Pasadena, CA - Cruel World Fest (May 14, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Irish Blood, English Heart / Disappointed / Knockabout World / Billy Budd / Never Had No One Ever / Alma Matters / I Am Veronica / The Loop / First Of The Gang To Die / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Little Man, What Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Half A Person / Suedehead / Jack The Ripper / Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of FWD, @Flibberty & setlist.fm

• Link posted by Surface:

• Links posted by Famous when dead.

16994-d23c81db1bb8afd530303028e8d6cdaa.jpg

Last edited:
On another note, Morrissey’s energy was off tonight IMO. I know he’s typically bashful, humble, whatever you want to call it, but he really seemed like he didn’t care he was there. No band introduction again either.
God without being there and because of the few images that I saw and that they transmitted to me, I felt that boredom not only because I compared it with the previous recital that was great for several reasons, but because something strange I felt when I saw Moz, I can not explain it, like everything seemed cold and distant to me

Little Man, What Now? footage will be interesting. What I heard was a seemingly direct dig at Marr regarding Salford Streets.
FWD.
“Back to the sad streets of Salford wheee you came from”
He sang the same line on Thursday as well.
JM ain’t from the cathedral city 🫠

Not the most appropriate of set lists to play for that festival crowd imo, but I guess that's typical Morrissey.

A few hits, obviously, but I'm sure that crowd would have killed for some Smiths singles.

Also, a noticeable lack of energy in that Suedehead performance.

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Irish Blood, English Heart / Disappointed / Knockabout World / Billy Budd / Never Had No One Ever / Alma Matters / I Am Veronica / The Loop / First Of The Gang To Die / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Little Man, What Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Half A Person / Suedehead / Jack The Ripper / Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of FWD, @Flibberty & setlist.fm
Morrissey looked hawt AF tonight. I’d do him.

Super fun night. I miss that cute f***er. Super loving the indie country arrangement of The Loop. I haven’t heard that yet. A+!

Morrissey looked hawt AF tonight. I’d do him.

Super fun night. I miss that cute f***er. Super loving the indie country arrangement of The Loop. I haven’t heard that yet. A+!
:lbf:I can't say I didn't have the same thought

On another note, Morrissey’s energy was off tonight IMO. I know he’s typically bashful, humble, whatever you want to call it, but he really seemed like he didn’t care he was there. No band introduction again either.
I think it was hard to top both Blondie and Bauhaus who were on before him. Blondie’s show was energetic and fun. Bauhaus were completely intense. Compared to them, Moz was a bit lackluster. I had to leave halfway through Moz’ set as my friends weren’t into him and they drove.

His voice is really off in Suedehead and he said something about a goat voice the other night, maybe he's not feeling well. He walked off the stage once when I saw him because of voice problems and he sounded perfect, did quite a few songs. He came back a few weeks later and gave us a whole new show for free.

I think it was hard to top both Blondie and Bauhaus who were on before him. Blondie’s show was energetic and fun. Bauhaus were completely intense. Compared to them, Moz was a bit lackluster. I had to leave halfway through Moz’ set as my friends weren’t into him and they drove.
They don't have good taste.Y.. if Morrissey isn't for just anyone...! Poor, if the story is true that they left in the middle of the Morrissey show, they missed it...!!!!:laughing:

I know what you mean, all the gigs this week he seems to have been holding back a bit

I thought that during his Vegas shows last year as well.

I wonder if its a meds thing, post his mums passing ?

By the way. I haven't read one remark where people said
" nobody stayed around " ?

I haven't read that, but people like to make out M is hated by everyone.
. which is crap, as we know .

The majority (from where I was) stayed put
That, of course ,doesn't mean they like M or enjoyed his set though.
It just means they stayed until the end of the movie, so to speak.

I was surprised by the set list.
It wasn't the best festival set list.

Good for fans like us..but not for your average festival person

Nevertheless most ,where I was, seemed to know and like the songs.

The little man what now lyric change made me laugh

Does anyone know the people on the big screen behind?
I’m sure on could be Normal Wisdom?

Hmm yeah def looks like everyone left :rolleyes:
I just asked the other person who mentioned this.

Where are people saying "nobody stayed " or everyone left?

That's a shame if people ate saying that.

As it was mostly a positive event.

Anyway off to bed for moi.

Me personally.

I prefer M .Always. Lots are saying bauhaus stole the night though.
I can see why

Last edited:
Little Man, What Now? footage will be interesting. What I heard was a seemingly direct dig at Marr regarding Salford Streets.
FWD.
This is from the other night but it has that line in it around 1:20, I cant find it from tonight yet

Many mummies in the audience zero energies, then an artist can capture that and does not unfold. Moz was beautiful re elegant, and I think no crosses, luckily. Moz is great, but I found the audience anesthetized.... It may also be that Morrissey has felt observed and perhaps uncomfortable, Alive Morrissey !!! Moz is the best and and.eh eh eh

Not the most appropriate of set lists to play for that festival crowd imo, but I guess that's typical Morrissey.

A few hits, obviously, but I'm sure that crowd would have killed for some Smiths singles.

Also, a noticeable lack of energy in that Suedehead performance.
I tend to agree.
If I were M. I would pull out a set like the Hollywood bowl gig that was filmed, for tomorrow and blow the rest away
But I doubt if he cares about that.

He's top of the bill, that's enough.

Be amusing if M came on when Bauhaus do Kick in the eye and sing Barberism Begins At Home all over it.

(lets just say Smiths nicked more than a pinch from Bauhaus for that one )

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom