Morrissey on Janice Long this week

Quite interesting (even peculiar) choises of songs from Morrissey.

Definately. Why does he always choose Morning Starship by Jobriath? It's getting really tedious but then again I'm not particularly fond of Jobriath.
My favourite was Goodbye Cruel World by James Darren. :)

Serge Gainsbourg and Jobriath are often played during intermission of Morrissey gigs.
Morrissey also chose those two songs in May 2004 Virgin Radio Razorcuts show.

Interesting, I did not know/remember that.

It's a beatiful image of how Morrissey drives around by himself and listens to The Pretenders-song. Very captivating lyrics. Something to relate.

My favourite was Goodbye Cruel World by James Darren. :)

That was my favourite too. :) Quite Moz-like lyrics. Or, perhaps best to say Moz has James Darren-type lyrics, seeing as James was first.
Its a bit like ''Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now'', in that its a very woeish sounding title, but the song isn't so, its jokey. I'd like to hear Moz cover it :D

I'm recording it to mp3 from Listen Again, how long was Morrissey on for?

I'll upload the mp3 if anyone wants it, and if that is allowed on here?

Thank you very much for your kind offer.

Would you be able to upload it on downloads/bootleg forum, please? :)

Just listening to the Moz interview now and am loving every minute of it. Its great because I can fast forward to Moz talking.

Boy oh boy, as a scouse girl I am chuffed at all his references to my home town....sckiverpool (probably meant skiver-pool :() Ringo and the Capital of Culture row....Phil Redmond.....and best of all his reference to Janices moist cheeks about 'Scottie Road' OMG he said Scottie Road, I thought ony us scousers referred to it as that.....I luv ya Moz :p:p

I was completely made-up when he kept mentioning Liverpool! And, mentioning Scottie Road, that made my day :D Maybe he only knows of 'Scottie' though 'cos he likes Cilla and that's where she was from :p

Tags
janice long radio
Back
Top Bottom