Morrissey's U.S. Tour Cancelled - Pitchfork

@kiasuchick and modrevolve send the link:

Morrissey's U.S. Tour Cancelled - Pitchfork
By Mark Richardson on March 15, 2013 at 09:40 p.m.

Following several reports of Morrissey cancelling shows due to illness, Moz has officially cancelled the remainder of his North American tour. A press release reads:

The remaining dates of the Morrissey U.S. North American tour have officially been pulled down due to medical reasons. The singer has suffered a series of medical mishaps over the past few months including a bleeding ulcer, Barrett's esophagus and double pneumonia.

Despite his best efforts to try to continue touring, Morrissey has to take a hiatus and will not be able to continue on the rest of the tour. Morrissey thanks all of his fans for their well wishes and thoughts. Refunds for the remaining shows are available at point of purchase.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
So according to KY's facebook page (where she mentions concern for his health for the first time ever as it helps her seem more sensitive) Morrissey didn;t have the willpower to make the shows happen. :straightface: She basically says he failed the fans. Oh wait, I mean her "tour partner" failed the fans.

Sometimes you can be quite sensible and other times you fall into the worst that this site has to offer. Can you not take her statement as it was intended. Or is it just 'bash KY time' again?

Ryman Auditorium has it listed now. Bam! Looks like a trip to Nashville to return these tickets. I'll scan them first so I have evidence of the "Concert That Almost Was". *sigh*
imoksmiley.gif

At 8 a.m. this morning, only Philly was canceled on TM, the other two have trickled in slowly over the afternoon. The other San Fran show (resched for 5/1) isn't listed on Pitchfork either. Don't panic, all the refunds will come. I have tix for DC too and figure it's just a matter of time all the shows show up as cancelled on TM. On StubHub they've all been deleted.

Oh no I am not worried about not getting my refund from ticketmaster. I am certain that if it is cancelled I will get it.

I was just irrationally holding out hope that maybe Morrissey had decided to cancel all of his tour dates, save for one, and go out with one last hurrah. Obviously that's silly, but is it really so strange?

I was just irrationally holding out hope that maybe Morrissey had decided to cancel all of his tour dates, save for one, and go out with one last hurrah. Obviously that's silly, but is it really so strange?

We'd have been there with you...I had front row via TM. :thumb:

Oh Moz, I really wanted to see you on tour this time, but what I want even more than that is for you to be healthy and happy. Rest well, maybe stay away from the Internet for awhile. Come back physically, mentally, creatively and spiritually renewed. We'll see you then.

And for all the d!cks slamming him for this, perhaps you will someday know the isolation and depression -- not to mention the physical challenges -- that come from being seriously ill, then on top of that to have the bottom feeders/Ordinary Boys and Girls kick you while you're down. The only way you could be this cruel is if you have never personally experienced this kind of hell.

Morrissey seems to have had at least a little religious faith and stepped out in faith, hoping to be well, only to be unanswered/unrewarded. I'm not a believer myself, but I understand this kind of desperation. I'm sure he didn't continue with the tour just to screw over his fans. I'm glad I had a chance to see him on his last tour and I look forward to the next one.

You and me both! I was scouring the tour lists and they were still up this morning, so I was beginning to think it was just a hoax since Pitchfork was the only one reporting it.

FROM t-t-y:

U.S. tour

16 March 2013

U.S. tour

There are no plans to continue with the present U.S. tour due to Morrissey's ongoing medical problems, and dates will not be rescheduled. Morrissey is bitterly disappointed with this decision and he apologizes to everyone who has been inconvenienced.
"It takes a lifetime to find the right words, and at the moment, I haven't got them. I've been a colossal pain where this continuously unpredictable illness is concerned, and now the physical limits have been reached. The tour had, in fact, been fantastic for all of us - a new slice of life full of concentrated power. The audiences everywhere have given so much, although I know that neither of us will ever receive our due. I hope this isn't the end, and I hope there will be other chances, minus the heavy burden of illness. Knots of grief today, but full of resolve for tomorrow." Morrissey, Mexico, 16 March.

Sometimes you can be quite sensible and other times you fall into the worst that this site has to offer. Can you not take her statement as it was intended. Or is it just 'bash KY time' again?

PITY ME!!!!!! Thats what it is, not a heartfelt message. Wake up.

Amie,

her message is one of love and hope. It's for him but also for the audience. She is upset, worried and she's expressing her sympathy and concern - who the f*** wouldn't?
For someone who hates her SO much you do stalk her an awful lot...

Your hate for her seems odd to me. You are far too obsessed to be taken seriously.

I hate to judge someone I don't know (unless they're a war criminal or a serial human rights abuser) and online communication can leave it difficult to decipher both tone and intent, but that message did strike me as a tad bit self-absorbed. I don't find it as outrageous as you do, but I do find it...odd and almost uncouth. It's hard to put my finger on it, but it seems cold and detached towards Morrissey (MY TOUR PARTNER) and self-pittying.

Ugh. How shall I celebrate turning 38 now? Any other 80s musicians not sicked out?

I think about how he carries so many individuals paychecks on his back. His band, his crew, KY, etc. If he gets sick, he can't just call in a sick day like some of us. I know most people are close to homelessness if they miss one day of work. If he is really ill, he doesn't have long term sick leave either. Which really sucks. Most people in the world today are stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to health and making a living. This makes me feel for him and how he has tried whole heartedly not to cancel his shows until now. Instead of speculation about reasons, I am counting my blessings and support and love him.

Amie,

her message is one of love and hope. It's for him but also for the audience. She is upset, worried and she's expressing her sympathy and concern - who the f*** wouldn't?
For someone who hates her SO much you do stalk her an awful lot...

Your hate for her seems odd to me. You are far too obsessed to be taken seriously.

When TTY offered no answer to the cancellations i looked there. Sue me for being investigative. Anybody can look at her Facebook. There's no love or hope there. Look back at her posts. In sum she thinks Americans are failed Europeans (unless they're telling her how beautiful and talented she is) and that Tony is the cat's meow because Bowie's new album is a chart topper. Is she even aware Moz just rickrolled Bowie? Or was she too busy trying to figure out how to weasel herself into other artists success since she's kinda not getting there on her own? The only card she plays is the pity card. I'm not buying her nourishing bit at all. If only Morrissey had the will power not to be ill, then HER tour could continue.

time to bash her again. she's made for it and seems to ask for it. i read her statement. it seemed heart-felt, but not sincere...too much 'feel sorry for me' thing going on.

I completely disagree. I have communicated with her on a few occasions now and she has always been incredibly kind. The fact that she even takes the time to write heart felt messages to her fans is admirable in my opinion. I think you hate her because of the old cunnilingus remark. As embarrassing as it may have been for him, if Morrissey found it in his heart to get over such statements (which was more than likely a joke), so can you.

As someone with lung problems, I was very worried to hear Moz had double pneumonia. I can't imagine the exhaustion he must be experiencing. He's really pushed himself and I worried he might have fluid in the lungs. Well, I do hope he takes care of himself and he really shouldn't be alone.
Much love al hombre mas lindo.

;) Rockabilly Chola

And for all the d!cks slamming him for this, perhaps you will someday know the isolation and depression -- not to mention the physical challenges -- that come from being seriously ill, then on top of that to have the bottom feeders/Ordinary Boys and Girls kick you while you're down. The only way you could be this cruel is if you have never personally experienced this kind of hell.

Oh, so if people complain about this tour, which features the latest in an incredibly long list of cancelled concerts by Morrissey, then they are "bottom feeders"??? Listen, anonymous, why don't you get an account here, and then go to hell.:angry:

Oh, so if people complain about this tour, which features the latest in an incredibly long list of cancelled concerts by Morrissey, then they are "bottom feeders"??? Listen, anonymous, why don't you get an account here, and then go to hell.:angry:

I'm not getting into this with you. Now go spread "joy" -- the crèche needs you.

When TTY offered no answer to the cancellations i looked there. Sue me for being investigative. Anybody can look at her Facebook. There's no love or hope there. Look back at her posts. In sum she thinks Americans are failed Europeans (unless they're telling her how beautiful and talented she is) and that Tony is the cat's meow because Bowie's new album is a chart topper. Is she even aware Moz just rickrolled Bowie? Or was she too busy trying to figure out how to weasel herself into other artists success since she's kinda not getting there on her own? The only card she plays is the pity card. I'm not buying her nourishing bit at all. If only Morrissey had the will power not to be ill, then HER tour could continue.
So....you went on there to check for info regarding the cancellations yet you also read her comments regarding Americans being failed Europeans. Come on...you clearly are far too involved in what she posts for somebody who doesn't care for her.
I've read so many dreadful comments you've posted about her on here ...in different threads....and its safe to say... you have issues.

Back
Top Bottom