Only two women get mentioned

on YoR, and they both end up committing suicide.

Just an observation.

Mama, Lay Softly On The River We wait for she dies , but mama never dies

Why do you think she is laying on the riverbed? Just a pasttime? :lbf:

It is a somewhat interesting observation; I never really thought about why 'mama' DOES do it :confused: It seems kinda like giving up in the face of those 'spare priggish moneymen' and 'pigs in grey suits.' And if she had a son to support, why would she take her life, leaving him alone?

Hmm. Any thoughts? I can't quite seem to figure it out :squiffy:

"Why did you do it?"
"We will be safe and sheltered in our graves"

I'm not sure how you could think she is still alive.

I think the Carol death is more speculative as a suicide but I'm going to take the lyrics "The rescue nobody ever comes" to be evidence enough for me.

Why do you think she is laying on the riverbed? Just a pasttime? :lbf:

It is a somewhat interesting observation; I never really thought about why 'mama' DOES do it :confused: It seems kinda like giving up in the face of those 'spare priggish moneymen' and 'pigs in grey suits.' And if she had a son to support, why would she take her life, leaving him alone?

Hmm. Any thoughts? I can't quite seem to figure it out :squiffy:

I think "Mama..." can quite easily be read as a belated sequel to "Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together"...

I think "Mama..." can quite easily be read as a belated sequel to "Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together"...

Well I'm not sure.."Angel" is someone's son or daughter ('made your parents cry') -- and Mozzer even said that song is about JMarr -- whereas "Mama" is a parent :confused: Maybe I'm just thinking too hard :rolleyes:

Well I'm not sure.."Angel" is someone's son or daughter ('made your parents cry') -- and Mozzer even said that song is about JMarr -- whereas "Mama" is a parent :confused: Maybe I'm just thinking too hard :rolleyes:

"Marr, Marr.... why'd you do it?" :D

*dodges rotten fruit*

:lbf: I'll never hear that song the same way again.

Tags
merry&faithful
Back
Top Bottom