'My Dearest Love' Discussion...

Re: My Dearest Love

I wouldn't hold my breath for a US release. Maybe there will be a Japanese one, they have released b-side compilations before.

So, you are in Germany? Are the two other versions containing "My Dearest Love" and "Drive-In Saturday" already available there?

So, you are in Germany? Are the two other versions containing "My Dearest Love" and "Drive-In Saturday" already available there?

I have no idea. I don't have a record player, so I didn't look for them. I didn't have the time to go through all the shops, anyway.

At the risk of pissing you all off, I'm dying to know how you all manage to survive without a turntable on which to listen to your vinyl? I simply could not do it. And almost nothing sounds better than digitized Moz, crackles and all. :D

My vinyl "collection" lives in the spare bedroom at my sister's house. Although, she's about to have a baby, so I may have to foster the collection at my house. Her husband won't like that.

Yes, I am a philistine. Good thing my good friend has a USB turntable and a generous spirit and knows I bought the vinyl legally. (Yes, I stress that. If you don't have access to the vinyl and download illegally instead, then I say you should pay to download a track you already own or something so Moz still gets his cut. I don't steal from anyone.)

At the risk of pissing you all off, I'm dying to know how you all manage to survive without a turntable on which to listen to your vinyl? I simply could not do it. And almost nothing sounds better than digitized Moz, crackles and all. :D

I've never listened to vinyl in my life as far as I'm aware, certainly not something I'd consider buying.
I am from the CD generation, :cool:
Vinyl is a bit of a kooky collectors item in my eyes. I can understand that people like it, but I'm not going to go and buy an out of date system just for Morrissey lol

Yes, I stress that. If you don't have access to the vinyl and download illegally instead, then I say you should pay to download a track you already own or something so Moz still gets his cut. I don't steal from anyone.

I have downloaded the digital B-side from iTunes, and will buy the CD single for Children In Pieces - but I'm not going to pay for something I already have.
If they WERE available then I'd obviously buy them, as they're not I'll have to rely on the kindness of strangers.

I totally agree with that. Mozzer deserves to be paid for all he does. If those people love him as much as they say they do they wouldn't be stealing from him.

I prefer Vinyl even though my collection is tiny. I think it forces you to sit down, relax, take out the lyric sheet and really pay attention to everything in the songs. While with a CD you tend to load it onto your computer and do other things while you're listening to the music. I do it all the time and I really shouldn't!

I like Vinyls as well but that being said can someone just spare us the pain and put up the two remaining b-sides?

hoping to get mine tomorrow if i do i will try my best ... cant wait to hear them

That was the whole point of the original post. We buy it. It comes. It serves as paperweight as the vast majority of us don't have a USB turntable to copy the track onto a PC.

As I'm typing this, my eyes are wandering over to the rack upon rack of Morrissey CD's I have (I used to have cassette tapes!). I think I've put several of his pets through college. It's a vinyl single song b-side. I'm not going to purchase a USB turntable just to convert one song.

I put the lyrics for this on the 'new single shipped' thread yesterday, but here they are again. If I knew how to put it on youtube I would and I have no idea how to 'rip'....sorry:confused:

These tears I'm wailing
I spill not without reason
remove them my dearest love
my...........
Take me, to the place I've been dreaming of
Where the grotesquely lonely meet the grotesquely lonely
and they whisper
just very softly
Please be mine Dearest Love
Be my dearest love
Be my dearest love

I have hung on , hung on, hung on for one hundred years
For someone to shake me someone to wake me
if necessary someone to break me
My dearest love
My dearest love
My dearest love........
My dearest love
My dearest love
My dearest love..........

thank you. :) oso knows how to put it on youtube :p
heheh I am kidding, you all know I am a passionate supporter of BUYing Morrisseys stuff, and even though I do not have a record player, I buy all the singles vinyl.

No, you could do as I'm doing. Buy it anyway, then download illegally yet not immorally. Do you want to make Moz cry? I didn't think so.

I'd rather not buy it and show them that vinyl doesn't sell anymore!
Sure, I'll support Morrissey in every way I can - but not to have useless antiquated trinkets lying around my house.

I've bought the digital single, and will buy the CD today. Then I'll have to be crafty.

I recorded it. It's shit quality and i don't know how to upload it so it's proberally best you wait still someone know's what they are doing records it.;)

I think its amazing! excellent song, musically and lyrically. ordered the 3 part bundle thing from recordstore, but it's delayed so rushed to town this morning to grab an extra copy of this 7". not disappointed.

"i have hung on, hung on, hung on for one hundred years....."

brilliant!

Upon first listen, again, it's the same old theme as of late - forced vocal melody that doesn't flow well upon the music melody. The lyrics are short, cliche and move nothing inside of me....
It's been a while since a new Moz song actually moved me to listening to it all the time.
Last ones were Quarry B-sides. I mean musically and vocal melody wise - Ganglord was amazing - but lyrically it was very un-relatable to me.
It's almost as if Morrissey is in a melody rut not an asian.

I mean musically and vocal melody wise - Ganglord was amazing - but lyrically it was very un-relatable to me.

Of course that doesn't stop a song being good...

I really like this actually. The sound is of course not perfect but voice sounds very powerful. The melody is strong and I like the instrumentation.
Thanks to the uploader!

Back
Top Bottom