Because............Because we must!!!!!!!!The songs maybe OLD!!!!!!!!!! BUT we've got LOTS and lots of new T-Shirts and other merch in all sizes available at the back"
That reminds me I need to e-mail some designs off to the T-Shirt printers in Shudehill for the UK gig(s)

nothing new.. "Madonna reinforces everything absurd and offensive. Desperate womanhood. Madonna is closer to organised prostitution than anything else." Morrissey, june 1986

That's why his band goes on state in swimwear and Kristeen Young has her breasts half hanging out of her costume and the other woman was wearing a corsette on stage, which by the way, is very Madonna.

The only real message I see in this latest news is that Morrissey is letting his dogs like "smiler" loose once again. His overeager stalkers. And it is working as it always does.

I actually like Madonna a lot. Before I even knew who Morrissey was in the 1980's I listened to her music all the time. As well as Prince, too. And in my young mind I felt she was something rather new. She represented, to me, what a very strong and willful woman could do. That was before I knew anything about the women Morrissey loved so much. There are bands that he really cares for, but I don't like one bit. However, I'd never insult him because I care so much about his opinions and respect him for them. So...when he does this sort of thing it makes me feel bad. It makes me feel like he's saying to me that I have shit taste in music and very little integrity - which is far from the truth. I know he doesn't care for her, but if he dislikes her so much, why did he even go to her show in the first place?

I really love Morrissey more than any other SINGER/LYRICIST out there, and I love him so much as a person, but sometimes I wish he wouldn't be so harsh and degrading. :straightface:

Last edited:
Oh Moz! Are you still green with envy the Hollywood movie moguls didn't select you to play Evita Peron??? We hear that even Boz has a deal going to play Madonna, in the new film on her life. Yes, Alain Whyte will be in this film as himself and narrator of the film to provide juicy details.

so what? Frank Sinatra didn't write his stuff either

But ole' Blue Eyes had incredible voice - Simply Legendary. Madonna on the other hand ehhh... She lip syncs 95% in her live shows.

Actually, she co-wrote most of them. I'm talking about Madonna.
;)

Oh boy, I feel like telling a child Santa doesn't exist....
Every songwriter that has ever worked with Madge, admitted publicly she actually writes NADA, ZERO. Well wait ,she actually receives a complete song (lyrics and music) and then "change" a single line to make it hers. For example change a word in the lyric from 'said' to 'tell', from 'angry' to 'mad' and so on :D .
What's hilarious is she and her songwriters have stolen other people's songs for almost 30 years, going back to "Like a Virgin". Her career is full of plagiarism , and court cases where she had lost all the time against the true artists and compensated them. When being asked by the media, she denies she had any contribution to the stolen songs lol .
It's ironic how she attacks Lady Gaga for Born this Way since Express yourself is stolen too! the original song is called 'Respect Yourself' by The Staples Singers . Well Madonna doesn't respect herself or the audience :D ...
Take a look :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1II2nPmBZJk

P.S. surprise surprise Madonna is being sued (again), this time for her "Girls Gone Wild" single. Now she changed it to "Girl Gone Wild" (from plural to singular :D ). But the original artist is still not satisfied (obviously)....

if this is an accurate quote, it's more evidence that Morrissey needs to f***-off. he's beyond miserable at this point. Christ- why doesn't he find an easier target to make embarrassingly weightless criticisms of?

Don't have to look much further to see where he and Alain don't see eye to eye.

Moz is pretty much spot on in his assessment and I've never understood how anyone could be a Smiths/Moz fan and also like Madonna's offerings. They always seemed mutually exclusive to me.

"Not greatly gifted, not deeply beautiful, Madonna tells America that fame comes from wanting it badly enough. And everyone is terribly good at badly wanting things." - Martin Amis

Is anyone surprised? Madonna has all the charm of a dead baby seal, and is only kept afloat by hordes of middle-aged women trying to recapture their 80's glory. As usual, the so-called moz-solo fans are in line, croaking like ravens, hoping to get in a shot at Mozzer, but he knows there is a price to be paid ( that he so joyously pays! ) at being a contrarian; much to the dismay of the bovine public...

A lot of lyrics mention a specific place called "there". In "Like a Prayer," Madonna wants to take someone "there" when she's down on her knees.

And I quote:

Oh, you silly old woman
You silly old woman
You're making a fool of yourself
So get off the stage

Don't have to look much further to see where he and Alain don't see eye to eye.

Moz is pretty much spot on in his assessment and I've never understood how anyone could be a Smiths/Moz fan and also like Madonna's offerings. They always seemed mutually exclusive to me.

you need to grow up. There is a big wide world out there

"Not greatly gifted, not deeply beautiful, Madonna tells America that fame comes from wanting it badly enough. And everyone is terribly good at badly wanting things." - Martin Amis

Is anyone surprised? Madonna has all the charm of a dead baby seal, and is only kept afloat by hordes of middle-aged women trying to recapture their 80's glory. As usual, the so-called moz-solo fans are in line, croaking like ravens, hoping to get in a shot at Mozzer, but he knows there is a price to be paid ( that he so joyously pays! ) at being a contrarian; much to the dismay of the bovine public...

Madonna is loved by people of all ages. As for the croaking raven comment, I'd like to just say that I usually agree with Morrissey 98% of the time. I'd never take a shot at him. I'm just expressing my opinion.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom