Morrissey t-shirt with the queen in 2015 tour merchandise / @morrisseygang image

Re: Morrissey tshirt with the queen "The more you ignore me, the closer I get"

Take them to the cleaners. It's your work, you made it clear your terms, and if what you say is accurate, they've ridden rough-shod over your wishes. If you need legal advice, let me know, I'm married to a lawyer.

P.

*EDIT* I note it's not exactly the same image. There's a different queen. Hmm. Not sure. I'll ask for you. But I would have thought that there's a clear line of communication, they took your idea, they are making money from it, and you are not.

Last edited:
You can't copyright an idea. Simple as that, sorry.

If it's any consolation, your Photoshopping skills are superior to those of the Mporium graphic designer. WTF is up with that speech bubble's placing on top of the main MORRISSEY logo? Totally amateur-hour...

I thought the same thing; the original is amusing because it looks like some of the royals are checking out Morrissey's 'merchandise', and the t-shirt design is poorly done. As for the legal issue, I have to agree with those who've suggested that the use of the copyrighted Moz image without permission could be the reason that no compensation was made. I asked a graphic designer that I know and he said that eventhough the idea was original, if permission wasn't given to use the photo, than it would technically be copyright infringement (in Morrissey's favor) if it was used commercially . Personally, I would just be over the moon if I saw my work on a Morrissey T-shirt, but that's me

lynnda

The NME are reporting it with no mention of the copyright brouhaha on So-low, only calling it "Morrissey sells t-shirt with picture of himself posing nude next to the Queen."

http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/83521

The OP ripped off Moz, and the t-shirt company representing Moz turned around and ripped off the OP. No one's original anymore.

Well, all of the band members wore the shirt at the gig before last, except Moz.

nottingham1.jpg

wpinoyb4.jpg

did this in 45 minutes and i actually own the copyright of 2 elements in the image... i am not trying to sound like an ass... but... if i spent hours on this and my soul and heart in it, i mean...

45 minutes .. all i am sayin... includes taking the picture of my sugar glider

Take them to the cleaners. It's your work, you made it clear your terms, and if what you say is accurate, they've ridden rough-shod over your wishes. If you need legal advice, let me know, I'm married to a lawyer.

P.

*EDIT* I note it's not exactly the same image. There's a different queen. Hmm. Not sure. I'll ask for you. But I would have thought that there's a clear line of communication, they took your idea, they are making money from it, and you are not.

Best "article" I've ever read on this website and probably the last. How do you accuse someone of stealing their own photo? getting pretty desperate around here.

View attachment 33890

did this in 45 minutes and i actually own the copyright of 2 elements in the image... i am not trying to sound like an ass... but... if i spent hours on this and my soul and heart in it, i mean...

45 minutes .. all i am sayin... includes taking the picture of my sugar glider

The tail over the handlebars is a nice touch.

It is much more an ethical rather a legal issue.

It is much more an ethical rather a legal issue.

Not at all. Everyone is inspired/influenced by all manner of things on a daily basis. It's not a legal issue, period.

In any case, it's a bit rich for a site like this to start talking about ethics...

Not at all. Everyone is inspired/influenced by all manner of things on a daily basis. It's not a legal issue, period.

In any case, it's a bit rich for a site like this to start talking about ethics...

Morrissey's graphic designer just happened to be inspired by someone else's idea. Classy.

£25 selling price, so that's what - £22 profit per shirt sold? I wonder how much they will make altogether.
Look on the bright side. Thanks to you, Morrissey's 5 star hotel bill will be paid for a couple of nights on this tour. :)

Normally the venue takes 25% of sales for letting them sell it inside their venue.

you know what Adam,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I wholeheartedly agree with your comments re the 'type' of T shirt available on the Mporium site (do like the England is mine one however!)

In other bad-graphic-design-choices news...

11073117_1203537336342384_7764347304468936058_n.jpg

P.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Shut your mouth you stupid old bag of dirt.

Unless this person owns the picture of Morrissey AND the picture of the Queen, how is the concept or execution their property in the first place. They indicated that they were not professional in their response to this company, who you want to see ruined, but who in fact showed more ethics that most t-shirt would in asking.

I have some sympathy for the artist, who is not in it for the cash, I realize, but you can't play the part of the artist until you get ripped off and then suddenly become the businessman. That ship sailed. When someone wants to buy your idea, and you don't really own the rights to it yourself, consider yourself lucky, and say the dollar amount you want. I'm sure the response they got made them say, "f*** it, they don't own this. I tried to do the right thing. f*** it. We'll do it ourselves."

Perhaps, but it shows that Morrissey's design team doesn't respect the intellectual property and by extension the integrity of the original artist. The guy sounds like a douche looking for a buck, that hatch job probably took less than five minutes to paste together, but the people PROFITING from the spirit of the image should follow the unspoken rule of dumdums who don't slap a copyright on an image to NOT rip it off. At the end of the day it makes Team Morrissey look like a bunch of money-grubbing scumbags.

- - - Updated - - -

He created an original collage. Ask Linder for details on this issue.
So did they. And it's hilarious that you think they don't respect intellectual property when they TRIED to make an offer. This is one reason that most companies would have never contacted the "original" artist in the first place. They did make an effort.

Tags
mfl morrissey mporium the queen tshirt

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom