Mozzer's Quotes

GirlAfraid23

On performing live

I think it's the only time in my life I feel right. I'm not sure if I even exist off-stage (2007)

On the future

I don't want to go on much longer, really. I think that would suggest a lack of imagination (2009)

On his legacy

If I were knocked down tomorrow by a passing train, I would be considered the most important artist ever in the history of English pop music. That's just a rough guess (1991)

On being worshipped

I can understand it when somebody writes to me by every post, and sends me their underwear, and feels that enormous degree of painful obsession. And I wholly encourage it (1987)

On having his Man United hat stolen as youngster

I thought, "It's a very cruel world, I'm not prepared for this." And I decided to get my revenge on society (1988)

On animal rights

In China, cats and dogs are skinned alive for the fur industry. Come, come, nuclear bomb (2005)

On race relations

I don't think black people and white people will ever really get on. The French will never like the English, the English will never like the French. That tunnel will collapse (1992)

On being vegetarian

I can't bring myself to sit at any table where flesh is eaten. Unless, of course, it's human flesh (2005)

On George Michael

If he had to live my life for five minutes, he'd strangle himself with the nearest piece of cord (1988)

On passion

For me, going into Ryman's [stationery shop] is the most extreme sexual experience one could ever have (1985)

On wearing fur

It's always women who wear fur - never men. Men invent wars, women wear fur (2006)

On self-belief

If a plane crashed at 38,000ft, within 10 minutes I'd be walking [safely] on the ground. And if there were eight survivors and one had to be eaten, it wouldn't be me (1997)

On the height of his fame

I could've hosted The Generation Game. Or 3-2-1. I could've done anything in 1984 (1986)

On his target audience

The audience I am trying to reach are champion figure skaters. I think they need me the most (2006)

Look - I understand that you are an enthusiastic newcomer, but a search through past posts would serve you well before you post as you have been doing tonight. I'm not trying to put you off, just suggesting that you might avoid getting responses saying that it has all been done before if you searched the forums using the Search function before you posted.

It's nice to have passionate posters here, and that you might have a lot to say that's been waiting years to be said, but my suggestion to you is this - search before you post, and try not to post a lot off different topics very quickly - it tends to annoy.

Cheers,

Peter

Look - I understand that you are an enthusiastic newcomer, but a search through past posts would serve you well before you post as you have been doing tonight. I'm not trying to put you off, just suggesting that you might avoid getting responses saying that it has all been done before if you searched the forums using the Search function before you posted.

It's nice to have passionate posters here, and that you might have a lot to say that's been waiting years to be said, but my suggestion to you is this - search before you post, and try not to post a lot off different topics very quickly - it tends to annoy.

Cheers,

Peter

Sorry, I just havent posted on here before and thought i'd post these as I found them quite funny...

Sorry, I just havent posted on here before and thought i'd post these as I found them quite funny...

It is a good idea, but as Uncle Skinny says these kinds of threads have been set up before.

Welcome by the way!!

Love PTxx.

Does all this mean there's a nother Quotes Thread? I mean a QUOTES THREAD.
Where? Maybe some of us are really stupid when it comes to searching...

I myself would LOVE a quotes thread. If it's dead we should bump it.

Thanks GirlAfraid23 ;)

I just felt it was worth logging in just to say a big thanks to girlafraid23

It was a joy to read them over and I think one of the most important things missing here is the pure joy and fun of coming into contact with just about everything Morrissey ever said or wrote, without having to search archives, wasting time not knowing if it would be there?

It's better than talking to most people :rolleyes:

I just felt it was worth logging in just to say a big thanks to girlafraid23

It was a joy to read them over and I think one of the most important things missing here is the pure joy and fun of coming into contact with just about everything Morrissey ever said or wrote, without having to search archives, wasting time not knowing if it would be there?

It's better than talking to most people :rolleyes:

thank you so much for this. It means alot

I had done a quick search of the threads...but didnt see these quotes, just thought you guys might appreciate seeing them again, sorry to have caused problems

I had done a quick search of the threads...but didnt see these quotes, just thought you guys might appreciate seeing them again, sorry to have caused problems

You've not caused any problems, and I probably over-reacted. Glad to have you on the team.:thumb:

Peter

No problem caused, definitely not, and thanks once more :)

not that anyone asked me :p but i dont think you over-reacted :o
however, if you sent her a sternly worded pm :eek: that might be a little much :crazy:
but i dont think you did :)

Not at all

Not at all

Thanks for the quotes GA23. I like rereading them. :) I think Peter got in an argument with a bunson burner and lost this morning so he's crabby. Crabby chemist. But he's a good guy. :)

Thanks for the quotes GA23. I like rereading them. :) I think Peter got in an argument with a bunson burner and lost this morning so he's crabby. Crabby chemist. But he's a good guy. :)

Utter bullshit. I spilled some Diethanolamine on my hand this morning. Nothing to do with a Bunsen burner. Facts. Only facts.

Peter

uncleskinny,am i right it was your voice on the one show with the moz fan tribute section,,you said something about you can never see moz doing an ad for butter,,,i have watched this one show clip a few times and if it is your voice its been bugging me for a few days who your voice sounds like,,and it just came to me,,you have the voice of the guy who does watchdog,nicky campell you could do his radio show as a stand in when he is sick,,just thought i would get this totally useless info off my chest,,steve,

Back
Top Bottom