Morrissey photos

Sonny Jim

Steven Patrick Morrisey in in 1970s.

Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 20.37.46.png

Mozza with hearing aid - a fashion accessory?

'- after wearing a hearing aid on Top Of The Pops in 1984, Morrissey was accused of mocking the afflicted. It was true that there was nothing in the song (Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now) to give any clue as to why he was wearing the device . It transpired, however, that rather than an act of mockery, Morrissey was actually sending a sign to a deaf fan - which was big of him, because a lot of bands, what with aural sensation being their business, wouldn't admit to having a fanbase among those who couldn't hear.' [source: The Guardian :eek:]

6aeed4d0bd5875f80cd6130822ec8013.jpg

Last edited:

'- after wearing a hearing aid on Top Of The Pops in 1984, Morrissey was accused of mocking the afflicted. It was true that there was nothing in the song (Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now) to give any clue as to why he was wearing the device . It transpired, however, that rather than an act of mockery, Morrissey was actually sending a sign to a deaf fan - which was big of him, because a lot of bands, what with aural sensation being their business, wouldn't admit to having a fanbase among those who couldn't hear.
I can assume that it was self-irony. in the style of the album "Beethoven was deaf")

'- after wearing a hearing aid on Top Of The Pops in 1984, Morrissey was accused of mocking the afflicted. It was true that there was nothing in the song (Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now) to give any clue as to why he was wearing the device . It transpired, however, that rather than an act of mockery, Morrissey was actually sending a sign to a deaf fan - which was big of him, because a lot of bands, what with aural sensation being their business, wouldn't admit to having a fanbase among those who couldn't hear.'

View attachment 92240

That. And maybe because Johnnie Ray wore one.

Was that the Ivor Novello awards, if my memory is serving me correctly? Happy to be corrected!
No, that was in 98 or something. I think he wore that tight-ass t-shirt! This picture is probably from 04.

Back
Top Bottom