New Tracks/Album - Questions

To a different poster:
Re: Moz not forgiving Gary Day for the "die wanker" carving...that incident was in the mid-90s, well before Moz let Gary re-join the band. How do you explain Gary being let back in since '97? I'm sad that he's not touring with Morrissey anymore.

I know it happened in the mid-90's...about 1994 to be exact. But what better revenge than to hire him back, pretend to forgive him and then fire him again right when he has a kid and needs the money?

I think that says more about the way your mind works than Morrissey.

I'm not the one who ripped off my bass player and drummer for royalties.

I'm not the one who fires band members with post it notes stuck to their windshield.

I'm not the one who didn't pay Steven Street money for producing and writing my music.

I'm not the one who didn't pay some of the band and crew on the 2002 tour.

I'm not the one who constantly backs out of tours and concerts (simply because I feel like it or because I didn't sell enough tickets) and then blames it on ignorance, sickness, or 'burst plumbing pipes'.

I'm not the one who lies to another musician about having to be at an appointment after they nix my idea about putting skinheads and a bulldog in a music video and then never contact them again.

I'm not the one who tells one of the Gallagher boys (Noel or Liam, not sure which) I'll show up at his party and then don't, then slip a letter under his door with my phone number on it, and then when they call it be someone else's phone number.

I'm not the one who promised Tony Visconti that he'd produce my next album all the while working with Jerry Finn on recording new songs and new singles all while badmouthing Visconti to his girlfriend.

I'm not the one who has said 'f***', 'shit', 'ass' and sworn death on people during my concerts yet booted out my opening act because they said I gave good 'cunnilingus'.

I'm not the one who doesn't bother to ask back band members who have been with me for over a decade back on the tour after they take a break.

I'm not the one who replaces band members permanently after they decide to take a break.

Morrissey certainly isn't the most rational, upstanding, honest, or nicest person in the world. He's proven for years that he is a very bitter and unforgiving man when he feels he has been spurned...What makes you think he isn't capable of such things? Because he's Morrissey? Because he puts out good music? Are you trying to say Morrissey is above 'revenge'? If anything, that just goes to show how naive you are...

"Shoes similar to Boz Boorers seen in Rack Room newspaper ad". So my apologies, I dont read the main page.

Hee hee hee hee.......

I'm not the one who fires band members with post it notes stuck to their windshield.

I'm not the one who didn't pay Steven Street money for producing and writing my music.

I'm not the one who constantly backs out of tours and concerts (simply because I feel like it or because I didn't sell enough tickets) and then blames it on ignorance, sickness, or 'burst plumbing pipes'.

I'm not the one who lies to another musician about having to be at an appointment after they nix my idea about putting skinheads and a bulldog in a music video and then never contact them again.

I'm not the one who tells one of the Gallagher boys (Noel or Liam, not sure which) I'll show up at his party and then don't, then slip a letter under his door with my phone number on it, and then when they call it be someone else's phone number.

I'm not the one who promised Tony Visconti that he'd produce my next album all the while working with Jerry Finn on recording new songs and new singles all while badmouthing Visconti to his girlfriend.

I'm not the one who has said 'f***', 'shit', 'ass' and sworn death on people during my concerts yet booted out my opening act because they said I gave good 'cunnilingus'.

I'm not the one who doesn't bother to ask back band members who have been with me for over a decade back on the tour after they take a break.

I'm not the one who replaces band members permanently after they decide to take a break.

Morrissey certainly isn't the most rational, upstanding, honest, or nicest person in the world. He's proven for years that he is a very bitter and unforgiving man when he feels he has been spurned...What makes you think he isn't capable of such things? Because he's Morrissey? Because he puts out good music? Are you trying to say Morrissey is above 'revenge'? If anything, that just goes to show how naive you are...

i love the b52's .kate pierson is f***en fresh!

wow you sure do take a lot of things that Morrissey has supposedly done to other people quite personally.

It's not personal...just facts. Try to read and comprehend better next time...mkay?

Regardless of if they are facts or not, what the hell is it to you? Maybe if he said he'd be at your party and not show that's something, but if he bails on the Gallaghers ... so what?

"You see I'd love to love Morrissey's music, he has a great voice, great lyrics, but he didn't turn up at the Gallagher's place so .. y'know.."

Also, Visconti's production of "Ganglord"...you can't really hear it on the B-side track so well but Alain is doing TONS of guitar work in there that just doesn't come through because the synth, bass, and drums are SO loud...

With all due respect, I believe that Boz and Jesse are the only players in that song (at least credited). It, like the other b-sides on that single, were recorded with new drummer Matt Walker -- presumably before the start of the Ringleader tour.

The obvious reason for the culling of Alain and Gary is that from a marketing perspective it looks much better to have Morrissey surrounded by a young and energetic band.

Doesn't explain why Boz is still there though.

The obvious reason for the culling of Alain and Gary is that from a marketing perspective it looks much better to have Morrissey surrounded by a young and energetic band.

Doesn't explain why Boz is still there though.

Yes, because Morrissey always uses his band in all the marketing doesn't he. :rolleyes:

What nonsense.

Nonsense?

What I mean is, when Morrissey plays on TV or festivals, on his music videos (which the band regularly appears in), it makes him look more relevant and fresh to have a young band around him, rather than making him look like an aging act.

Nothing nonsensical about it.

It's really annoying that people are attempting to justify Jesse Tobias' "writing ability" by saying out of the new batch of songs one of his (All You Need Is Me) was voted the 'best'.

That is just moronic on so many levels...

It is stupid to match two songs that are already released on an album, have been played live for the past year, and have been performed on late night talk shows (All You Need Is Me, That's How People Grow Up) up against songs that have not yet been released/recorded, have only had limited live performances, and have not been played on television (I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris, One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell, Something Is Squeezing My Skull*, Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed)

Most people don't download bootleg live songs...and if they did, they would find no clear and quality recordings exist of these songs anyway. I'm sure there is also a large number of people who didn't even get the chance to see Morrissey live post-ROTT and aren't familiar with ANY of these songs at all.

So to match up released songs with songs most people have never heard of, of course they are going to choose the one they know best...which makes it simply a poll between 'All You Need Is Me' and 'That's How People Grow Up'...and sadly, there is no contest there.

Musically, 'All You Need Is Me' isn't even anywhere near written as layered as 'That's How People Grow Up'...and that's saying something considering Boz Boorer wrote a stinker with 'That's How People Grow Up'. The only thing about 'All You Need Is Me' that stands out is Morrissey's lyrics, and his melodic singing...

*Was played on Jonathan Ross

Agreed, and as I have said, I dont really have much against him, and I do like his songs on ROTT but I dont think hes written enough to start heralding him as a great Moz songwriter. I'm sure half the elements in the songs he did write were suggested and added by someone else anyway. I think people here may defend him side with him because on web forums theres always someone who has to go against the grain and argue the topic. I dont think Jessies horrible, but I dont think we would miss him if he was to disappear like we would Alain or Boz.

According to Alain, to this date, he has yet to be asked to tour with Morrissey.

And as far as Gary goes, I imagine he won't be back either...I'm sure Morrissey has never forgiven his "die wanker" note he left him...

He left a "die wanker" note for Moz? Thats hialrious! Insulting and not very smart, but thats pretty funny. Atleast hes got some balls, Moz should respect that. When did he do this?

Morrissey fired Gary Day from the band in 1994 due to Gary's drug use. In response to this Gary went to Morrissey's house in the dead of night and carved the words 'DIE WANKER' on his front door...

ok, that just answered my previous question. yes, thats brilliant! No, I'm not saying I agree with anything he did but we've all wanted to do that to our boss so good for him! Ive heard Moz has got some very strict rules for everyone on the tour to follow. If I was some semi-young punk rockabilly bassist and I was traveling around the world, staying up late, getting up early, etc, etc, I would be in a cocaine, rum, and Sam Adams stupor the entire time, no doubt about it. But Die Wanker, I love that.

Morrissey fired Gary Day from the band in 1994 due to Gary's drug use. In response to this Gary went to Morrissey's house in the dead of night and carved the words 'DIE WANKER' on his front door...

And what else was Moz going to do besides fire him? Kick his ass? Probably not a good idea unless it was a battle of wits, so firing him was good, even though he should have just laughed it of, isnt Moz known for scrawling little things here and there?

Back
Top Bottom