Morrissey's best solo album?

Which is your favourite Morrissey album?

• Viva Hate

Votes: 20 13.1%
  • Kill Uncle

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Your Arsenal

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Vauxhall And I

Votes: 53 34.6%
  • Southpaw Grammar

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Maladjusted

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • You Are The Quarry

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Ringleader Of The Tormentors

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Years Of Refusal

Votes: 12 7.8%

• Total voters
That's just fine. Better than seeing the Frink thread at the top all the time.
I don't really ever see it, since I have that thread on ignore.

if i did that, then there would go about 90% of GD :cool:
ok, back on topic, for Kewpie's benefit
i have noticed that YATQ(the album i voted for) seems to get fewer and fewer votes in these polls :(
at first i thought it might mean people dont like it as much as they use to :eek:
you know, like a marriage after the honeymoon phase is over :straightface:
but now i just think that most of my fellow YATQ lovers have just been smarter than me & no longer vote in these polls anymore :thumb:

Bump

It's rather quiet in here.

Pachinko asked about Your Arsenal and Soputhpaw Grammar, in this poll only one vote difference.

My choice is Ringleader, really hope next album will be produced by Tony Visconti.

This was a close race for me. I have very fond memories of Viva Hate, because it sounds so Smiths like, but I really think Vauxhall is the better of the two. :thumb:

vauxhall and I!

1.Southpaw Grammar
2.Viva Hate & Vauxhall and I
3.Your Arsenal
4.YATQ
5.Maladjusted
6.Kill Uncle
7. ROTT
8.YOR

1. Your Arsenal
2. Vauxhall and I
3. Viva Hate
4. Ringleader of the Tormentors
5. Southpaw Grammar
6. Kill Uncle
7. Maladjusted
8. Years of Refusal
9. You Are the Quarry

Up until recently my answer would have been Your Arsenal. However, I think now a days I would lean more toward Southpaw. And not to sound like some newbie who doesn't know what they are talking about, but Years of Refusal, to me, sounds just about perfect. The new/louder direction is grand in my opinion. I think it was just what he needed and I think he knows that.

3 way tie option???

You Are the Quarry
(incredibly hot on its heels) Your Arsenal
Vauxhall & I
Years of Refusal
Ringleader of the Tormentors

Viva Hate
Maladjusted
Southpaw Grammar

Kill Uncle

I'd almost say the first 5 are tied for the top three spots, the next three are more or less tied for 4th, and Kill Uncle is, like, 87th, at best.

I agree w/ Skinner that the rock songs that make up Years of Refusal are a great direction for Moz and his current band; it makes perfect sense. But I do think that You Are the Quarry absolutely holds its own, in and out of the context of Morrissey's entire solo career.

That said, I always grab "Bona Drag" to listen to in the car, above all the actual solo albums.

--jeniphir

Viva Hate, definately. It's not even a hard decision for me...

Oddly enough, I was listening to Viva Hate and thought about you, I was wondering whether you liked that album or not, considering it's not terribly close to the hardcore et cetera from what I can hear. I don't know why, but you just popped into my head and I wondered!:p

Back
Top Bottom