Morrissey Sighting - back in blighty

Dave2006

Got a text from a friend this morning "Friend at pub quiz in Stamford Arms in Bowdon last night. Morrissey was there!"

Alas, no photo proof, but I've no reason to doubt my mate, or her mate who saw him.

I wonder if his team won the quiz :)

Dave

I saw him. he signed my bona drah t-shirt and my live in dallas dvd. he was so charming and lovely but i froze and said nothing of note. he was at in the corner of the stamford arms looking fantastic. he had previously been at the griffin where my friend got photographic evidence.

I was only in Bowdon four weeks ago. How close I was to meeting him! Ah well, if I bump into him in Costellos in Altrincham I'll be sure to get him a pint of East Indian Pale Ale - superb drink.

I saw him. he signed my bona drah t-shirt and my live in dallas dvd. he was so charming and lovely but i froze and said nothing of note. he was at in the corner of the stamford arms looking fantastic. he had previously been at the griffin where my friend got photographic evidence.
Great to hear you met him anon.

It would be lovely to see your mate's photos

Dave

Great to hear you met him anon.

It would be lovely to see your mate's photos

Dave

Yeah, I am considering writing about the experience since it was a lifetime ambition and it went horribly wrong.

I'm not sure if this will work but here is the link to his facebook page which has his Morrissey pic on it. it's taken as he was leaving the griffin on foot to the stamford. https://www.facebook.com/amccann1

In other news, I have just had an article published on the New Statesman website which looks at Cameron's approach to the arts. Take a look if you get chance. http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/cultural-capital/2012/03/arts-british-cameron-thorpe

how did it go horribly wrong?

I just didn't say anything of any worth. the evening before I had read his latest statement, yet i didn't ask him about the tour. i didn't tell him that art hounds and Scandinavia are 2 of the best songs I've heard or ask him about a record deal. i didn't tell him that the lines 'it's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind' changed my life for the better. i didn't even thank him for the music.

He signed my bona drag t-shirt and dallas and hulmerist dvds whilst i sat shaking like a leaf. i then asked if he would be interested in being interviewed by me and he said 'no' and i left. He was incredibly nice as you would imagine but yet I flunked it. The amount of times I have been through what it would be like to meet him and when it happened I froze!

I just didn't say anything of any worth. the evening before I had read his latest statement, yet i didn't ask him about the tour. i didn't tell him that art hounds and Scandinavia are 2 of the best songs I've heard or ask him about a record deal. i didn't tell him that the lines 'it's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind' changed my life for the better. i didn't even thank him for the music.

He signed my bona drag t-shirt and dallas and hulmerist dvds whilst i sat shaking like a leaf. i then asked if he would be interested in being interviewed by me and he said 'no' and i left. He was incredibly nice as you would imagine but yet I flunked it. The amount of times I have been through what it would be like to meet him and when it happened I froze!

Did you have those items for him to sign in your car? Or did you hear he was down there and ran home and got them?

Flubbing up the big meeting happens to the best of us. :D Congratulations, must've been a thrill!

It's not a test mate. You met him and he was nice. That's more than most of us will get :)

I fear for him getting thrombosis from all that flying at that old age. Air miles for elderly can be a killer.

Urbanus

Did you have those items for him to sign in your car? Or did you hear he was down there and ran home and got them?

Flubbing up the big meeting happens to the best of us. :D Congratulations, must've been a thrill!

Shamefully, I heard through Twitter that he was in The Griffin, so I quickly put a bag of assorted merchandise together for him to sign. I then drove very quickly down the lanes and when I arrived he had left on foot. So went to the next pub along and there he was.

he didn't sign everything i took. He said 'can I be relieved now' in typical Morrissey fashion after signing the 3 items. it was a thrill but I would have loved to have been able to say something....anything.

Shamefully, I heard through Twitter that he was in The Griffin, so I quickly put a bag of assorted merchandise together for him to sign. I then drove very quickly down the lanes and when I arrived he had left on foot. So went to the next pub along and there he was.

he didn't sign everything i took. He said 'can I be relieved now' in typical Morrissey fashion after signing the 3 items. it was a thrill but I would have loved to have been able to say something....anything.

I'm kinda loving that he's a pub crawler. :p

morrisey was in the Stamford arms on 25 march..Quiz night .He was sat on the table next to me.
His table was cordoned of a la A lister.
One of his promo c.d.s Viva Hate was on our table ,my Dad put his pint down on it ,thinking it was a beer mat ...anyway I bagged it.
He didn't stay for the quiz ,but went to sit in a quieter part of the busy Stamford Arms .
I believe he was in Manchester for a funeral ,sadly.

From
Tina. In Sale

Back
Top Bottom