Morrissey is a nasty human being

New post because I'm not sure I was clear in the last one: the point was everyone agrees the Holocaust was horrifying, especially when you think of the things I mentioned (experiments, soap, pillows etc). You think to yourself: this was more then genocide, they treated people like animals! And then you start to think - if I'm so horrified when people are treated this way, how come I don't have any sympathy for the animals who are treated this way?

New post because I'm not sure I was clear in the last one: the point was everyone agrees the Holocaust was horrifying, especially when you think of the things I mentioned (experiments, soap, pillows etc). You think to yourself: this was more then genocide, they treated people like animals! And then you start to think - if I'm so horrified when people are treated this way, how come I don't have any sympathy for the animals who are treated this way?

Most people can't empathise. I myself see the connection, but most people are unable to empathise with the pain animals suffer. Compassionate people do, but most most people only feel compassion for themselves, or at best, their immediate family. It's a select few who care about all living entities. I once heard a person describe themself as sensitive, despite the fact that they eat meat. But they cry at music videos, so I guess that makes them emotionally superior to me, since I only care about silly things like animal rights or famine in Africa.

I don't know, maybe you think animals are so extremely different to us and therefore it doesn't matter? do you have a pet? do you think that pet has feelings and some intelligence? would you like your pet to be hurt? would you cry if someone tortured your pet? would you defend it?

so what makes your pet so different to other animals? just the fact that you personally like it?

(the senctence 'treated like animals' is quite odd in itself. because it implies that it's ok to treat animals with cruelty. a very strange concept of justice which I want no part of.)

As I said, I don't want to discuss my decision to eat meat, I didn't want to get into this discussion in the first place, I just wanted to point something out to Chareth Cutestory. As for
(the senctence 'treated like animals' is quite odd in itself. because it implies that it's ok to treat animals with cruelty. a very strange concept of justice which I want no part of.)
That was exactly my point.

^^I just knew it as a famous saying by him, it turns out it's from a short story, The Letter Writer: "They have convinced themselves that man, the worst transgressor of all the species, is the crown of creation. All other creatures were created merely to provide him with food, pelts, to be tormented, exterminated. In relation to them, all people are Nazis; for the animals it is an eternal Treblinka."
While this is a character talking, Bashevis Singer was a very strong advocate of animal rights, so I think we can assume he felt this way himself. Anyway, even without the context, do you not see the parallels between the Holocaust and the way animals are treated? Not just the mass slaughter - I think what made the Holocaust different and more horrifying from all other cases of genocide was the fact that people were treated in the same horrible way we treat animals - experimented on, bodyparts used for products...
I understand what you mean - there is just a step between treating (other) animals that way and thinking it is allright because we are a superior race - and extending the same to the members of the human race. The principle is the same.

But, you know, there are still many people who need to first be convinced that it is NOT allright to kill other people - and I mean to kill perfectly innocent people, for no other reason than they are born into this or that ethnicity or religion. Before you even start convincing them that animals have the same rights as humans - you first need to convince them that other humans have rights!! :( As shocking as that sounds, it is true. And what's more shocking is that those aren't monsters, evil people, they are just ordinary everyday people, the silent majority, if you will. Which really makes you think about 'the banality of evil' - that it really isn't an aberration, that it is there with us, ready to raise its ugly head whenever the opportunity arises.

But, you know, there are still many people who need to first be convinced that it is NOT allright to kill other people - and I mean to kill perfectly innocent people, for no other reason than they are born into this or that ethnicity or religion. Before you even start convincing them that animals have the same rights as humans - you first need to convince them that other humans have rights!! :(
If I take your meaning right than I'm not sure I agree, that is, I don't think people who believe in killing people based on religion, ethnicity etc. automatically don't support animal rights - I don't think it's a matter of stages. However, if you meant that stopping senseless killing of people should come before stopping senseless killing of animals, I definitely agree (I know a lot of posters here feel otherwise.).

If Morrissey is the 'only nasty person in music', then why the hell did Tony Wilson appear on both the Jewel In The Crown DVD and The Smiths : The Ultimate Review DVD praising him? Very confusing......

If Morrissey is the 'only nasty person in music', then why the hell did Tony Wilson appear on both the Jewel In The Crown DVD and The Smiths : The Ultimate Review DVD praising him? Very confusing......

Because Tony Wilson, number one, believes Morrissey is a great artist, the distinction in his mind made clear by him saying Morrissey was a nasty human being, and number two, Tony Wilson would say just about anything so long as a camera was rolling and his public profile might be raised one scintilla higher.

jeeez - doesn't chareth have anything better to do in life than to rehash the same old crap over and over again? I mean - WHY do you think anyone over here is interested in the fact that you eat f***ing bacon? dude: we GOT the message - really. change the f... channel!

Agreed! Seriously - we don't care. Anybody who visits a site like this purely to antagonise people must lead a very empty life.
Yawn!
Next!

Agreed! Seriously - we don't care. Anybody who visits a site like this purely to antagonise people must lead a very empty life.
Yawn!
Next!

Let's not argue about who leads an empty life because they spend all their time on an internet forum.

You really showed me then though Imogen, well done.

Ok. I agree. The comment about Phil Collins was f***ing hilarious.

But why do people on here seem to think that Morrissey is the f***ing messiah. It's embarassing.

HE'S JUST A GUY, WHO WROTE SOME SONGS. YES, THEY WERE GOOD SONGS. THE BEST SONGS IN SOME CASES. THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOU HAVE TO AGREE WITH EVERYTHING HE SAYS!!!!!

BACON, AFTER ALL, IS REALLY f***ING TASTY.

Well, actually he is a "guy" that is WORSHIPED by millions, so in affect his fans have made him a god - and ALL gods are jealous and rathful to their disloyal servants.

you're being an ageist. my views won't change in 10 years. age has nothing to do with it. anyone with a functioning heart and an ounce of intellect can understand how cruel the meat industry is. you're going for primitive pleasures, pleasures of taste. which is fine, but not when someone else loses their life for it. i fear you may never find real pleasures of life if you base them on flesh of another living being...

having said that, keep eating your bacon and brown sauce.., you'll regret it after your clogg your arteries.... what goes around, comes around....and i hope it catches up with you when you're chasing your little grandson around the tomatoe garden with an orange wedge in your mouth...

I have to say, duchess, Im 30 and have the same views as you. My only regret in being a veggie is that I didnt do it earlier! If anything, you being veggie at a younger age and having so much compassion for animals...well I think that puts you ahead of the game fore sure!

Hope you choke on your bacon.
you make me sick.

Another day, another person "who so cares for all of god's wittle cweatures" hoping that someone dies because they have a different opinion. I'm really confused how someone can be so dim that they can't understand that the second bit contradicts the first.

Oh the irony.

Pork scratching?

I'm a vegetarian and have been since I was 10, I dont use animal tested products and am obviously against fur. However I just feel animal testing for medical purposes is different, I've had so many different people dying of cancer around that you do get desperate for a cure. I just don't feel animals are as precious as humans it's my opinion of course, and I completely respect Moz's and anyones else opinion and one of the reasons I love him is that, he expresses it.

Back
Top Bottom