Morrissey's Vegetarianism

Oviously Morrissey is a vegie, but he drinks alcohol wich has been filtered using animal extracts, does this mean he contradicts himself or what. Im not having a go at him as im a veggie myself and still drink alcohol, any1 else?

Oviously Morrissey is a vegie, but he drinks alcohol wich has been filtered using animal extracts, does this mean he contradicts himself or what. Im not having a go at him as im a veggie myself and still drink alcohol, any1 else?

I always wondered whether he was ignorant of animal extracts in things like these. Somebody-tell him! Come out t'show dem!

I always wondered whether he was ignorant of animal extracts in things like these. Somebody-tell him! Come out t'show dem!

I don't think he can be ignorant of it, it's just a tricky thing to get around like buying shoes. Until recently it was quite hard to get hold of vegatarian shoes (especially decent looking ones), then again alcohol isn't a necessity........damn this moral maze!

I think it is a case of we can only do what we can do......

If I am buying wine, I get it from my Co-op as they not only do Fair Trade, but it is also veggie too.
If I am at one of the many freebie events that I go to, I sup the wine like there is no tomorrow.......no questions asked (well it would be a shame to waste it:D)

Same with beer......

I dont eat meat / fish / or by products on any other food / drink item and I don't wear any leather / animal products..... but when it comes to alcohol....... mine's always a large one:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

I'm not a vegetarian but I think the tactic of accusing them of hypocrisy because they use products that might have exploited animals is invalid and dishonest.

I'd imagine unless you live in a cave it's impossible to live without exploiting animals in some way, because the whole of our society is based upon it.

I don't think he can be ignorant of it, it's just a tricky thing to get around like buying shoes. Until recently it was quite hard to get hold of vegatarian shoes (especially decent looking ones), then again alcohol isn't a necessity........damn this moral maze!

It would be hard to be ignorant of it all. There is alcohol that doesn't use the fish bladder or whatever it is for filtering it. There was a blog about it on the happy vegetable a while back, can't find it now though.

But now there are no more Vegan Doc Marten's!!!:tears:

There's only so far you can go. Vegetarianism is all very nice, but if you're really going to impare your own life by virtues such as veganism etc etc then that's no real way to live.

Oh, and I couldn't live without Rosé wine.

i couldn't live without meat. and if anyone expects me to give up beef monster munch on a sunday, well they can f*** right off:eek:

There's only so far you can go. Vegetarianism is all very nice, but if you're really going to impare your own life by virtues such as veganism etc etc then that's no real way to live.

Impare?:p Haha. And it's against his views which he often expresses to intake or wear anything with dead animals in it, so he is being hypocritical!

Ben
My mate Jim has been vegan since 1985 (apart from the dish I made him 10 years ago that had milk in.... I didn't see that on the label:o) and he has a ''real life'' to live.

Go to your local Co-op / Late Shop. They have a brand of Fair Trade wine including Rose (how did you get the dash on top of the letter 'e'?)

Jukebox Jury

i couldn't live without meat. and if anyone expects me to give up beef monster munch on a sunday, well they can f*** right off:eek:

the beast,
I was going to invite you round for Xmas dinner at my place, sharing a nut roast:sweet:;)

Jukebox Jury

monster munch are vegetarian. and beef? ew. pickled onion all the way.

Completely agree. I find it particularly strange that many of the vegans I know just substitute animal products for products like soya, the production of which is in many cases causing irreversible environmental damage through deforestation. The same with quorn (veggie's not just vegan) which is alright now but used to use battery chicken eggs in its products. People need to be aware of the implications of their wider vegan/vegetarian diet. It's not a case of not eating meat = superior ethical being, nor is it the case that drinking alcohol which uses animal products negates the effect of not eating meat.

Mozzer also eats cheese and ice cream and wears leather shoes and belt and has leather car seats and leather seats in his home.
As for the dairy, those animals aren't always killed. Some dairy farms are kind to the animals. And as for the leather and beer... hmm.... I dunno. Whatever.

Completely agree. I find it particularly strange that many of the vegans I know just substitute animal products for products like soya, the production of which is in many cases causing irreversible environmental damage through deforestation. The same with quorn (veggie's not just vegan) which is alright now but used to use battery chicken eggs in its products. People need to be aware of the implications of their wider vegan/vegetarian diet. It's not a case of not eating meat = superior ethical being, nor is it the case that drinking alcohol which uses animal products negates the effect of not eating meat.

How many Irish soya beans were withdrawn due to health scares this week?:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

monster munch are vegetarian. and beef? ew. pickled onion all the way.

the old pickled onion before walkers got their mits on them in 1994 were boss, not todays. saying that they've changed the recipe and banged them in the old style bag so mustn't grumble:guitar:

Mozzer also eats cheese and ice cream and wears leather shoes and belt and has leather car seats and leather seats in his home.
As for the dairy, those animals aren't always killed. Some dairy farms are kind to the animals. And as for the leather and beer... hmm.... I dunno. Whatever.

How do you know he has leather seats in his car and home?

Jukebox Jury

Morrissey used to get people putting notes on his car calling him a hypocrite, didn't? Then, he said he wears pleather. Not leather. And the jumpsuits he wore pre-Quarry were definitely fake leather!

Back
Top Bottom