Norm MacDonald Laughter Accolades

Hey @rifke. Was kinda wonderin' that since ya been
listenin' to so much Norm stuff, has it had any
complementin' inspiration on your writin'?
well, the current novel im writing isnt really a comedy! also, it only has room for one canadian (namely it's heroine!! (based on me!!)). so, not so far! but in the future maybe it will. one of the reasons why i always wanted to be a writer is to be able to imbue my writing with all the people that i love.

thanks for the background, Turk! i didnt know that adam wasnt a comedian (it's true what verso says that i hardly knew anything about norm before any of this :o). i thought he was and that that was just his shtick because he plays the role so well!

Adam is or was the manager of the Comedy Store, so he's
got the background but he just ain't a performer.
Ya just might be right there rifke and maybe Adam is doin'
some shticky stuff.
Adam's definitely a good sport about it.

It was funny how Norm would always give Adam bad jokes
then Adam would deliver the jokes with no comedic timin'.

well, the current novel im writing isnt really a comedy! also, it only has room for one canadian (namely it's heroine!! (based on me!!)). so, not so far! but in the future maybe it will. one of the reasons why i always wanted to be a writer is to be able to imbue my writing with all the people that i love.

Even if ya ain't writin' a comedy, ya still have lots of joy to yourself,
so there'll probably be some good time feelin' involved.
Do ya like to makes references in your writin' rifke?

Even if ya ain't writin' a comedy, ya still have lots of joy to yourself,
so there'll probably be some good time feelin' involved.
Do ya like to makes references in your writin' rifke?
sure i do, wildT! i like to make references to other writers works or to movies. im interested in the idea of a character going on a mind odyssey involving deconstruction and solipsism, so there wont be too much good time feelin' in my current novel (although it will have a happy ending). i put the dramatics into my writing, and the good time feelin' into my demeanour! i think it's in my everyday life that norm inspires me most! because, you know, before this i was starting to feel a bit down on myself for not living my best life--which is unusual for me, normally i dont care about success and things like that--and norm with his lovely unpretentious spirit restored me to myself by making me not care again, by making me realize that a good sense of humour and a good spirit is the most important thing, and f*** those cocksuckers who think otherwise.

Adam is or was the manager of the Comedy Store, so he's
got the background but he just ain't a performer.
Ya just might be right there rifke and maybe Adam is doin'
some shticky stuff.
Adam's definitely a good sport about it.

It was funny how Norm would always give Adam bad jokes
then Adam would deliver the jokes with no comedic timin'.

i like adam!! he's definitely a good sport!! what IS the comedy store? he must have felt awfully lucky when norm chose him to be his sidekick!

sure i do, wildT! i like to make references to other writers works or to movies. im interested in the idea of a character going on a mind odyssey involving deconstruction and solipsism, so there wont be too much good time feelin' in my current novel (although it will have a happy ending). i put the dramatics into my writing, and the good time feelin' into my demeanour! i think it's in my everyday life that norm inspires me most! because, you know, before this i was starting to feel a bit down on myself for not living my best life--which is unusual for me, normally i dont care about success and things like that--and norm with his lovely unpretentious spirit restored me to myself by making me not care again, by making me realize that a good sense of humour and a good spirit is the most important thing, and f*** those cocksuckers who think otherwise.

Is ya heroine gonna be a reliable narrator or is she gonna
get a little tricky with the details?
Guess ya could also have her comin' to a place of realization
and candor. It's gettin' me kinda interested.
I like happy endings!
Happy to hear that Norm has helped give ya a real life good
time feelin'!
Do it the bunny way!

i like adam!! he's definitely a good sport!! what IS the comedy store? he must have felt awfully lucky when norm chose him to be his sidekick!

The comedy store is a comedy club.
Guess that's where Norm and Adam meet each other.
Got kinda excited when Norm did the quarantine show and said
he was thinkin' of gettin' the podcast goin' again.
Guess things just didn't work into a favorful conclusion. :cry:

"you know what i stopped eating? bat." :lbf:

between the 90's and now, norm changed so much. really shows how short life is. :(

Is ya heroine gonna be a reliable narrator or is she gonna
get a little tricky with the details?
Guess ya could also have her comin' to a place of realization
and candor. It's gettin' me kinda interested.
I like happy endings!
Happy to hear that Norm has helped give ya a real life good
time feelin'!
Do it the bunny way!
my heroine is not going to be a narrator at all! there's going to be an omniscient narrator.... i think. i played around with it and it seems that that's the best way!

i dont generally like dirty jokes, only when norm tells them, cause he tells them kind of different, so that the whole thing takes on a ridiculous quality that is in itself hilarious

kinda bummed that calling it ‘the Tom Hanks disease’ didn’t catch on.

my heroine is not going to be a narrator at all! there's going to be an omniscient narrator.... i think. i played around with it and it seems that that's the best way!

Do ya decide beforehand what way ya gonna go or does
this stuff have to reveal itself durin' the writin' process?
I know I'm just sittin' here and casually askin' ya all these
questions, but that stuff sounds like a hard and engagin'
process. 🕵️‍♀️

Do ya decide beforehand what way ya gonna go or does
this stuff have to reveal itself durin' the writin' process?
I know I'm just sittin' here and casually askin' ya all these
questions, but that stuff sounds like a hard and engagin'
process. 🕵️‍♀️
it is f***ing hard, wildT!!!! its like having to create a geometrical shape out of nothing and you dont know what it's going to look like, you just know that all the sides have to be in harmony with each other and that it cant look like any other geometrical shape!!

i plan it out beforehand, wildT. i used to think that i could just wing it but when i try to do that, i find myself sitting there blankly not knowing where to go.

wish he wasnt sucking on that e cigarette the whole time! what year was this film, wildT, do you know?

Jan. 9 2014 is listed as the air date and it's supposed
to be a live show.
Never tried a e cig myself, but my friend told me that
he always gets a new flavor (they come in flavors like
cherry, etc) and he loves the flavor for a few weeks and
then the flavor becomes disgustin'.

Tags
norm macdonald
Back
Top Bottom